1st time grower, my setup so far.

• Thread starter flipsticle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

flipsticle

I live in a fairly dry, fair weather climate. The tent indoors will be 60-70. So the need to vent might not be to high. If anything I need to bring up the heat just a tiny bit, if 80-82 is the ideal range. I haven't taken the temps inside.... bad I know.

I saw some digital thermostat, Oscillating, ceramic space heaters on ebay. If my temps are low, that could help regulate temps close to that.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Test run the tent completely closed with light on for about 1-2 hours bet you won't even need the heater as long as you run the co2 on the times as stated you should be fine but to be honest I'd just open the flaps at lights on and get the natural co2, I was told that co2 is for more commercial grows like a warehouse where the plants will eat up all the co2 in the air and propping the door open isn't going to cut it they use co2 as an additive for the lack of it in the air you could probably get by with a boost bucket on a timer and point the nozzle up at the plant
What nutes are you going to use?

F

flipsticle

The problem I see with Yeast Co2 is the uncontrolled output. I am sure it varies over time, and any measurements I make won't cover all the variables, leaks, etc. I am going Co2 based on the theory that plants can take in 2-3 times the ambient Co2 levels. I believe the aero systems speed up plants metabolism with the super root growth, and Co2 level becomes the next limited factor.

I'll post temps soon.

Food:
DNF Gro A two part formula (seedling and cuttings or veg)
DNF Gro B two part formula (seedlings and cuttings or veg)
DNF Bloom A two part formula (fruiting and flowering plants)
DNF Bloom B two part formula (fruiting and flowering plants)

Chems:
pH Down 30% h3po4
Safer: Insect Killing Soap
Grotek Monster Bloom

Vitamin
Western States Vitamin B-1

I know I will also need to get an enzyme that eats up the dead roots if I go aero.

LEDhead

LEDhead

I like the Hammerhead/MOAB boost 7-8 week too :) check into that if you want a fatting agent :harvest:

F

flipsticle

I spent some time looking at Co2 systems this week. I'm going with 50lb tank. For controllers it's Sentinel vs CAP.

Sentinel CHHC-4 is in the lead. I like the fact that it comes with a remote probe, and cost a lot less. I have only read good things about this unit reliablity and the company.

CAP xtreme greenhouse XGC-1E looks nice too. It includes a cycle timer for the pumps, and a high end light timer. The Probe cost an extra 300.00 and it's not as portable. The Unit must be inside the tent to take temp and humidity which I don't like. And I seen more complaints about it breaking down.

The Nova (IGS-220) doesn't have a lot of info out on it. Looks to be on par with the Sentinel but without the exterior probe and must operate inside the tent. Not many reviews on this either. Comes with a dialer alarm feature, but owning a house line is so 1990's.

F

flipsticle

good, I'm waiting until october 9th, (Big pay day) to finish.

The one mystery plant I do have chilling under my LED in 24 hour veg is smelling so good. It's begging to be put into flower. But there is no point if I'm going to be starting a fresh batch of clones in a week or two.

Outside the room it smells exactly like blueberry pancakes.

F

freeweezy

did u use the led to start the plants and everything? how high did u use the light at that point?

F

flipsticle

the plants were two months old and not grown with LEDs before I got them. I gave the plant to a friend on friday because he built me a chicken coop. And I'm going to buy all my new gear this week and start fresh.

My question today is about CO2 regulators. Is there any cons to getting duel tank regulators? I'm lazy and if two tanks last twice as long, and if it can still run as a single that's a good thing. If I need to have equal size tanks, and equal pressure, both connected to work, that's a bummer.

F

flipsticle

BIG NEWS!

I just placed my order for the rest of my room from Igrowhydro. They price matched the CHHC-4 and gave me free shipping. I'm sure they love big orders like this.

Bontaicare 4x4 Aerojet tray w/ 16 holes
commercial air pump 3.9PSI
single XL micropore deffuser (like an air stone)
Sentinel DRT-1 Digital timer for pumps
Sentinel CHHC-4 for CO2-temp-humidity control/monitor
C.A.P. REG-2 Duel tank regulator
HANNA PH/EC/TDS/TEMP meter

Things left to get:
Carbon filter + CO2 Tanks + dehumidifier

EXPECT GOOD THINGS...........

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

BIG NEWS!

I just placed my order for the rest of my room from Igrowhydro. They price matched the CHHC-4 and gave me free shipping. I'm sure they love big orders like this.

Bontaicare 4x4 Aerojet tray w/ 16 holes
commercial air pump 3.9PSI
single XL micropore deffuser (like an air stone)
Sentinel DRT-1 Digital timer for pumps
Sentinel CHHC-4 for CO2-temp-humidity control/monitor
C.A.P. REG-2 Duel tank regulator
HANNA PH/EC/TDS/TEMP meter

Things left to get:
Carbon filter + CO2 Tanks + dehumidifier

EXPECT GOOD THINGS...........

Nice, that is a bunch of new gear incoming, ur gonna be busy. :)

T

testez

lol, a plant is a plant bro, you will fuck it up at least more then once. Even ro's fuck it up sometime. Best thing is to post here and not be shy. It's important to learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat em. :) We will help out allot also so don't be shy.

F

flipsticle

lol, a plant is a plant bro, you will fuck it up at least more then once. Even ro's fuck it up sometime. Best thing is to post here and not be shy. It's important to learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat em. :) We will help out allot also so don't be shy.

Thanks, I'm counting on this. :)

F

flipsticle

Anyone know about Aeroponic nutes? Will my original nutes be good? Also what should I add?

Eagerly waiting my order........
things still to get: dehumidifier, Carbon filter, 2x Co2 tanks, 2x Air duct dampers that close when air isn't being blown threw the vent system, circulation fans.

F

flipsticle

What nutes are you going to be using? Veg and bloom

Food: DNF Gro A two part formula (seedling and cuttings or veg)
Chems: pH Down 30% h3po4
Grotek Monster Bloom

LEDhead

LEDhead

Food: DNF Gro A two part formula (seedling and cuttings or veg)
Chems: pH Down 30% h3po4
Grotek Monster Bloom

Get some Great White too :) not a nute but beneficials for the roots

T

testez

If you want to add a bit of extra weight, consider adding carbohydrates (synthetic) of some kind, however this might not jive with my next suggestion.. Also consider looking into h2o2.

F

flipsticle

Great White sounds good, would I use H2O2 with that?. I gotta admit I know nothing about synthetic carbohydrates and it's the first I heard of it.

Top Bottom