1st Time Grower - RDWC - Kosher Kush

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I love me some coffee ☕. Love me some Durban Poison too!

My favorite way to make a cup of coffee is a simple pour-over with a Hario V60 or something similar, especially with freshly roasted beans from a quality hand grinder so you don't get a lot of fines. I feel like that gives me the most control over everything so I can make my own perfect cup.

That said, it's a total pain in the ass and takes too much time. It was a fun morning ritual for a couple of months but then my wife asked me to make her a cup too, and that turned into 4-6 cups daily between us, and that made me a fucking barrista... so yeah, we're back to drip.

I still get fresh beans from local roasters though; that's the one holdover from my coffee-as-a-hobby days.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I love me some coffee ☕. Love me some Durban Poison too!

My favorite way to make a cup of coffee is a simple pour-over with a Hario V60 or something similar, especially with freshly roasted beans from a quality hand grinder so you don't get a lot of fines. I feel like that gives me the most control over everything so I can make my own perfect cup.

That said, it's a total pain in the ass and takes too much time. It was a fun morning ritual for a couple of months but then my wife asked me to make her a cup too, and that turned into 4-6 cups daily between us, and that made me a fucking barrista... so yeah, we're back to drip.

I still get fresh beans from local roasters though; that's the one holdover from my coffee-as-a-hobby days.

I may have to try something like Hario one day. I have a decent grinder with a hopper that allows me to choose how coarse it is but I'm sure there is much better out there.

Here is bud shot from a few minutes ago
1024B

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Those colas are looking thick my man, and purdy too. Why haven't you fried all of the leaf tips by now like I did? One of us must be doing it wrong... 🤔

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Either one of you tried cbd for your older dogs? Ive got an older girl that Id like to try some on but nit sure where to start or what to buy?

Maybe she doesnt even need it who knows.

As always plants are looking amazing FOUR. Just hold tight, im suprised you dont have a usb microscope to give us some trich shots hahah

FourPlants

FourPlants

Either one of you tried cbd for your older dogs? Ive got an older girl that Id like to try some on but nit sure where to start or what to buy?

Maybe she doesnt even need it who knows.

As always plants are looking amazing FOUR. Just hold tight, im suprised you dont have a usb microscope to give us some trich shots hahah

I picked up a bottle of CBD joint supplement for him once and gave it for about a week. I stopped just not knowing enough about the producer of it and the quality of not only the CBD but any other ingredients. Pet food industry is bad enough I can only wonder about the pet supplement one.

I have meant to order to order a microscope and keep forgetting.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Day 55 of 12/12

I should change out my res today, the girls have been drinking so much water. Fade is happening fast these days and getting so pretty. I should probably start getting in habit of checking trichs with the loop regularly.

1025B

FourPlants

FourPlants

I'm in love with Mary Jane
She's my main thing
She makes me feel alright
She makes my heart sing

FourPlants

FourPlants

This may be the band I have seen the most live and never once I have purchased a ticket lol

Just seemed every time they came around somebody was giving me free tickets.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Very nice journal man, as usual the bar is pretty high here.
Thanks for posting that diy link earlier on. I had a compressed timeline and some cash burning a hole in my pocket so bought my system off the shelf. Same w the nutes, just wanted to get a baseline grow out.
Good luck w the harvest and keep on rockin. KK

FourPlants

FourPlants

Very nice journal man, as usual the bar is pretty high here.
Thanks for posting that diy link earlier on. I had a compressed timeline and some cash burning a hole in my pocket so bought my system off the shelf. Same w the nutes, just wanted to get a baseline grow out.
Good luck w the harvest and keep on rockin. KK
Thank you for the kind words and checking on my journal brother. I am getting better with posting regular photos but I could do a better job of documenting my environment and feed, on the next journal I want to work on that. I plan to rebuild my RDWC and make some modifications. I went off the shelf with the Gringo Rasta line which was a fox farm line but more affordable, however they discontinued it shortly after their rep talked me to into it. I believe it has been replaced with the cultivation nation line. I want to end up just mixing salts but I need to decide what to do for my next grow. Thought about running the balling on a budget recipe that uses jacks as well.

You have a grow journal? I will go check it out if you do.

KingKobi

KingKobi

Thank you for the kind words and checking on my journal brother. I am getting better with posting regular photos but I could do a better job of documenting my environment and feed, on the next journal I want to work on that. I plan to rebuild my RDWC and make some modifications. I went off the shelf with the Gringo Rasta line which was a fox farm line but more affordable, however they discontinued it shortly after their rep talked me to into it. I believe it has been replaced with the cultivation nation line. I want to end up just mixing salts but I need to decide what to do for my next grow. Thought about running the balling on a budget recipe that uses jacks as well.

You have a grow journal? I will go check it out if you do.
I am under Props and Crops in Introductions, bit of footy waffle w my Aussie mad grow mates there too. Prolly should get it moved to Grow Diaries here @Aquaman if you can pls🙏 Like most I have set it up as a bit of a reference point for my future self to look back on and welcome the amazing input available here. I am measuring one thing only this grow, nutes from CC. I will get a few more of the measuring toys as I up my knowledge and move into my first photo grow early in the new year.
I am a keen outdoor organic gardener but don’t quite have the time to build a living indoor soil w the knowledge around deficiencies, additions, amendments etc that goes w it. This first grow is the remainder of last year’s WW Autos, got 8 oz off one girl outdoors last year but she had a good life in a pretty spot on location sun and soil wise. This first indoor grow is a bit of a hands off type grow while the system beds down and i get a feel for things.
Cheers man.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I am under Props and Crops in Introductions, bit of footy waffle w my Aussie mad grow mates there too. Prolly should get it moved to Grow Diaries here @Aquaman if you can pls🙏 Like most I have set it up as a bit of a reference point for my future self to look back on and welcome the amazing input available here. I am measuring one thing only this grow, nutes from CC. I will get a few more of the measuring toys as I up my knowledge and move into my first photo grow early in the new year.
I am a keen outdoor organic gardener but don’t quite have the time to build a living indoor soil w the knowledge around deficiencies, additions, amendments etc that goes w it. This first grow is the remainder of last year’s WW Autos, got 8 oz off one girl outdoors last year but she had a good life in a pretty spot on location sun and soil wise. This first indoor grow is a bit of a hands off type grow while the system beds down and i get a feel for things.
Cheers man.

I would love to grow outdoors but I get a good bit of foot traffic near my house and would hate to invite rippers to my house or worse even tip off thieves who suspect I have indoor grow equipment. This spring though I hope to help a few people set up some outdoor and start working on that. I have a buddy who has been talking about trying an auto outdoors. I was thinking of doing some living soil for him just so I can learn.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Noticed what may have been the tiniest spot of WPM yesterday afternoon but wiped it off checking it out and didn't find anymore. I checked this morning and didn't find any either.
I have 35% H202 I can make a foliar spray with if I need. Thinking I may want to do a bud wash (makes me a little nervous honestly). I imagine it would make me harvest plants a little different since I had planned on hanging them whole. Here is a shot of the trichomes this morning.

Do you think these look ripe enough where I won't be too upset if I end up harvesting early instead of fighting WPM? Not at that point yet by any means.

Top of a cola
1026A

middle of a cola
1026B

Last edited:
FourPlants

FourPlants

Day 56 of 12/12

According to breeder today would be the first day of the harvest window. I am not ready to harvest yet but that time is approaching. Ordered a few half pound grove bags and some oz grove bags as well. I think perhaps I was really stoned yesterday (what's new hehe) and perhaps what I saw wasn't WPM since I have yet to find anymore. That being said vigilance is high. I tossed another fan in and turned up the exhaust fan yesterday when I thought I saw it. Ready to spray H202 if I need be. Still debating on a bud wash at harvest. I plan to dry hanging in the tent this first time, sweating in paper bags, and then going into groves. Would love feedback and suggestions here as I want all my effort to be captured correctly.

1026C

Last edited:
Top Bottom