1st Outdoor Northern California Grow.

• Thread starter mantisclaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mantisclaw

mantisclaw

What's up farmers?
This will be my 1st outdoor grow in Northern California and 1st grow diary.
I got a very late start and didn't get any seeds until late in May.

Ewe 2 from Humboldt Seed Organization (2 seeds fem)

Somango from Soma Seeds (2 seeds fem)

Ata Tundra from Seedsman (2 seeds reg)

Legends Mix from Cannaventure Seeds (7 seeds reg)

I was most excited about the Cannaventure Legends mix considering the genetic mix. Legends Mix contains seeds of Elvis hybrids, Divinity (3 way hybrid of Trinity/Elvis/TrainWreck BX) and Graceland OG (Electric Larry Land OG dom pheno / Elvis hybrid) and Elvis OG (Elvis/Bear OG hybrid).

Out of the 7 seeds of the Legends Mix I had 3 males. 3 weeks into the grow I came down with a nasty sickness and was in and out of the hospital for 3 weeks and the plants got minimal care (tap water), which could be a reason I had such a high amount of males.

1 Somango
1 Ata Tundra
1 Ewe 2

I didn't take any pics until recently so I apologize in advance for the jump ahead.

I'm new to outdoor farming and new to Northern California. I am a Southern California transplant. (Los Angeles)
I made a cheap soil using coco coir, HP Pro Mix, perlite, earthworm castings and Happy Frog and Coco Loco. I added Rainbow Mix Pro Grow and Xtreme Mykos.

I eventually added everything into 1 gallon pots or whatever I could find.
While I was ill everything nearly died but I was able to save it, but barely.
I used General Organics line of nutes and microbemans tea recipe (which is awesome!) and black strap molasses. I didn't get them into the pots they are in now until early July.

Cannaventure Seeds
Legends Mix ( I believe this to be Divinity strain with a Trinity dom) this is super compact and very stocky with tight internodes from top to bottom. Extremely slow in flowering with almost no stretch.

1st outdoor northern california grow

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

I'll finish uploading to others tomorrow. Wife and I just had our 1st daughter 7 days ago and its hectic around here. I apologize if I'm not uploading these correctly. This is my 1st time. Hopefully someone can guide me through. Looking forward to posting the rest my grow and learn as much as possible from all my hero's here!

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

You're doing great!
Thank you! That means a lot considering the trouble I had early on and nearly losing them all. My 8-9 month pregnant wife who killed every plant from bonsai to cactus I ever bought her saved my butt with a garden hose, rainbow mix and a little love.

This is one of the Cannaventure Legends mix. Not sure what the genetics are yet and its hard to find much info on these seeds. My hope is that its the Elvis OG (Elvis X Bear OG), but not sure yet. It has a very weak smell like lemon and Bubba Kush.

IMG 20150830 170652

I tried main lining these early on, but had to abandon it. I was able to train them.

IMG 20150902 121122

This is a Cannaventure Legends Mix that I believe is a Graceland OG (Electric Larry Land X Elvis). This girl reaks of lemon, skunk, pinesol and funk! Not a great yeilder and a little lose, but covered in tricomes.
IMG 20150902 121921

Cannaventure Legends Mix (Graceland OG)
IMG 20150902 122042

This is the Somango. Huge yielding strain with a kush, grapefruit and mango smell. Its just starting to show a great tricome production.
IMG 20150902 123621

Somango (Soma Seeds)
IMG 20150902 123718

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Nice.. Plants Look Great & Happy .some interesting strains as well... @mantisclaw
Grow strong ..Be safe and stay High~!

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Budwormsbugeggs003 1

I stole this pic from google, they say 100 can eat a pound a day. There very small when they hatch(inside the bud =( ) watch for little white moths. These guys will terrorize you if you let them, the larger ones bite too lol.

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

There shit also increases the chance of bud rot, best method to not get fucked by them is to build a green house/ screen house. You can spray the safer catapiller killer but that will only slow them down, they will turn a great looking plant/harvest in to shit (phun intended) lol.

-lurkin

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

Wow! Thank you for the heads up! I'll definitely look out for these little bastards.
This gives me a chance to do some research and spend a little more time outdoors and with my ladies! Thanks again lurkin.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I know a guy that deals with this every year and never listens to me about the screen house, then bitches about catapiller shit in his buds and complains how much he lost because of it.

Being proactive is key.

-lurkin

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

I've just spent the last 30 mins in my garden putting together a plan of action. Not sure I can build a screen/greenhouse is season, but still don't what to feel like I failed to take every precaution possible.
Next year we plan to upgrade to a better area for a larger garden.
Although, I plan on donating most of my crop this year except for the amount I need to make tinctures for myself, I still want the best flowers possible.
Do you think a Dr. Bronners soap spay might help? Even if I have to go out every night and swing a broom at these devils I'm willing to be proactive until I can afford a green house.

Calixylon

Calixylon

When did you find the caterpillars? Maybe you can remove them by hand since the buds are still forming

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What you should do right now is get yourself two products, anything with Bacillus thuringiensis (Safers works well enough, IME) and Spinosad, aka Monterey Garden Spray. Both should be used in the evenings, after pollinators have gone to bed. Right now is the time to begin weekly applications, alternating each product.

Stop applications approximately two weeks prior to planned harvest.

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

What you should do right now is get yourself two products, anything with Bacillus thuringiensis (Safers works well enough, IME) and Spinosad, aka Monterey Garden Spray. Both should be used in the evenings, after pollinators have gone to bed. Right now is the time to begin weekly applications, alternating each product.

Stop applications approximately two weeks prior to planned harvest.
Thank you. I do not have any signs of them yet, but I'm not gonna sit around and wait and risk hurting my crop. I'll probably be starting that tonight...just to be safe.

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

I just went over my plants again and I did find some leaves with holes eaten in them. I seems that whatever is eating them is only focusing on a couple plants. Nothing seems to touch one of my Cannaventure Legend plants ( Divinity OG ). I think if I poured acid on it there would be no negative effects. On my best flowering plants is where the feast is taking place.
Off to the hydro-shop we go...all I need is an excuse!

Latest posts

Top Bottom