1st Grow..when Can I Harvest?

• Thread starter larafam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
This is my 1st grow. I don't know how long until I can harvest. Sour D under CFL's. Pretty good for a beginner?
If you have a eye loupe check your Tricones are milky white and some turning Amber in your pics it looks ready but it's hard to tell .

larafam

larafam

I should start doing a 2 week flush so by then they should be ready. I just don't want to harvest too early and end up with some hay smelling weed that even a good cure won't take away. All that hard work to end up with some hay smelling weed, I sure would be disappointed considering the fact that when I squeeze them they smell so good.

larafam

larafam

Added some 3 5000k LED's to get more frost.Plus the more light the better right since that's all I had.

IMG 20161204 164702
IMG 20161204 164636
IMG 20161204 164521
IMG 20161204 164320
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Hay smell comes from incorrect drying. Dark room, 55-65f, 55% humidity, hang the plant upside down on the stalk trim fan leaves as they get crispy buds are done when the branch there hanging from snaps. Then I dry trim. Now buds go into jars and burped as needed.

guymandude

guymandude

you can harvest when the plant is done.

get a small microscope. Cut off a bud leaf and look at the trichomes.

clear is a ridiculous, short lasting racy high.

cloudy is more up, head buss, psychedelic

Amber is heavy.

I usually harvest when the trichs are 50/50 cloudy amber

make sure you give them a good flush. I run plain water only for the last week and a half - 2 weeks. the fans leaves should all be yellow and falling off.

larafam

larafam

I took a bud off to dry it yesterday and this morning I woke up and sniffed it.HAY smell!! Could it be still too early, or when it completely dries will I get that dank smell?Or was it because I havent flushed? It is Sour D from clone I got at a dispensary.I could have done all the right things to it but it all might come down to genetics right? If the mother I got the clone from was producing hay smelling weed, then that's what I got right?That way on my next grow I will buy some seeds to grow some dank just like on the pics on the internet

jackwhite

jackwhite

Added some 3 5000k LED's to get more frost.Plus the more light the better right since that's all I had.
when you leach increase your sugar additive for the 1st week this will increase terpenes and thc. then just do pure water until the leafs are yellow. def test your run off water. once you are below 100ppm you are good to go. the lower the better it will give you a nice smooth smoke

Top Bottom