1st time grower, my setup so far.

• Thread starter flipsticle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

And for the swell try hammerhead/Moab or just overdrive I've done the HH/M but I'm doing the overdrive now so results are TBD

T

testez

Great White sounds good, would I use H2O2 with that?. I gotta admit I know nothing about synthetic carbohydrates and it's the first I heard of it.

Take a look here I explain in depth what carbohydrates are. :)

As for great white I have no idea what that product is. General rule of using h202 is anything organic nutrient will be killed instantly. Thus synthetic everything is the rule of thumb. I haven't aero'ed in years though so can't be to specific on this subject. Carboload (though i hate an, is currently what I use but you can find stuff from any major nutrient producer.) is a fairly good synthetic carbohydrate sub. I need someone to double check on this though cause it might cause your jet's/sprayers to get clogged. Seek more info on this for sure with your system.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Mad farmer makes a good h2o2 and I use blackstrap molasses when I flush for the first week but I use coco/perlite

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

I have a basic 4-stage RO that gets the water down around 40ppm - they're like $250 on amazon. Just remember to get some Cal/Mag type nutes to make up for what the RO takes out.
What are you showing for temps and RH at this point? It sounds like you and I are in similar climates and I'd love to know what's working for you. Oh yeah, and where's your pix?! ; D

F

flipsticle

I have a basic 4-stage RO that gets the water down around 40ppm - they're like $250 on amazon. Just remember to get some Cal/Mag type nutes to make up for what the RO takes out.
What are you showing for temps and RH at this point? It sounds like you and I are in similar climates and I'd love to know what's working for you. Oh yeah, and where's your pix?! ; D

The gear is still in the mail, so no pics till it gets here, just the video I posted somewhere on the second page.

I never ever grown anything before and going to rely a lot on help from friends and people here. I have some free nutes from a friend. Organic DNF part A and B veg and bloom and I'm buying Great White Root additives. Is that good enough for cal/mag?

F

flipsticle

ACTIVATED CARBON FILTERS

Should I get the

Can 33 charcoal filter?

or the Can 9000 (more zeros is always better right?)

T

TheVenusflytrap

if ur gonna be vegging u wanna keep ur humidity levels higher then when ur flowering i wouldnt use a dehumidfier till i flipped them back . also in the long run hydro can be cheaper than dirt man if u do a dwc its pretty much a bucket which ur gonna buy anyway to put the soil in and a fish tank pump pretty much. good quality soil adds up quick water is free also think about co2 in those tents crazy results in a closed controlled area like that good luck over grow it

ShutUpDonny

ShutUpDonny

If you're going with an RO definitely get some kind of Cal/Mag supplement on top of the regular nutrients. Much of what RO filters out is the nasty shit, but lots of macromolecules get screened out along with them. I'm doing an organic soil grow so a lot of what my plants need exists in the soil, and my fertilizers tend to provide a broader (but imprecise) range of nutrients. This means I have a built-in buffer against making mistakes. With hydro/aero you will have very specific control over what your plants get to eat, and that's awesome. But if your equation is missing a piece or two then there is no hiding it.
I don't want to come across as preachy or like I doubt your skills, because I don't know shit especially regarding aero, but I'm going to send you a link to a quick'n'dirty info source I came across. Keep an eye out for my PM. <- Sent just now.

Also, I believe (but am not 100% certain) that Great White is basically for soil only. I think it is a mix of spores for fungi which act as a go between for your roots and nutrients, but I think the buggers need soil to live in. Check on it, though...

F

flipsticle

Also, I believe (but am not 100% certain) that Great White is basically for soil only. I think it is a mix of spores for fungi which act as a go between for your roots and nutrients, but I think the buggers need soil to live in. Check on it, though...

From what I read it lives in the reservoir and I was thinking of getting some Hydrozyme too.

Today I'm adding to my order:
-2x air duct back draft dampers (not the electric kind) (to keep smell and co2 better contained)
-CAN 33 Activated Carbon filter with 4inch Flange
-Speedster Fan speed controller
-$50.00 worth of solutions for my PH/EC/TDS/TEMP meter to keep it calibrated
-Grow More PH UP (my friend gave me a bottle of the PH DOWN from the same company)
- CAL/MAG PLUS from botanicare
-Hydrozyme
-Great White

I still need a tank circulation pump, CO2 Tanks, dehumidifier and a RO filter and I think I'll be finished at last.

HOLY SHIT! I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW EXPENSIVE THIS START UP COST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to be over my initial budget by 25%

F

flipsticle

money is getting low, I might have to put the CO2 on hold for 2-3 weeks.

F

flipsticle

Latest update: It's been a while.

Igrowhydro.com needed to order the Aerojet 4x4 from Botanicare to them before they send it to me. They say it will be ready early next week. For the lowest price I can be patient. Hopefully they want to quality check it before they send it.

There was a false alarm. my order got temporarily cancelled. Botanicare has just started making a new tray with their logo some how part of it. The new trays didn't line up well with the old lids. I got a call back an hour later saying they have the old trays that go with the aerojet lids, so problem fixed.

Good news: I'll be able to add the Co2 controller back onto my order.

F

flipsticle

LATEST UPDATE:

Room is about 80% finished.

I got my order from igrowhydro finally. Everything came except the 6 inch back draft dampers for the ventilation system. They said they will be sending those out this week. I was very happy with the price I got, so no complaints.

This sucked a little bit, because I don't want to install the Aerojet 4x4 tray, until the vent system is completed. It would be hard to install the top damper when I do get it. I can wait though because I'm still waiting on ebay, and amazon for my RO water filter, powerhead (water circulation), and sentinel chhc-4.

Botanicare included two free bottles of plant food with the aerojet.

The sentinel is dirt cheap on ebay right now. New in box, I got mine for $430.00!! These usually go for $550-$600.

I still need, a dehumidifier, air tubing, and co2 tanks. I might wait till after the holidays before I buy the Co2. I can't afford two tanks right now.

The CAP duel tank co2 regulator looks great. Anyone know, can this work with just one tank? Do I need to cap the other input if I do? Also will this automatically level the gas in the two tanks?

I'll SEND PICS SOON!

LEDhead

LEDhead

Is this your first grow? Seems like a lot of preparation and $$$ hope you get yours out of it I was the same way till my first grow crapped on me 3 weeks in flower I'm on the KISS system and it's got me through a couple grows now but I'm looking for tastier buds now and I'm back at it so let us know how it works out :) I'd love to see pics of the garden area too once you get started you'll learn lots more :)

F

flipsticle

PLEASE HELP!

I'm all setup but my pump is acting funky. It worked when I tested it yesterday, so I bought some plants today and came home to find the pump not working.

This is a brand new mag pump. All I did was add some plant food, and I left to get plants and it somehow lost it's will to work.

Just a little amount of water will bubble out of it. If I pull the pump out of the water for one second and place it back in, then it works at full force (550gph). Like it needs a sip of air to get the motor spinning. When it's on a timer, it can't restart itself without lifting it out of the water and placing it down again.

It's too late to call botanicare about this tonight, but if there is anything simple I can do, please help.

Top Bottom