1st Grow, Let Me Know What You Think

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stickythumb

stickythumb

Microscope showed up last night, Most trichomes are still clear with few cloudy, My question is when should I start flushing?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I start when they are about 20% amber with most of the rest cloudy, but I like a rushy energetic feeling, wait longer for a more relaxing feeling. And I dont "flush" with large amounts of water, I just water as normal but with just plain PHed tap water.

stickythumb

stickythumb

I start when they are about 20% amber with most of the rest cloudy, but I like a rushy energetic feeling, wait longer for a more relaxing feeling. And I dont "flush" with large amounts of water, I just water as normal but with just plain PHed tap water.
Awesome, I usually water with 20% runoff. I'll most likely stay this course. I'll keep a watchful eye out the next week or so. Getting so close I can taste it (literally, the smells now are incredible). Thank you for your input, you guys have helped so much!

stickythumb

stickythumb

Also how long do you flush for? I didn't use a heavy amount of nutrient additives, so would a 1 week flush be adaquate?

M

MamaBear

I don't flush either - just plain water for the last couple weeks. The plant will naturally start to "die" as it nears the end of it's life cycle. You don't want to give nutes at the end to force it to stay alive. Let it die naturally and all will be well. Leaves will turn yellow and start dropping off - THIS IS A GOOD SIGN! You want your girls to stop putting energy into those leaves and concentrate on bud production. Also, don't pluck all the yellow leaves off. She has stored nutes in them and is sucking them back out. Let the leaves fall off on their own. I call this "finishing" and it's an important step! Finishing can take 2-4 weeks. Drying and curing will go much easier (and faster) if you let her finish first. She will deplete a lot of unwanted stuff (that makes the smoke harsh) all by herself.
This year, I tried the blackout period (2-3 days in the dark before chop) and it did make a difference. I found 2 days was good (3 didn't make any more difference). No water, no light. She thinks it's time to die and puts every last drop of energy into trics. Water a few days before - just enough so that the pot is fairly dry when she goes into dark. She should be bone-dry when you pull her out.
Basically, you can let her do a lot of the work for you!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
3 days flush is enough in my humble opinion mate .milky white with some Amber tricones is a good way to go to mate good luck .

Downhomedude

Downhomedude

Would you kindly let me know what lights you ended up using for veg and flower stages? I have been considering 8 23w 5000k cfl for veg and 8 23w 2700k for flower. I have 2 clones resting in a cupboard awaiting transplant and grow closet setup. This is my first grow:D ... thanks in advance. - DHD

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Would you kindly let me know what lights you ended up using for veg and flower stages? I have been considering 8 23w 5000k cfl for veg and 8 23w 2700k for flower. I have 2 clones resting in a cupboard awaiting transplant and grow closet setup. This is my first grow:D ... thanks in advance. - DHD
I use 600hps in my 1m x 1m x 2m grow tent , 6" fan charcoal filter and silencer with White shade cloth stretched out just above my crop to help a little with heat stress works magic for me

Downhomedude

Downhomedude

Very nice. I'm just going to use the closet for now until I'm more invested. Do you think the cfl's I listed are comparable to what op was using?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Very nice. I'm just going to use the closet for now until I'm more invested. Do you think the cfl's I listed are comparable to what op was using?
I guess so you can only but try mate keep us posted on your progress keep the heat down is my best advice I had a problem that's why I use shade cloth also I incorporate SeaSol in my mix which is great for heat stress aswell .

stickythumb

stickythumb

I went with 8 23 watt 6500k for veg, then simply replaced 4 of those with 2700k cfls for flower

M

MamaBear

Those fishing hooks are GENIOUS! I been messing with these x-small bungee cords but even they are too big a lot of times. I think I've got some old fishing gear around here somewhere . . . .
THANKS!!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Those fishing hooks are GENIOUS! I been messing with these x-small bungee cords but even they are too big a lot of times. I think I've got some old fishing gear around here somewhere . . . .
THANKS!!
No worries mate just cut the point of the hook off saves your fingers glad to help out my wife says I'm the ideas man .

stickythumb

stickythumb

Well, I believe I am going to harvest this weekend.I went with @MamaBear advice and they have been in complete darkness since Wednesday evening and I will chop them down tomorrow, More updates to come :)

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you cut the stem between nodes and then split the stalk in half it gives you a natural hook for hanging.
Dioecy

Imagine splitting this stalk straight down the middle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom