1st Grow - Master Kush, White Widow, Ak48 Dwc

• Thread starter ArmedGeek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

To me that does look a little like you have some nute burn going on. Nute burn usually starts around the edges of the leaves like it is on yours. I would probably suggest backing off the nutes for a week and just top your buckets with just water for a little bit. They are still pretty young so they don't need much as far as nutes go right now.
his ppm is 217. So do you think its still nute burn/. I would suggest its a slight lockout due to the pythium he had on his roots. Watch new growth and watch roots...keep trucking,,,

G

Gre3nCr4ck

his ppm is 217. So do you think its still nute burn/. I would suggest its a slight lockout due to the pythium he had on his roots. Watch new growth and watch roots...keep trucking,,,
I did not see the post he had stating the 217ppm.. I just did a quick look at the pics.. Lock-out could be very possible and new growth is looking very green and healthy.. Looks like it could be a possible phosphorus deficiency.. I still think the plants are a bit young to be receiving much fertilizer though.. Anyone else have any advice for him on what this may be and how to fix it?

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I changed nutrients on Sunday and am having some issues.

Top left (white widow 1) and bottom left (master kush 2) are both showing brown circles on random fan leaves. It's morning for these girls, and normally their praying toward the light. Now, they seem droopy.

On Sunday, both plants showing this issue had a PPM of 236, two days later i'm showing 189ppm for both plants and about a half gallon of water is gone. Temps have been 75f in the tent, i haven't spilled any nutrients on them and could use some help. The picture doesn't show how bad it really is, but it looks like "leaf septoria" I do admit, i sat my humidifier inside the tent last night and woke up to this. I have since removed the humidifier.

All ml is total for 3 gal of RO water.
6ml Connoisseur Grow A&B
10ml Piranha
3.5ml Rhino Skin
4ml hydroguard

IMG 20170606 1641255711

IMG 20170606 1642029551

Last edited:
ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

Another problem i'm having, but only with the Master Kush is root rot. I can't seem to kick it and it's only getting worse. I used bleach and scrubbed the buckets, stones and air line. I added the actual recommended amount of hydroguard which is 2ml per 1gal (total of 6ml) and it's getting worse. I'm starting to think Piranha and hydroguard do not mix. Does anyone have experience with these two products used together? It smells like strait soil and feels like it also.

IMG 20170606 1643194251

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Another problem i'm having, but only with the Master Kush is root rot. I can't seem to kick it and it's only getting worse. I used bleach and scrubbed the buckets, stones and air line. I added the actual recommended amount of hydroguard which is 2ml per 1gal (total of 6ml) and it's getting worse. I'm starting to think Piranha and hydroguard do not mix. Does anyone have experience with these two products used together? It smells like strait soil and feels like it also.

View attachment 707736
sorry bro, im right in the middle of trimming by my self after working 9 hrs.. Havent had time to help. Jump the hydrogaurd up to 5 ml per gal.
I get back to you on the piranha and what I want you to do, and to answer your question, no its fine with it, both are bennies that are benificial.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 707736
I cut the worst of the brown out or spray it out at my sink with my sprayer.. The dead roots will fall off. You will never really repair those roots but you should see fresh white roots growing in, with in a week..
Welcome to hydro. The weak will get frustrated, the determined will continue to adapt and learn. I will work with you more, and help you, but its gonna be a few days before i can, i have tremendous amount of things to do, just finishing this run..

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

sorry bro, im right in the middle of trimming by my self after working 9 hrs.. Havent had time to help. Jump the hydrogaurd up to 5 ml per gal.
I get back to you on the piranha and what I want you to do, and to answer your question, no its fine with it, both are bennies that are benificial.

Good looking out man and no worries about being busy, i'm just glad i can get some help.. I added 15ml of hydroguard and it hasn't cleared up the root rot, but it seems it stopped spreading for the moment. I added 15ml of it to all bubblers.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

Tomorrow is week 4 and three days for my biggest girls and 4 weeks for the others. I went ahead and fimmed three plants at the 6th node and done a slight super cropping to get some fan leaves out of the way that i didn't want to cut. I also done some defoliation and started LST to get more light to the inner shoots. These things really do grow fast in hydro, glad i made this choice but major learning curve. On a side note...my dumb ass thought it was a good idea to chew on some of the stems for flavor...it gave me strait heart burn, bad.

IMG 20170609 1847005531

White Widow 1
IMG 20170609 1847321831

IMG 20170609 1847553621

IMG 20170609 184810068 HDR1

Master Kush 1
IMG 20170609 1848271681

IMG 20170609 1849021631

IMG 20170609 1850112321
IMG 20170609 1850112321
IMG 20170609 1849328981
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Tomorrow is week 4 and three days for my biggest girls and 4 weeks for the others. I went ahead and fimmed three plants at the 6th node and done a slight super cropping to get some fan leaves out of the way that i didn't want to cut. I also done some defoliation and started LST to get more light to the inner shoots. These things really do grow fast in hydro, glad i made this choice but major learning curve. On a side note...my dumb ass thought it was a good idea to chew on some of the stems for flavor...it gave me strait heart burn, bad.

View attachment 708756

White Widow 1
View attachment 708757

View attachment 708760

View attachment 708761

Master Kush 1
View attachment 708763

View attachment 708765
looking good!
if you think you like dwc, wait till you go RDWC...
You know what they say?
Once you go RDWC,
you never go back :)

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I dont lst like that. I did once, didnt like it for a multitude of reasons. I just top, then top again, Then i pull all branches out and hold them down with either hangers i make into hooks are yoyo's that i bought. Its usually 15 inches tall when i pull them out and down like an umbrella.. wait 2 weeks then flip...

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I dont lst like that. I did once, didnt like it for a multitude of reasons. I just top, then top again, Then i pull all branches out and hold them down with either hangers i make into hooks are yoyo's that i bought. Its usually 15 inches tall when i pull them out and down like an umbrella.. wait 2 weeks then flip...

I wasn't sure if I should top or fim. They say certain strains do better with a specific one but couldn't find the info based on what I'm growing. This being my first grow I've been experimenting. The ones I havent fimmed I'll do as you and top, then top again and top all shoots from the growth off fimming. Sounds weird saying it.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I wasn't sure if I should top or fim. They say certain strains do better with a specific one but couldn't find the info based on what I'm growing. This being my first grow I've been experimenting. The ones I havent fimmed I'll do as you and top, then top again and top all shoots from the growth off fimming. Sounds weird saying it.
Well now, you need to do what ever it takes to keep canopy even, including individual plant canopy, and uniform canopy of all plants together. And your first grows are learning lessons. I cant tell you exactly what to do, because you need to learn what happens when you do certain things. Its like training a dog, you try things, you stop what dont work, and you continue with what does. Your learning will be extreme all your first year. I just now have a really good grasp of what i want and what im trying to do, and thats after 25 plants grown and harvested in this last year.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I have a problem that's been creeping up the last week or so. It started out on one plants lower fan leave and within the last week i have noticed it on other plants. It doesn't cover all leaves, and i usually find this on lower older fan leaves.

DWC
week 5 of veg (started week 4)
RH 60%
PH 5.8
PPM ranges from 220-360 depending on size.

It starts out like this with small dots and ends up like the lower pic.

IMG 20170613 1655247201

IMG 20170613 1655419451

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I have a problem that's been creeping up the last week or so. It started out on one plants lower fan leave and within the last week i have noticed it on other plants. It doesn't cover all leaves, and i usually find this on lower older fan leaves.

DWC
week 5 of veg (started week 4)
RH 60%
PH 5.8
PPM ranges from 220-360 depending on size.

It starts out like this with small dots and ends up like the lower pic.

View attachment 710028

View attachment 710029
calcium deficiency I think...
up the feed to 1 ec.
Let me see a full plant pic..
What nutes you feeding ? I forgot..

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I would take a full pic but i just defoliated the leaves that are showing this issue. They needed it anyways, some were getting to bushy and not getting any light in. But, i know the issue will appear again, sucks man i can't figure it out.

I'm all over the place when it comes to nutes due to running 3 different strains. I was told early on in this post that i should run one strain for my first time, i actually agree. It's tough to a keep a good journal this early on. The below PPM is specific to my biggest plant. All additives are the same for ALL plants, but i used less grow A&B depending on size.

I dropped running calmag plus

Week 5 veg
(Biggest girl) per liter ( 3.3 gal dwc)
5ml Connoisseur grow A&b
8ml Rhino skin
15ml Hydroguard
PPM = 519

This PPM is based 40ppm dropping per day from last week.

ArmedGeek

ArmedGeek

I for one want to thank anyone who has helped me out during this grow...BUT....i have nothing but bad things to say about this site in general. To be completely honest, i don't get any reply's unless it's someone following along. With that said, i more than appreciate, the ones who do chime in...thank you, really guys. However, at the end of the day i don't hear back from anyone else.....EVER.....But yet....we got over 1k views on this post alone. Everyone wants to stop by and read....but then move on. I thought this place would actually provide experience mixed with others for the best opinion on what one should do for the love and experience. I feel the moderators should CUT the shit out from forums, if it's complete garbage and doesn't help anyone, get rid of it. Theres simply too much garbage information on these threads if you really follow along. Mind you, you find the experience going through all the BS...but at the end of the day...you have to filter through garbage.....with that said....i hope to find a real site to learn from....maybe it doesn't exist...but...at the end of the day, i hope to only learn knowledge and love, instead this nute is better than this nute blah blah....omg you have AN your such a douche bag.... who gives a fuck what kind of nutrient YOU USE....at the end of the day...your just bitching about AN being more expensive than the product YOU USE....MAYBE....JUST MAYBE....I actually have a good job and the price of AN is pocket change and ain't shit to me.....you ever think of that? Granted, maybe it's expensive to you....i've been broke and i've had money...but at the end of the day shut up about it. To each their own....damn AN haters....get a better job if you want to bitch about how much the cost is....for real though....

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I for one want to thank anyone who has helped me out during this grow...BUT....i have nothing but bad things to say about this site in general. To be completely honest, i don't get any reply's unless it's someone following along. With that said, i more than appreciate, the ones who do chime in...thank you, really guys. However, at the end of the day i don't hear back from anyone else.....EVER.....But yet....we got over 1k views on this post alone. Everyone wants to stop by and read....but then move on. I thought this place would actually provide experience mixed with others for the best opinion on what one should do for the love and experience. I feel the moderators should CUT the shit out from forums, if it's complete garbage and doesn't help anyone, get rid of it. Theres simply too much garbage information on these threads if you really follow along. Mind you, you find the experience going through all the BS...but at the end of the day...you have to filter through garbage.....with that said....i hope to find a real site to learn from....maybe it doesn't exist...but...at the end of the day, i hope to only learn knowledge and love, instead this nute is better than this nute blah blah....omg you have AN your such a douche bag.... who gives a fuck what kind of nutrient YOU USE....at the end of the day...your just bitching about AN being more expensive than the product YOU USE....MAYBE....JUST MAYBE....I actually have a good job and the price of AN is pocket change and ain't shit to me.....you ever think of that? Granted, maybe it's expensive to you....i've been broke and i've had money...but at the end of the day shut up about it. To each their own....damn AN haters....get a better job if you want to bitch about how much the cost is....for real though....
are you serious bro? where did that come from? As for me, I sling steel all day long. Sometimes 10 hrs a day. I answered your reply then fell asleep after my shift today. I seen rizzo hit a hr at 6 30 tonight then fell asleep and missed the trest of the game. I didnt want to do that. they scored 15 runs!!!
My point is a lot of us, have other lives outside mj! As for this site, weather your successful or not, IS UP TO YOU! That search bar has every answer you need. Do you think for a min that no other growers have problems? You will prob see tox, and diff for your first whole yr. As for this site, it put 12k in my pocket this year, MY FIRST YEAR! And that is something, you can TAKE TO THE BANK!
As for your nutrient, it could be finicky, and something somebody more experienced should run. I know it gets mixed reviews. So be it. Nobody said you were stupid or not worth shit, THEY SAID THE AN nutrient was. Dont be so internal.
As for others chiming in, have you tried going around to other threads and commenting? Have you seen another member asking about something, and you google and see what you can learn, TO HELP HIM?
Its a two way street brother, when looking for help.... I would ask, @rmoltis, or @mandalaman to kindly erase your last post and this one of mine, so its a clean slate... And we can get back to growing...

H

heisen

I dont take his reply personal but he does have a point.Alot of readers here and not many reply.I think most people are looking from smart phones and just dont want to reply.Ive had some bad ass grow journals and not many at all reply.I never take it personal just keep chugging along.Dont look at these journals as a way to show off your work.Look at them as reference points to go back and read how you did it so u can learn from them.They are best tools.This is why i include so many pictures and details.You always have a side by side reference to compare you new plants to the old and see if youve gotten better.I could give a rats ass personally who reads mine.There a great learning tool for yourself stored on the internet.Keeps you from having to keep so many records laying around your grow area.

One thing to remember bro its the ones that do reply that count.Those are the ones that most likely will stick it out with you till the end and in the future.The longer you are here the more people will follow what ya doing.
Anyway you definitly have a calcium issue.Never stop calmag at any stage in your grow or your have issues.I always add in 3 to 4 ML per gallon a calimagic no matter what the fuk happens and never have any more calmag problems.If you are adding any water to your system alsways make sure there is calmag going in ALWAYS.

H

heisen

do yourself a gigantic favor and follow me and event and you will never have another issue in DWC again.go back and read my journals.The exact problems your having have been gone over repeadetly in my grow journals.You are NOT goig to get a specific answer to any specific question ever on any of these forums.But thats what makes growing this weed so fucking fun.Its a learning experience that will bring you closer to knocking grows out of the park.Be patient brother and follow some bad ass growers.Every answer to every question u have can be found in there grow journals.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

do yourself a gigantic favor and follow me and event and you will never have another issue in DWC again.go back and read my journals.The exact problems your having have been gone over repeadetly in my grow journals.You are NOT goig to get a specific answer to any specific question ever on any of these forums.But thats what makes growing this weed so fucking fun.Its a learning experience that will bring you closer to knocking grows out of the park.Be patient brother and follow some bad ass growers.Every answer to every question u have can be found in there grow journals.
DITTO! Perfectly stated...
U stated that so eloquently lol

Top Bottom