1st grow on the farm. Deathstar and LA confidential

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Whats up farm midwest densies here. Moved out of good ol naptown and cruised to the greater LA area recently. Finally got things about started up and the clones rooted and recovered soon to be moms after making the 2500 mile drive.​
This is week 3 of veg and they are in botanicare ready gro moisture formula and have been fed house and garden and a great mix of teas. Need to order caps packs tonight to really keep it poppin. First two pics are the deathstar and second is LA confidential (2 survivors). I had 3 survivors out of 5 on the trip. Losing my blue cheese that i just loved the taste of. I also had to get rid of a killer arsenal of flavors prior to leaving which really sucked. Hoping to check out avalon and some alien goodness maybe get a few new lil scandals in the stable.​
Really stoked to crush it in a new state. Anyone feel free to comment. Really loving contributing to a site ive perused for hours on end. Peace MWD.
1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential
1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential 2
1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential 3
1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential

1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential 4
1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential 5
1st grow on the farm deathstar and la confidential 6
Mogrow

Mogrow

midwest boy makes the big move to the left coast// right on homie /// tear it up out there // glad some of the moms made it, what a trip// hope avalon is back open GoD said they were shut down but hoped to be open soon.
really,, good luck in the land of the MMJ..
peace mogrow

symbiote420

symbiote420

Congrats on the move homie, I hope things go well for ya! You had two nice strains make the trip so you're in good company already.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Thanks guys, Ive always loved cali and glad to finally call it home. Hopefully i can score some good clones elsewhere since avalon isnt currently open. Speaking of anyone know of a good source in the LA area? kinda way up in the burbs but willing to ride out where ever. Peace MWD.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Ha whatsup guys!? Ive followed all of your logs learning so much. So big thanks for chiming in and the kind words. Im def hoping to meet some new people out here because my dog is all i have for now but hes the shit.

Room buildout is coming later this week or weekend. Currently have an 8x12 insulated shed with ac ran to it is two 60 amp services. A second veg shed will be constructed. In the shed is 3 600s , thinking of upgrading to 4 or even 6 600s hopefully soon. Hoods are blockbusters, bulbs are solarmax and a mix of ballasts. I also have a few trays sitting around, a growonix 1000 gallon ro, and a nice array of lil gadgets for keeping shit in check.

Very familiar with coco beds, hempys and loving the idea of Dankworths hater buckets, so toying with what style I want to go with. Many projects to do around here and will hopefully have some new pics of the room and get some more bitches from somewhere.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Lil update for yall. Room is cleaned up and deciding a few things for the build.. Heres a few shots of the room and also the little ghetto closet setup i was rocking to keep things going they should be in the room tomorrow under proper veg. Kinda funny compared what im used to but is what it is. Lets them grow!!

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I'm liking the root pots also. Have some local durban cuts and double diesel cuts in 1 gallons about ready to flip. That deathstar looks nice.

outwest

Afghi420

Afghi420

Whats up farm midwest densies here. Moved out of good ol naptown and cruised to the greater LA area recently. Finally got things about started up and the clones rooted and recovered soon to be moms after making the 2500 mile drive.​
This is week 3 of veg and they are in botanicare ready gro moisture formula and have been fed house and garden and a great mix of teas. Need to order caps packs tonight to really keep it poppin. First two pics are the deathstar and second is LA confidential (2 survivors). I had 3 survivors out of 5 on the trip. Losing my blue cheese that i just loved the taste of. I also had to get rid of a killer arsenal of flavors prior to leaving which really sucked. Hoping to check out avalon and some alien goodness maybe get a few new lil scandals in the stable.​
Really stoked to crush it in a new state. Anyone feel free to comment. Really loving contributing to a site ive perused for hours on end. Peace MWD.View attachment 248695

How did the LA Confidential turn out? Im considering ordering some LA seeds here soon and growing that strain this winter. It was either that or Black Domina, the 2 i settled on.. Im looking for a super obliverating couchlock type stone.. Actually i have 2 Domina's along with 2 Lemo Skunk on my back patio right now, so i should atleast get to sample the Domina in a couple weeks. Anyways, i just want to be sure about the LA before i invest my time into growing the strain. From a lot of posts i have seen about it, it seems a lot of people seem to comment about it being some of the best smoke they have ever had, ive seen that more then a couple times..

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

How did the LA Confidential turn out? Im considering ordering some LA seeds here soon and growing that strain this winter. It was either that or Black Domina, the 2 i settled on.. Im looking for a super obliverating couchlock type stone.. Actually i have 2 Domina's along with 2 Lemo Skunk on my back patio right now, so i should atleast get to sample the Domina in a couple weeks. Anyways, i just want to be sure about the LA before i invest my time into growing the strain. From a lot of posts i have seen about it, it seems a lot of people seem to comment about it being some of the best smoke they have ever had, ive seen that more then a couple times..

What up homie. The LA just has always remained with me due to the taste (thats what its only about for me) and delivering a great stone and always frosty. Seems to root fast veg slower and stretch in the medium department for me. Goes 8 weeks but i tend to take it a little longer maybe a week but really isn't necessary. I'd recommend it to anyone. Also the wax I've made from it brings out a killer lemon zest flavor thats insane and had some saying it was their favorite to date. Hope I answered any questions that you mave have had if not ask away.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I'm liking the root pots also. Have some local durban cuts and double diesel cuts in 1 gallons about ready to flip. That deathstar looks nice.

outwest

thanks buddy. Everythings cruising along have been busy researching and going to and from the hardware store figuring out what setup im going with. Also have been setting up for organics and made a super soil based off of several Ive researched with a bunch of amendments. Started up a worm bin for fresh castings a few weeks ago.

A few years ago I delved into organics with humboldt nutrients using the entire line. I used the inorganic inputs they had as well and remember having great results. So I guess I kinda want to toy with that for a while. Being that Im also in cali now I can do an outdoor and have ample space where Im at so that will be super interesting next year. So i may put some pots in the room or something. Also got a sample of nutrifield veg+bloom for a little trial. Holy shit! I almost forgot I ordered a pack of alien tahoe!!! Also a few others are up in the air as well kinda interested in that alien aloha for flavor.

Will have moms in the room under real light because that 125w light is seriously funny. Either getting a 600w ushio conversion mh or 1000w mh for proper veg under a magnum. To make em say ugh! Other than that tied that deathstar to the floor to bush that lil thing out some. Well everyone enjoy their weekend. Peace MWD

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Whatsup farmers!? New update, not much but things are taking shape. Fed the moms today and have been topping and training them so i can get some cuttings down the road. Will have them in the real room just past the weekend. Had a few things to do before.

Other than that waiting on my tahoexalien seeds and my soil mix that I prepared is almost ready.

First two pics are LA confidential second two are Deathstar

This is the space and the security. Also what my soil mix is comprised of but I left out epsom salt, dolomite lime, alfalfa meal and some bio char. Really interested in this humic acid concentrate with micro-nutrients from bioag.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

The soil mix, my stoned ass forgot to upload the pic ha. Also received a sample veg+bloom ready to try on a plant or two and see how it goes. Looks like a chunk of oil on the feed chart, good stuff.

So be ready for alot of different testing, building out some buckets to put under 2 600s and doing a rockwool table for the other 600w. Also have another 100w and 600w ballasts to figure out what to do with.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

What's up farmers, have a lil update for this log. Things are growing nicely and a lot faster, which is really nice.

The deathstar mom has been transplanted into a 5 gallon smarty with botanicare coco moisture formula, some ancient forest, bio char, frass and ewc. Shes looking real pretty and ready to put out in the next couple weeks but took 3 cuts off her for now.

Also took 9 cuttings off the LA mommas, they should be transplanted in a week or so. The moms are under a 1000w mh hortilux in the flower room which will be switched up when clones are ready and hopefully a veg room build out to follow.

sox

sox

nice bro! your stoked on all that gear, the frass and castings are gunna change everything for sure...good call on starting the worm bins, vermicomposting is the shit!
Hope all is well with you and yours, ill be by to watch these babies blow up!

Love & Light,
~Sox

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

Awesome good luck! i'm sub'd. Those are some nice deathstar moms you brought with ya! Take it easy :D i'll be around

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

nice bro! your stoked on all that gear, the frass and castings are gunna change everything for sure...good call on starting the worm bins, vermicomposting is the shit!
Hope all is well with you and yours, ill be by to watch these babies blow up!

Love & Light,
~Sox
yeah been rocking that frass since it popped up in april at a local place back in the midwest and loved it ever since. cant wait to see how things turn out.
Awesome good luck! i'm sub'd. Those are some nice deathstar moms you brought with ya! Take it easy :D i'll be around
Yeah thanks man sit down have a seat.. I bet you know all about that dstar huh?

Reactions: sox
Mogrow

Mogrow

plants grew alot in week, rock on amigo. cuts look nice also, your new digs are coming along nicely. keep up the good work .. i swear im gonna may the move someday, i really am...
peace mogrow..

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Aww yea! Shit is really startin to pop off!! Finally all the hard work and relocating is starting to really progress.

Today I took a few more cuts of the moms, mainly the deathstar mom as she needed a few more days for growth. They were also fed and one of the LA moms was transplanted in a mix of ancient forest, frass, bio char, humic, azomite and into the same base of botanicare moisture formula coco.

Tomorrow I will get the other LA transplanted as I was short a pot and may see how the 5 gallon roots is vs the smarties.

I also soaked rockwool cubes and root riots in seperate solutions to see how sea green's rootamentary compares against roots excel. They were soaked in ro in their appropriate solutions of 5.5 for the rockwool and 5.8 for the root riots in the correct amount of each nutrient. Then i added a couple drops of superthrive. Im comparing each strain in the two different mediums.

The reason for the comparison is simply I have the nutrients and the curiousity. Also with these extra cuttings I'm starting my brother up and prefer to not change the mediums since we decided on an easy approach of super soil comprised with teas and water. So hence both the rr and riots.

His build is coming soon but essentially a cabinet or tent of some sort with a super sun 2 small hood with a 600w below that a tote of super soil with all the goodies I've been adding. Maybe a bottom layer with a bunch of hydroton.

In the room pics You'll see the tuff boxes which are going to have a custom bucket built holding two plants with a gravity fed system and hempy type holes for overflow. Kind of similar to danksworth "haterbucket" but with some different features and obviously alot of learning to do.

The table the moms are on is going to be used for a flood and drain or a dtw with 6 in rockwool cubes in a hydroton bed. Maybe a coco mat and possible aeration.

Anybody have suggestions for that dilemma? I've obviously researched it some but would love someone to chime in. Also any other questions feel free as I'm always down to answer them.

Whew, sorry for all that bullshit hah but super excited and rambling time to relax and light that pif. MWD

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Voila! 6/12 of the clones are starting to have multiple roots coming out in the tray taken on 9-20. Into small pots to take root very soon, then into the veg area. Received my pack of tahoexaliens lastnight and dropped six in. Also have a bunch of diamond and true og S1s to mess with but popped 4 so far.

Top Bottom