1st Outdoor Northern California Grow.

• Thread starter mantisclaw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mantisclaw

mantisclaw

Nice grow mantis claw.wen i saw your list of strains i thought 2things.1-great line up. 2-i ran (or tried to) a few of seedsmans strains as the ata tundra you mentioned.they were all absoloute garbage.the ones that did germinate anyway.with out a shadow of a doubt the worste beans iv ever paid for.
Forgive me as i didnt read every post but i dont see you mention the ata tundra or any pics of it.i was curious to see how the seedsman strain is going for you?not that it matters as you have plenty of other great strains going.
This is my 1st time attempting to cultivate anything from Seedsman. This was a freebie from Cannavon seed bank.
At the moment I can't say too many negitive about the Ata Tundra. She is a large beautiful girl. She is slow in flowering, but I believe she will turn out to be a decent producer. The smell reminds me of a haze and well she kinda looks a bit like it too. I don't have too much experience with hazes and don't really care to grow them out considering the extra time I believe she is going to take up and time just doesn't seem to be on my side. I ended up putting her in the largest pot I had available at the time by mistake. It was meant to go to the Cannaventure Legend mix (Graceland OG) but she lucked out and here we are now. The Graceland OG is turning out to be a keeper without a doubt and the Ata Tundra is turning out to be a beauty as well, but nowhere close to a strain I would keep, clone or mother.
Here are some pics of her....

Ata Tundra about 2
weeks ago...
IMG 20150829 131540

She's in a 10 gallon clay pot (bad idea), but she seems to be loving life. Can't seem to over water or burn from heavy nutes.

From a couple days ago...
IMG 20150911 122310

If all goes well she will continue to bloom and really fill out, but as far as being something to get excited over is far fetched. Not a lot of tricomes and very airy and fluffy.

This is from tonight....
IMG 20150914 234655

As soon as the sun begins to set she drops her leaves. Never seen that before.
I wish all these strains had the qualities of the Graceland OG. Too bad Cannaventure hasn't released this strain out yet. She's a beast! Never seen or smelled a strain like this outdoors (I haven't seen many plants or grown many outdoors), but WOW! SHE HAS EVERYTHING!
IMG 20150912 223757

Another bad choice for pot. That was meant for the Ata Tundra.
Overall, I'm happy with the Ata Tundra. She was free and some people will be able to receive some free medicine once she's done. I can't say I'd ever purchase any genetics from Seedsman, but I respect there work.

Last edited:
H

happy b

This is my 1st time attempting to cultivate anything from Seedsman. This was a freebie from Cannavon seed bank.
At the moment I can say too many negitive about the Ata Tundra. She is a large beautiful girl. She is slow in flowering, but I believe she will turn out to be a decent producer. The smell reminds me of a haze and well she kinda looks a bit like it too. I don't have too much experience with hazes and don't really care to grow them out considering the extra time I believe she is going to take up and time just doesn't seem to be on my side. I ended up putting her in the largest pot I had available at the time by mistake. It was meant to go to the Cannaventure Legend mix (Graceland OG) but she lucked out and here we are now. The Graceland OG is turning out to be a keeper without a doubt and the Ata Tundra is turning out to be a beauty as well, but nowhere close to a strain I would keep, clone or mother.
Here are some pics of her....

Ata Tundra about 2
weeks ago...
View attachment 536187
She's in a 10 gallon clay pot (bad idea), but she seems to be loving life. Can't seem to over water or burn from heavy nutes.

From a couple days ago...
View attachment 536188
If all goes well she will continue to bloom and really fill out, but as far as being something to get excited over is far fetched. Not a lot of tricomes and very airy and fluffy.

This is from tonight....
View attachment 536189
As soon as the sun begins to set she drops her leaves. Never seen that before.
I wish all these strains had the qualities of the Graceland OG. Too bad Cannaventure hasn't released this strain out yet. She's a beast! Never seen or smelled a strain like this outdoors ( seen many plants or grown any outdoors), but WOW! SHE HAS EVERYTHING! View attachment 536193
Another bad choice for pot. That was meant for the Ata Tundra.
Overall, I'm happy with the Ata Tundra. She was free and some people will be able to receive some free medicine once she's done. I can't say I'd ever purchase any genetics from Seedsman, but I respect there work.
The ata tundra looks great.you say its airy and not very resinous?some are winners some..not so much.atleast its decent. i got 4 different strains from seedsman, hash passion,mama thai,nl & something else.the first 2 turned out to be no more than unworked landrace from morroco and thailand and the other 2 strains didnt even germ.ah well you win some you lose some.im just glad yours werent so dissapointing.and respect for giving it to someone in need.i had 3 people i gave weed to regularly,all very close friends but 2 of them died recently.
i,ll pop in occassionally to see how the rest of your grow is progressing.
thanks for sharing your 1st outdoor grow experience mantis claw.
peace.

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

The ata tundra looks great.you say its airy and not very resinous?some are winners some..not so much.atleast its decent. i got 4 different strains from seedsman, hash passion,mama thai,nl & something else.the first 2 turned out to be no more than unworked landrace from morroco and thailand and the other 2 strains didnt even germ.ah well you win some you lose some.im just glad yours werent so dissapointing.and respect for giving it to someone in need.i had 3 people i gave weed to regularly,all very close friends but 2 of them died recently.
i,ll pop in occassionally to see how the rest of your grow is progressing.
thanks for sharing your 1st outdoor grow experience mantis claw.
peace.
Thank you Happy B!!

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

Unfortunately, due to the heat and a few mistakes I made with the feeding and watering durning our 110 degree heatwave I was left with no choice but to harvest the EWE 2 (U2 KUSH) nearly 3 weeks early.
I'm a little bothered especially since up to a week ago I thought she was going to be unbeatable in the bag appeal category, but the Graceland OG really pulled ahead with the heat wave. The smell of Graceland OG by Cannaventure Seeds is stinking up my whole neighborhood. She's a keeper and I wasn't planning on keeping any.
Graceland OG
IMG 20150917 232406
IMG 20150917 232614
IMG 20150917 183522

This was only half the plant. I donated the rest to my local homeless "spangers" in the neighborhood. Hopefully they can allocate it and get themselves some food, hemp jewelry making stuff and some soap. It was really strange that the laziest group of kids in the area felt the kindness in thier little precious hearts to offer to come and do my yards and one offered to teach me to fire dance after I gave them the donation. I turned down the yard work offer and asked the fire dancers for a lesson at the park. They never showed. Hmmmmm!
No one knows I grow except the woman I love and my children. I am totally new up here in Northern California and nobody in our local markets or stores knows where I live. I am a very private person and staybout of others business. I'm not used to all this stealing going on with the youth, but I see them everyday hanging out and thought they might enjoy coming up on some decent cannabis for free.
Here is the mighty Graceland OG!
IMG 20150915 154452
IMG 20150916 074840
IMG 20150916 074857

Started on a hardner today to help with the density problems I believe I have. I refuse to use anything with paclobutrazol and wanted to stay as close to organic as possible, but not so far that I'm memorizing the periodical charts of elements in my free time. My time to shop was very limited and had to make a choice and the hydro shop was out of Earth Juice Master Bloom which was my only intention of going into the shop anyways and I walked away with Mendocino Avalanche. Anyone use this before?
Till next time...I have a strain that's not even really flowering and seems stuck on week 2 and don't know what to do.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's very kind of you to share your harvest. I think that EWE looks pretty good still. And really, everything else is looking pretty good, IMO.

I used to be really caught up in the density/bud hardness thing, and then I realized, or learned, figured out, whatever, that it was to do with the strains I was growing. I grow predominantly Sativa-leaning or dominant strains, they generally don't get those hard nuggies. I learned to let go of it and haven't looked back. When I grow out the heavy Afghanis, I get the dense nuggies I thought I needed. Make sense?

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Looks good brother, try sumin with kelp in it to harden. Hard nugs or not I'm sure you'll enjoy it =)

-lurkin

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

Looks good brother, try sumin with kelp in it to harden. Hard nugs or not I'm sure you'll enjoy it =)

-lurkin
I think you should change your handle/moniker to "The Prophet". You we're right on about the bud worms and totally right on about the thieves. Turns out the same homeless spangers who I literally gave over an oz of my flower to decided that it was not enough and found a way to get my address. Last night after coming home from Home Depot I immediately walked outside to hit my vape pin and there they were about to climb the fence with a ladder. Luckly I was able to chase them off and confronted them this morning.
This really worry's me about the safety of my family.

Today with the Ata Tundra and my wife having fun with our new 40X microscope. Still not even really cloudy yet and zero amber tricomes so I'm not sure what to do.

IMG 20150919 183940
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

It's hard to be a nice guy brother, these guys are that way by choice ya no. Big dogs and fish hooks is all I gotta say, bud worms are a bitch I've dealt with them plenty of times.

-lurkin

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

Tonight I will be spraying one last time for bud worms and no improvement I'm just going to harvest her and focus on the other girls and trimming.

IMG 20150919 205414
I bought my wife her 1st pair of trimming shears today. Special day for us!!
Gonna a have her 1st trimming party with a few good friends and the Joe Rogan Experience pod cast.

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

So they are back at it tonight but this time its coming from the back wall of my back yard. My house is backed up against a freeway off ramp and major intersection. There is my normal good neighbor wooden fence and about 3 ft beyond that is a 12 ft high cinder block noise reduction wall and on other side of that is a on again off again homeless camp. I am well prepared this time, but still not happy about all these idiots acting like this. Eitherway I am almost done and ready to move back indoors.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Mother fuckers, I used to hang trouble hooks around the plants and fence area. Nothing like getting a face full of hooks to change ur mind, atleast it would be easy to ID the the perp lol.

I'm sorry your going thru this man, you gotta remember they have nothing better to do than try to find the next person to rip off.

-lurkin

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I love these. http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/624/11971
12_ga_alarm_ezr2.jpg

Outfitted with this trip wire.
trip_wire.jpg

I cut down my own 12 gauge shells. Pm me if you need advice. These are worth their weight in gold. Fun to play tricks on people also.

Disclaimer - You can hurt people even with blank shells with no buck shot. Keep at least three ft from body parts. I just set off a couple in my room for testing purposes, and I had one under 6" from a nug. No damage to the nug, so I imagine these are pretty darn safe.

Edit: Amplify the sound by putting a bean can around the 12g shell. Point can at house for directional sound.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

In the past, I also put razor blades on the stems of my plants. Or attached them to the tomato cages which were my inner most support. When they reach for the stock, they get a sliced up hand.

Fish hooks on fishing line.

Tin cans with rocks and a string.

Razor blades on the top of your fence, or broken glass glued down. I watched on video as this was very effective for me in the past. Or carpet tack strip, that is what I used.

Look into simply safe. This is for your family, and your house. Super cheap, super effective. Even has a panic button. Also has advanced features such as silent alarms for doors and windows. I may or may not have these wired to every greenhouse door on my property, and garden gates.

Camera system. Even if you can't find a working system, put up a dummy camera with a glowing red light and point it at the fence. Then put up a sign in the ally that says something along the lines of, this property is under surveillance. Trespassers will be prosecuted.

Get a dog.

Camp out.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Harbor freight driveway alarms are cheap and great but you need to be home to hear them,its like a doorbell that goes off in your house when they trip the motion sensor.
http://www.harborfreight.com/wireless-driveway-alert-system-93068.html
They will be back if they think you have something they want.It sucks your generosity and trust was violated but your breaking a cardinal rule of pot growing by showing your hand,they probably sold the weed you gave them and bought meth not soap or a warm meal.

Last edited:
mantisclaw

mantisclaw

I love these. http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/624/11971
12_ga_alarm_ezr2.jpg

Outfitted with this trip wire.
trip_wire.jpg

I cut down my own 12 gauge shells. Pm me if you need advice. These are worth their weight in gold. Fun to play tricks on people also.

Disclaimer - You can hurt people even with blank shells with no buck shot. Keep at least three ft from body parts. I just set off a couple in my room for testing purposes, and I had one under 6" from a nug. No damage to the nug, so I imagine these are pretty darn safe.

Edit: Amplify the sound by putting a bean can around the 12g shell. Point can at house for directional sound.
This is very interesting and it might also keep my wife from taking all my socks...and be funny as hell too!
Me and a couple close friends have been brian storming some ways to keep these assholes in fear and away from my property. I hate to have to call the police on the homeless people living behind my house, especially since my wife and I have donated them some old tents, lanterns and food as long as they kept the noise down while my 11 yrs old son was here for the summer. Unfortunately the few who started out camping there have since lost control of it and now its just full of meth addicts and junkies.
So another night of very little sleep. Not a lot of sleep because of the worry it brings. Every sound had me on edge, but no serious threat of thieves. I've pretty much decided to start the flushing process on all the remaining girls.
Its very bitter sweet and still looking forward to donating and enjoying it in every way I can...except dabbing ick!!

mantisclaw

mantisclaw

Don't forget the 16p nails in plywood on the ground next to the fence lol
I am actually considering it for next year. I could care less about the feet of the person who is trying to steal from my family.

Top Bottom