1st grow of 2023 fingers crossed

• Thread starter costanza
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
costanza

costanza

Sugar show, sweat helmet, and hazelnut cream definitely have my attention man. Can wait for that grow to start, ill be following along.
I've been wanting to grow the hazelnut for the longest time I figure it will be a nice daytime change from the lemon drip

costanza

costanza

Ok so it was too good to be true, seeds here now did not honor the price listed and refunded my money for the sugar show pack. So now I need to come up with a replacement from the fem list. I'm sure that list will change at least 10 times before I start the new grow next month

costanza

costanza

Ok I think I've decided on the sugar show replacement.
In January when I won the photo contest, I won some seeds from Dragons Flame.
I had never heard of them before, and found their discord and have been pleasantly surprised at how nice of a little community he has that I think I owe it to the guy to grow out one of his packs he sent me so the replacement is gonna be Dragons Flame Mac Dragon BX1.
here is the description of the strain from his site

he mac Dragon bx1 feminized line is the newest release in the series of the mac dragon releases.

Lineage is - Mac Dragon #7 x orange dreams)x mac dragon #7 reversal.

includes 6 feminized beans, plus a freebie pack of 10 regular beans

Terps are loud berry and fuel, some go heavier berry and some are heavier fuel. Also some puppy breath phenos to find as well.

Easy going dankness that performs in tough climates is what this line is about. Shows many colorful phenos as well, with excellent bag appeal, and stoney smoke. Very pain killing as well

Eledin

Eledin

They look great! Did you choose those strains knowing they were prone to foxtailing on purpose? I see a lot of them, not that is bad but Im wondering if its genetics or high temperatures. Whatever it is, awesome job man!

costanza

costanza

They look great! Did you choose those strains knowing they were prone to foxtailing on purpose? I see a lot of them, not that is bad but Im wondering if its genetics or high temperatures. Whatever it is, awesome job man!
Thanks, I chose them just because they were freebies and I've had really good luck with freebies from that breeder. I do run higher temps than normal so I get the foxtails quite often, especially since I added another light to the tent on the next grow I'm gonna run my lights at a lower intensity and see if that helps.

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
wow so it's been less then 24 hours since making this list and I am already second guessing the decision hahaha.
I woke up this morning, and got an email from seeds here now, and usually ignore this stuff since I have enough seeds already but what caught my eye was the prices. Not sure if it was a glitch on the website or they goofed and started a 420 sale early but I just bought a pack of the Sigma Series Sugar Show for 48 bucks then used my 10 dollars in points to knock it down to 38. the reg price of the pack is 200 and it was a pack that I really wanted badly so it was a win win now I'm gonna have to come up with a new plan for the next run and will probably end up reverting back to growing fems once again.
Yeah I think you got some sort of mix up deal as I went and checked just to see and the Sigma Series Sugar Show seeds were 200 bucks not 50 so good for you. Must be Karma
Have good one
Citrus7144

costanza

costanza

Yeah I think you got some sort of mix up deal as I went and checked just to see and the Sigma Series Sugar Show seeds were 200 bucks not 50 so good for you. Must be Karma
Have good one
Citrus7144
They caught it the next day, and even though I argued that they should honor the price since it was their screwup they did not. They did give me a 10 dollar credit which just pissed me off and made me never want to do business with them again.

costanza

costanza

Cookies and Cream and Gary Payton were harvested this morning. I neglected to get pics because I was in a hurry and didn't want to let any humidity escape the dry room and needed to keep the door open so I could carry the Gary hahaha I rhymes.
2 plants left Sativa blueberry pheno and King Willie. Willie is looking quite bulbous these days, and I give her about 3 weeks left but old Blue she's a stubborn girl she didn't start flowering like the rest and kept stretching away towards the sky but now at week 9 she is really packing on the weight. I don't wanna jinx anything but I think this ones gonna break my record of 9oz which isn't astronomical but for me it's the most weight I've gotten off of one plant and squeezing multiple plants into a tent isn't the best way to get the most yield but I like having a good variety of strains to smoke. I finally broke down and accepted that I am getting old and for my 46th birthday I bought myself some reading glasses and wow its like I'm looking at different plants now, its amazing how my eyes were so bad that I got used to it and didn't realize how bad they were until using the glasses Its like I can see through shit I feel like superman.

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
They caught it the next day, and even though I argued that they should honor the price since it was their screwup they did not. They did give me a 10 dollar credit which just pissed me off and made me never want to do business with them again.
Yeah should have grabbed a picture of the cost then yelled bait and switch if you yelled load enough they would give in but who has the time? Yeah I would be hesitant to grab any of their stuff now I mean what happens when you order something then the next day they say whoops our bad it really costs twice what we were charging you? It would have been sweet though as that sugar show does look tasty. I now pretty much just go to Trustfall here on the farm now to get seeds or clones he would never pull that nonsense and he has some killer strains. I look forward to watching your grow !!! Have a great day!
Citrus7144

citrus7144

citrus7144

Supporter
Cookies and Cream and Gary Payton were harvested this morning. I neglected to get pics because I was in a hurry and didn't want to let any humidity escape the dry room and needed to keep the door open so I could carry the Gary hahaha I rhymes.
2 plants left Sativa blueberry pheno and King Willie. Willie is looking quite bulbous these days, and I give her about 3 weeks left but old Blue she's a stubborn girl she didn't start flowering like the rest and kept stretching away towards the sky but now at week 9 she is really packing on the weight. I don't wanna jinx anything but I think this ones gonna break my record of 9oz which isn't astronomical but for me it's the most weight I've gotten off of one plant and squeezing multiple plants into a tent isn't the best way to get the most yield but I like having a good variety of strains to smoke. I finally broke down and accepted that I am getting old and for my 46th birthday I bought myself some reading glasses and wow its like I'm looking at different plants now, its amazing how my eyes were so bad that I got used to it and didn't realize how bad they were until using the glasses Its like I can see through shit I feel like superman.
Dude too true just got reading glasses last year and was like holy cow I can see!!!

costanza

costanza

Yeah should have grabbed a picture of the cost then yelled bait and switch if you yelled load enough they would give in but who has the time? Yeah I would be hesitant to grab any of their stuff now I mean what happens when you order something then the next day they say whoops our bad it really costs twice what we were charging you? It would have been sweet though as that sugar show does look tasty. I now pretty much just go to Trustfall here on the farm now to get seeds or clones he would never pull that nonsense and he has some killer strains. I look forward to watching your grow !!! Have a great day!
Citrus7144
Yeah stopped going through SHN and other vendors awhile back I just got an email last week about that sale and figured Id check it out and then I saw the goof price and bought them hoping they would honor it. I have no intention of giving Uncle Fester anymore of my money, I am on my second run with some seeds from a breeder on here named Hyp3rids I have one of their plants in my 3x3 right now and the Wolfman and Sawa I'm growing on this one are from them. Also Dragons Flame is on here too I have his Mac Dragon in this run. I was checking out Trustfalls stuff the other day @SchwiftyGrower grew a really nice one of his.

costanza

costanza

Ok here is what's left in the 3x3. The blueberry that's taking forever has about 5 maybe 6 weeks to go and the King Willie I'm gonna guess maybe 3 weeks left

20230424 193227
20230424 193219
20230424 193205
20230424 193158
20230424 193152
20230424 193147
20230424 193138
20230424 193130
costanza

costanza

btw that little creepy drying room is my boiler room in my basement. Put a green light bulb because apparently green light doesn't effect trichs but who knows half of that shit is probably a bunch of crap and bro science but I'm gonna do it anyway haha. Debating whether I wanna put a small table in this room and trim my buds in here or bring them up to the kitchen and sit at the table and do it in comfort. Cant see the flowers getting ruined by being in 70F 50RH environment for an hour while trimming buds plus that room scares me a little bit it gives me Freddy Krueger vibes big time.

costanza

costanza

just a little info on my final steps I do after the chop. I know there are many methods to drying and curing buds and everyone has their personal preference but here is mine. I keep my room a little warmer while the plants are still attached to the stems hanging. I like 65 to 68F with a decent breeze from a fan nothing too crazy and a steady 60RH. Once day 10 comes around, I start feeling the stalks to see which ones feel drier and when I start getting some of the larger branches to snap usually around day 12 to 14 I will cut the branches into foot long segments and then stack the branches with the buds attached into turkey bags which get tied up and placed into small black and yellow home depot bins and covered. Once the plants are in the bins, I lower my temps down and try to keep it as close to 60F/60RH as a I can. For the first week I will open each bin and turkey bag daily for 15 minutes then week 2 I will remove the buds from the stems and place the buds right back into the turkey bags and into the bins for another week opening the bins and turkey bags daily for 15 minutes for the entire week. After sitting in the bins for 14 days I trim the buds up and put them into grove bags, then heat seal the ends of the grove bags and place them right back into the boiler room that sits at 60/60 where they sit for storage. I will usually keep each strain in a 1/4 to 1/2 lb grove bag for storage and keep an oz out of each strain for my head stash and then just dip into the storage bags as I run out. Just my little method, I'm sure there are better ones out there but this one has worked really well for me and I have gotten a really good cure on my buds the past 2 runs using this method.

costanza

costanza

Pulled a small bud of cereal milk off one of the drying plants this morning to test a nug. Tested a red runtz bud yesterday and was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted already after only a week drying cant wait to taste those buds after 5 to 6 weeks in grove bags. Here is the tiny cereal milk bud it was one of the smaller popcorn buds and its dense as hell which gives me hope that this batch could be better than it looked when it was growing
20230429 100610

costanza

costanza

Smoke report. A little early for a smoke report in terms of flavor but the effects are definitely there. Had a sweet earthy taste, and shockingly it did not have a bitter chlorophyll taste that most of the plants have the first week after chop. It also did not have any aftertaste which is very common with green weed, so I must have done something right on this one because the taste is already much better than the last batch was after 2 to 3 weeks. I have a very high tolerance due to those damn live resin carts and I am going to try and force myself to take a T break for a few weeks while this stuff is drying and curing. With the higher tolerance, I rate flower differently now. Basically if it gets me stoned more than 20 minutes then its decent weed because the 30% dispensary flower gets me buzzed for 20 minutes and I dont expect much with this stupid tolerance at the moment. After sampling the nugget I can see why this cereal milk strain is popular, its got a really nice even buzz to it. I finished vaping a bowl at around 12:30 and at 1:12pm I can still feel a little bit of the buzz. It started off strong behind the eyes which I love, and turned into a nice fuzzy body buzz along with the eye pressure and a good cerebral feeling without too much fog. Seems to be a pretty decent strain for early afternoons when you don't have anything to do but I would stay away from it before noon since it has that fuzzy body feeling to it might make you wanna sit down for 2 to 5 hours and play video games. Looking forward to trying the Gary Payton, since its pretty much the same strain as the Cereal Milk just a different pheno. Gonna give the Gary and Cookies and cream another day before I sample them since I didn't chop until Monday.

costanza

costanza

Here's the gary. Honestly this was the ugliest plant I've grown in the past 2 years and unless it really knocks my socks off it's most likely getting turned Into hash or given away as birthday gifts for friends this summer

20230429 143155
20230429 142445

Latest posts

Top Bottom