1st grow

• Thread starter NewWorld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewWorld

NewWorld

Curious, why did you do that in flower?
They hadn't really turned visually, although I'd changed the light cycle. Theres no benefit to doing it in flower. If they're well in to flower they can take time to turn back to veg, so its not ideal. I was just late getting around to it. Taken them earlier this time.

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

They hadn't really turned visually, although I'd changed the light cycle. Theres no benefit to doing it in flower. If they're well in to flower they can take time to turn back to veg, so its not ideal. I was just late getting around to it. Taken them earlier this time.
Was it also an attempt to increase tops, (noticed a previous post)? If so, get around to it in veg... Always... Not only is it more beneficial, but also a LOT less risky. Topping or trimming branches adds quite a bit of stress, which in flower increases your risk for them to go bananas, if you know what I mean...

If you do it in veg you'll actually get more colas than in flower... In flower you're just cutting off a branch that would give more buds, in veg, it has time to make up for that by starting more nodes on the un-topped branches. Every new node is a new bud eventually. First 3ish weeks of flower, they're still making nodes, but since you've topped in veg, all the tops can max out their new node production...

NewWorld

NewWorld

Was it also an attempt to increase tops, (noticed a previous post)? If so, get around to it in veg... Always... Not only is it more beneficial, but also a LOT less risky. Topping or trimming branches adds quite a bit of stress, which in flower increases your risk for them to go bananas, if you know what I mean...

If you do it in veg you'll actually get more colas than in flower... In flower you're just cutting off a branch that would give more buds, in veg, it has time to make up for that by starting more nodes on the un-topped branches. Every new node is a new bud eventually. First 3ish weeks of flower, they're still making nodes, but since you've topped in veg, all the tops can max out their new node production...
Thanks. I took my cuttings from the scraggy bottom branches when I lollipoped. I'd left a few lower ones a few weeks earlier for the reason of taking them for cuttings.

thedubside

thedubside

Sorted my kief from my 1st grow. 2.5oz in total. 32g is the most blonde stuff. Just ordered a heatpress and a resin puck. Going to try and make a hash bar.
could that be smoked in a joint instead of making hash right?

NewWorld

NewWorld

could that be smoked in a joint instead of making hash right?
Yes. I'm not really sure of the benefits in making a hash bar. Seems to be what everyone does. Also going to try and make some shatter

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
That's a bloody impressive result, congratulations man 😁
It really give us other first time growers a bit of hope LOL
I'll be happy with 5 ounces :-)

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

Yes. I'm not really sure of the benefits in making a hash bar. Seems to be what everyone does. Also going to try and make some shatter

Rosin with the press? Best advice is to play around with the heat and humidity, too much moisture and it tastes like crap. If you use butane for shatter, dry it out as much as possible and grind the shit out of it first, contrary to everything I've read, it yielded incredible results, dark has always been better IMO...

NeverMrs

NeverMrs

Thanks. I took my cuttings from the scraggy bottom branches when I lollipoped. I'd left a few lower ones a few weeks earlier for the reason of taking them for cuttings.

Lower branches, okay, that's somewhat better. Good call.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Rosin with the press? Best advice is to play around with the heat and humidity, too much moisture and it tastes like crap. If you use butane for shatter, dry it out as much as possible and grind the shit out of it first, contrary to everything I've read, it yielded incredible results, dark has always been better IMO...
Thanks I'll look in to that. So much to learn

Top Bottom