1st Grow - Light Airy Buds - What Went Wrong?

• Thread starter Pandaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cheech

hey man, i bet that's all some really good smoke. i'm pretty knew to all this too, but something you said stood out to me, and that was mentioning that one of your strains was a 49 or so day strain. don't let the dispensaries or breeders determine when your strain is done. it's pretty relative to your environment. i use to harvest based on time elapsed and also had airy nugs. get one of those sharper image hand held microscopes and harvest based on how the trichomes look. plus, after reading the weights it looks like you got 12 or so ounces. not bad at all

j wizzle

j wizzle

alot of people are saying temps but i think it has more to do with the length of time. i got 15 oz on my first grow, single plant, and it was always around 80-85 (lights on) in my room with no CO2, dropped to around 70 lights off.

i normally start my flush on the day the breeder says to pull it. so if its a 7-8 week strain, i flush on day 60 and harvest 75-85 depending on how its going.

P

Pandaman

It's still a new technique to gauge harvest time based on trikes. We did our best and watched them carefully day by day. We'll get better as each harvest comes. I think we did around 0.49gpw. That's only because of this farm though. Would have been much less without this great resource :).

Peace

C

cheech

good call on waiting for the flush, i started flushing at 6 weeks flower(entirely based on time and not trichs), and the plants apparently weren't ready, so i stalled their finish time. next time i'll flush when the trichs are.. well i need to research that a little bit.

P

Pandaman

alot of people are saying temps but i think it has more to do with the length of time. i got 15 oz on my first grow, single plant, and it was always around 80-85 (lights on) in my room with no CO2, dropped to around 70 lights off.

i normally start my flush on the day the breeder says to pull it. so if its a 7-8 week strain, i flush on day 60 and harvest 75-85 depending on how its going.

Almost a pound on your first grow?!? And only one plant?!? Very impressive! What setup are you using?

j wizzle

j wizzle

Almost a pound on your first grow?!? And only one plant?!? Very impressive! What setup are you using?

for that grow i used a 600W HPS, 3x3 area, SCROG with a 5 gal DWC. lucas formula only. i vegged it for about 7-8 weeks though and just took my time with it. i got about .7g/w which i was stoked about obviously for my 1st grow. No CO2 either.

P

Pandaman

for that grow i used a 600W HPS, 3x3 area, SCROG with a 5 gal DWC. lucas formula only. i vegged it for about 7-8 weeks though and just took my time with it. i got about .7g/w which i was stoked about obviously for my 1st grow. No CO2 either.

Awesome work dude! Ya man... That 5gal DWC is the shit! Tried it out and after 3 weeks of vege I had to kill it. It just grew TOO BIG! At the end of three weeks, it had taken up more than a quarter of my 4x4 tent. Since I run multiple strains, I just couldn't keep her :(.

When i get my new place... IT'S ON!

j wizzle

j wizzle

Awesome work dude! Ya man... That 5gal DWC is the shit! Tried it out and after 3 weeks of vege I had to kill it. It just grew TOO BIG! At the end of three weeks, it had taken up more than a quarter of my 4x4 tent. Since I run multiple strains, I just couldn't keep her :(.

When i get my new place... IT'S ON!

haha, yeah they get huge. im going to the UC system soon. i currently run this multi strain DWC system and its a pain in the ass.

check out the roots on my super lemon haze. roots are a little brown cuz i had a pump go bad. also didnt use hygrozyme on this run......NEVER forget your hygrozyme. that stuff works miracles.

IMG 1412
IMG 1306
P

Pandaman

OOOOOOOO DAMN that looks nice! I got a SLH vegging right now :).

Nice setup man, wish I had the space to do what you're doin'. Always liked scrogs, and you have the best of both worlds with that DWC :)

Peace

j wizzle

j wizzle

OOOOOOOO DAMN that looks nice! I got a SLH vegging right now :).

Nice setup man, wish I had the space to do what you're doin'. Always liked scrogs, and you have the best of both worlds with that DWC :)

Peace

flush that SLH at week 9 and let it go 11-12. trust me on this one. it gets huge and smells and tastes so nice. ill try to get some pics up of my SLH at 9 weeks on monday

good luck with your grow man

D

danko

my 2 pennies goes with temps as well. if your room is 85 then the canopy of your plants was much higher! probly 10 degrees higher. did you check the temp by placing your thermo in the canopy directly under you hps??? if you dont check that way, you really have no clue the temps your girls are experiencing.... hope this helps some. actually i hope you checked your temps properly. lol

just my opinion bro.... that AK looked way leafy. i grew that shit from serious seeds and they are all about dense huge colas!!!!

S

Skywalkin420

it would help alot more if you had different points of where you are measuring tempautes as well, and blocking those thermometers that are getting hit by light with some cardboard, leads to a more accurate reading of the rooms air. sort of like reading the microclimate of the whole room

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

hows the next batch coming along? Pretty much I wouldnt trust most co op cuts, I wasted month growing garbage. I'd say your better off growing some bag seed some a good batch of nugs you scored. Otherwise with the coop's its kinda a hit and miss, think about it this way if the co op sell the best cuts to you, then you have no reason to go back into there shop to score nuggets again. Im not sure if this is how it really goes but I have a feeling most shops hoard there good cuts.

P

Pandaman

Ya AK47 was a complete noob fuck up. She wasn't under direct light and she ended up stretching to 7 feet. Tied down and scraggly...

Yes, I looked at the temps from multiple angles and places. The temps I gave are probably +/- 5deg. I have no doubt that it was a combination of light height to the canopy and high temps.

I hear ya Lord D, I do. Since my 1st harvest My roommate and I have had a series of unfortunate events and have lost two crops (vege) since then. We are actually firing up a 600watt LED over a custom DWC (Bubbleponic style). All good equipment. Ran a temp test and after 12 hours of LED light with no air circulation the tent was only 81deg.

Ya Lord D, I've been burned a lot by bad/crappy clones. Although, that's what I have now, and that's what's going in the new DWC, I'm not going to crack my Love Potion beans till I KNOW that the system is running great. Hows your farm doin?

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

wow, that 6-hunny kicks ass. I'd like to step up to that if I can get my heat under control.

D

dreskew

dont want airy buds

What strains should I stay away from that give airy buds?

Top Bottom