1st Grow! Need Help! Follow My 1st Grow!

• Thread starter E.Csticks187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

"Green World"
What's going on? Just started my 1st grow! All of my strains are unknown, however the seeds I am using come from mid grade bud and unknown "loud" (kindbud) I smoked this previous year. I don't have them labled because I like the fun of them being unknown I also have beasters I poped and yes I said "beasters", mid and loud. Its a EastCoast term! I never smoke schwag all of the mid was grown out too the full extent and beatsers were most likely hydroponically grown. Again this is my 1st grow, so If I am not using the correct terminology I do apologize. I constructed my grow op from bottom to top I used a dresser thats pretty big. Started out using 2 100 watt cfls and a 15cfl watt small light with a reflector. I added more to the fire flame and bought 2 150 watt cfls and a 100 watt cfl for a total of 400 watts. I have 24 growing and just recently gave them their first shot of nutrients (kangaroots and big bloom) by fox farms. Last night to be exact. May 11th, They are goin on 4 weeks and some are starting to look foreign meaning I don't know how to classify them sativa/indica or hybrids. Need Help on that end to determine what type of bud they are. Also I'm starting to see defiencies on them. I would also need help on curing those defiencies and what nutrients my plants might respond to. I would love for anyone to join my journey with my 1st operation. I will be upgrading my lights every few months to ensure my plants get enough light. I like to turn the fire flame up! Lol, but I am going on a month with these babies and will be uploading pics of them ASAP it will be before i added the nutrients and will update pics every month until harvest. Hope you enjoy and look foward to hearing your responses, opinions, and advice! YOUR HELP IS MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

Thanks man you should be impressed ! Excuse me they are 3weeks old in the pics I will be uploading and it will be before their first shot of nutes.

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

I should have those up either later Sunday evening or no later than Monday night.

alpinehi

alpinehi

It's good to be optimistic. When do you plan on upgrading your lighting setup and what are you going to upgrade to?

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

Just off head maybe a 500 watt cfl, maybe bigger probably 2! And upgrade once more after that right before I flower it out and put these ladies outdoors!

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

Depending on if I feel they are getting enough light and are at standard height and size so its really up to the plants how much wattage i add to them. Limited space so I may have to top them as well

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

3 defiencies

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

First pics are up in the air. I think they aren't looking very decent some are looking very foreign! Take a look and tell me what you think. These are at 3 weeks and have not had any nutes. They have blossomed so much after the nutrients (kangaroot and big bloom). Lol, Hope Im pronouncing it right. Like I said I started out with about 225 watts and now I'm at 400 I will be upgrading the lighting just one more time before and will most likely go to about 600 watts all of my bulbs are cfls so maybe some color in there for vegetation? Or maybe some color cfl lights for flowering?. Hmmm... Idk what do you suggest? And what nutes do you think might cure some of these little obvious problems.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Looking good E.
Keep those CFL's close to the plants (3 inches) Or put them in the sun asap;)

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

Hey E.Csticks187,

Those plants look real good for your first time. The one that you have propped up with a stick looks like it didn't get enough light initially. You might want to up-pot it and bury that stem a bit, otherwise it may just collapse. You didn't mention a fan in there for air flow. Try to move the air around for circulation and when it blows on your plants, the movement helps strengthen the stems.

It sounds like you are using Fox Farm nutrients. I am not familiar with Kangaroots but I understand it's purpose. Good choice on building the root system. Very important. The Big Bloom is used primarily for Blooming, but I think it will help build your soil right now. If you want to stay with Fox Farm nutes, get a bottle of Grow Big (green bottle) for Vegetive growth. Wait until your embryo (first round) leaves start yellowing. If you are using a quality soil, you may not need Veg. nutes if you just keep up-potting with fresh soil.

If using CFLs, get them as close to the plants as possible. Are you able to measure the humidity of the grow area?

My advise is to keep it simple on this first grow. Read as much as you can on these forums. Ask questions. Folks here want to help. You'll do best by keeping it small and babying the shit out of those plants.

Good luck.

alpinehi

alpinehi

I wouldn't even bother trying to flower those under cfls. I tried to flower with a T5 before and the results were mediocre at best. Like Ken said, if you have a secure place to let those ladies see the sun I would most definitely recommend doing that. Jack is on point and saved me a lot of typing. Keep asking questions and your fellow farmers on here will help you as much as we can. Keep fighting the good fight!

E.Csticks187

E.Csticks187

Yes, its going to be fox farms I'm using throughout the cycle and is the nutes your referring too by fox farm if that is the case I have a whole set up by them! More than prepared!! Yes, I will update more pics in the middle of next month. By the middle of that next following month I will put them outside. But you guys can help me judge what times would be appropriate to let these babies boom. And also my ending wattage before I putt hem outside is going to be 500, and yes they are pretty close, so I will try and get them closer to 3 inches.

spacebomb

spacebomb

Hey man, welcome. And great start to kick your log of aswell. Very nice looking plants:-). Why don't you get your self a 250,hid,? Or even a 400? Your growth will be much faster and you will get bigger plants. Personally I think you are going exellent. Just the cfl ,s. Great luck man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom