1st Grow, Let Me Know What You Think

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickythumb

stickythumb

Really wish I would labeled the bags that these were in, I'm pretty sure they are all different strains.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Should I think about pruning some of the undergrowth at some point?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Makes it wasier to inspect for pests/nanners and easier to water.

M

MamaBear

I'd wait till she goes into full bloom, then you can "shave her legs".

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I'd wait till she goes into full bloom, then you can "shave her legs".
I like to at least get the leaves touching the soil and the pot clipped off to remove the bridge it creates for pests to crawl on your plant. Sometimes I even smear a little vaseline around the base of the stalk to trap anything trying to make it up the plant.

stickythumb

stickythumb

So I should expect to be seeing signs of sex within the next couple weeks?

stickythumb

stickythumb

She also happens to be my biggest plant, very excited! Waiting for the two others to show, they were about 4 days behind in the beginning, I'm hoping they show sometime this week!

stickythumb

stickythumb

Since my grow room is my entire closet, I want to use the window in there for an exhaust point, but, do not want my neighbors getting suspcious, what should I use for a filter in that window?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Since my grow room is my entire closet, I want to use the window in there for an exhaust point, but, do not want my neighbors getting suspcious, what should I use for a filter in that window?
I would use a filter and exhaust it into the room. If the room is air conditioned you will have no problems. Open windows in cold weather with makeshift filters is a dead giveaway to jackers and narcs

stickythumb

stickythumb

The closet unfortunately does not have ac in it, I pull air and circulate it with fans from the adjacent room then at night time I close the door. I don't want it to reek when in flower. Could I just put an air purifier in the grow room?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
You need to either cut a hole in the door or wall to the closet or make a false door out of cardboard and get an inline fan and a charcoal filter from a hydro store or online. Put the hole at the top and have the ducting running out of the hole pulling the hot air out of the closet with the filter right inside filtering the air before it comes out. The air coming under the door or cardboard should be enough, you dont need an intake for a small room.

This will keep you from having smell or heat issues, a 4 inch duct fan should be enough for a small light. 6 inch fans run quieter, at least ime

HorseFeather

HorseFeather

I have a friend with the same problem and he sent it to the attic - if that's not available, maybe the crawl space?

stickythumb

stickythumb

That's what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna go around and get some cardboard boxes ( fortunately for me I'm able to get plenty at work) to make the false door.

stickythumb

stickythumb

Actually I'll be able to vent through a light fixture hole in the ceiling. All I have to do is remove the light fixture!

Top Bottom