1st time grower needs help.

• Thread starter BushmanFyah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BushmanFyah

Hey guys, I'm just starting my journey with growing this wonderful herb and I've noticed that my plants turned their colour a little bit and I'm not sure if I gave them too much water or something?

Also it seems like my plant stopped growing as fast as it was before or is that normal? I've brought the auto flowering seeds for a start.

I've got a clip on fan and also a duct fan as well, with the ducting fan should the air be blowing out of the ducting or inside the ducting? It's connected to a carbon filter.

Cheers!

1st time grower needs help
B

BushmanFyah

Any ideas? Shall I wait approx 2 days till watering again to give them time to regenerate? Or does this look fine to you guys?

Also I'm using 600W LED lights and Coco Coir.. 6" clip on fan and 4" Inline fan. Is that enough or do I need anything else to go with it?

Cheers :)

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Autoflowers in my opinion are harder to grow than a photoperiod they can be tricky and they do not run like photoperiod plants, a good autoflower will pop then stop it will then grow slowly while it's roots develops, at about 3 weeks your auto should hit a growth spurt growing a set of leaves per day, this should last about 10 days or so give or take, by day 30 you should see some flower, after it's growth spurt your auto will slow considerably continuing to flower till it tops off usually between day 40 and 50 strain dependent, at this point I stop feeding veg nutrients and switch to bloom nutrients put auto under bloom booster and they finish around day 70 give or take, do not add bloom nutrients until your plant is ready once you do you can't go back, you need to wait till it finishes veg and tops off, go really easy on nutrients autoflowers are notoriously easy to burn, I have been growing autos for about 8 years when they run right things go well but something allways comes up youl see, good luck

B

BushmanFyah

Thanks for your reply bredda! I'm starting with auto's as I've heard it's easier to grow for first timers after getting some more experience I'm planning to try other seeds too and try other methods.. All will come in time, so far I've really enjoyed farming and looking after the plants! Quite a lot of satisfaction :D

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
So far so good, although they are too small to make any assumptions about them. Once plants pop up, they grow a few early seed leaves. This set of leaves provided the initial energy for growing the roots and stuff below the ground. So, they pop up, grow some energy collectors, grow roots to provide the nutrients, and once the roots are grown... everything starts growing again. Keep in mind how tiny the new leaves are, especially compared to just 1 large fan leaf, and you can see how miniscule the amount of energy that initial leaves provide. Once everything is in place, it can grow rapidly. Almost all strains stall shortly after hatching, patience will reward you later down the line!

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Thanks for your reply bredda! I'm starting with auto's as I've heard it's easier to grow for first timers after getting some more experience I'm planning to try other seeds too and try other methods.. All will come in time, so far I've really enjoyed farming and looking after the plants! Quite a lot of satisfaction :D
I am kinda newby grower but learned a lot from these folks.my first problem was ph of everything , water nutrients and such .i don’t do autos yet, but have some I will start when my photos get finished flowering .i have had heat issues with my 2x4x5 tent with all the set up with exhaust and fans but they seem tolerant to temps up to 84 degrees f, just have to water more.i always stick my finger in to see if they are dry or still moist..I have the 300w led dimmables. X2 and I am happy with mine so far.
Hope that helped ,
Happy growing

CannabisJack

CannabisJack

Hey guys, I'm just starting my journey with growing this wonderful herb and I've noticed that my plants turned their colour a little bit and I'm not sure if I gave them too much water or something?

Also it seems like my plant stopped growing as fast as it was before or is that normal? I've brought the auto flowering seeds for a start.

I've got a clip on fan and also a duct fan as well, with the ducting fan should the air be blowing out of the ducting or inside the ducting? It's connected to a carbon filter.

Cheers!
Question, how big are your pots and have you been watering them till you see run off?

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Question, how big are your pots and have you been watering them till you see run off?
Pots 12gal no I don’t do run off all the time,I do maybe once a week then other two days I do nutriants and just make sure they look good and do the finger test on other water day...and if I see any wilt at all I will give them extra...slowing down. Nutrients because of flowering , give a little big bloom and tiger bloom every 4 to 6 weeks, but I have fox farm and coco mix soil so good aeration with that and added perlite .mine have done well after ph solved. That was about the first seed to. Veg 3 weeks in .i have two indices and a sativa.
Happy growing

B

BushmanFyah

My pots are 5L pots I always wait till the soil is dry to water them again, I've noticed that few other leafs are showing on one of them now so I think it's going well!

When they get a bit bigger I'll give you guys an update.

Also added another seed in there G13 it's slowly coming out of the soil now.

Sorry for the shit quality photos but my phones quite old..

Bless to each and everyone 👊🏼

IMG 3699
IMG 3709
IMG 3711
IMG 3713
B

BushmanFyah

Also in such an early stage of growing it's been about two weeks do I use any canna boosters or anything else? For faster and better growth? I don't really want to use too much of chemicals as I want to keep it as natural as I can if you get me.

Should I invest in some boosters or not? If so please give me some names and when to use them.

Bless

B

BushmanFyah

I found a lot of fertilizers but don't know which one to pick?
Shall I go for this one? Ebay Fertilizer ?? or maybe this one?? Ebay Grow Big??
And is that the only thing I need throughout the whole process?

Sorry for the spam but I'm getting a lil confused by reading some of the websites as some say different than others!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Also in such an early stage of growing it's been about two weeks do I use any canna boosters or anything else? For faster and better growth? I don't really want to use too much of chemicals as I want to keep it as natural as I can if you get me.

Should I invest in some boosters or not? If so please give me some names and when to use them.

Bless

I use Jacks 10-30-20 Blossom Booster as a finisher, but for most of their growth cycle my plants receive 20-20-20 Schulz All Purpose and Cal/Mag

20190618 155132

$46 for all three and they'll not only last me for years but I use the 5 lbs of bulk all purpose to grow my outdoor vegetable garden as well as bud!

But where you're just starting out consider Jack's 3-2-1 for both quality of product and ease of use, good luck!

Screenshot 20190618 160407 Chrome

B

BushmanFyah

I use Jacks 10-30-20 Blossom Booster as a finisher, but for most of their growth cycle my plants receive 20-20-20 Schulz All Purpose and Cal/Mag

View attachment 876161

$46 for all three and they'll not only last me for years but I use the 5 lbs of bulk all purpose to grow my outdoor vegetable garden as well as bud!

But where you're just starting out consider Jack's 3-2-1 for both quality of product and ease of use, good luck!

View attachment 876165

Thanks man but I need some links for U.K. eBay as postage will kill me 😂 Would u be able to help?

O

Okiegrows

Royal gold coco tupur . Roots organics soul line . Some mammoth p.. If your a first time grower . Give that combo a try . Here’s some kosher tangie . About to go into flush . I’m a soil guy and use some of roots organics . Dry amendments in my main room plus other stuff . Over a years time I got the soul line from dif trade shows . Shit y’all know how it is . Walk out with bags of free shit .. I’d say that if I was to grow hydro I’d use the roots organic soul line . I’m no newby so I can read the plants pretty well . So I followed the soul line feed chart and it didn’t burn or stress em at all . Either way keep em healthy y’all ....
E92AD1A4 9B93 4122 A64B BFD3FDF63DBC
EAB5697E F4A3 4E4C BAB8 8BB6286052D9

B

BushmanFyah

Royal gold coco tupur . Roots organics soul line . Some mammoth p.. If your a first time grower . Give that combo a try . Here’s some kosher tangie . About to go into flush . I’m a soil guy and use some of roots organics . Dry amendments in my main room plus other stuff . Over a years time I got the soul line from dif trade shows . Shit y’all know how it is . Walk out with bags of free shit .. I’d say that if I was to grow hydro I’d use the roots organic soul line . I’m no newby so I can read the plants pretty well . So I followed the soul line feed chart and it didn’t burn or stress em at all . Either way keep em healthy y’all ....View attachment 876199View attachment 876200
That looks fireee 🔥 I've just ordered everything I needed that was missing so now just gonna let my soil dry up a bit and then when I'll be watering them I'll add some fertiliser and hopefully it'll help the plant up a bit but they're still young and they're slowly getting there I reckon few more days and they'll shoot like crazy, let's wait and see 🤞🤞

Top Bottom