1st Time Grower - RDWC - Kosher Kush

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just to be clear, that isn't the one that got sunburned. That one is healing up and starting to put on some size. The seedling that is a week behind is looking good as well. Hopefully will be ready to kick the training wheels off soon.
Your on the ball now brother 👍

FourPlants

FourPlants

Dodge Swinger 1973, Galaxy 500,
All the way stars' green, gotta go.
Dodge Swinger 1973, top down, chassis low,
Panel dim, light drive, Jesus on the dashboard.
T-minus whenever it feels right, Galaxy 500.
Planets align, a king is born.

Still have the lights at 3 foot above and on lowest setting. Guessing I should top the two bigger girls soon.

0726A

FourPlants

FourPlants

Little off schedule from my weekly update but I topped the first of the ladies tonight. Cut above the fifth node on this one and gonna give the next one a day or two and cut above the sixth node just to see difference.

Topped

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Hey mate beautiful setup . how often do you water ?? or do they constantly drip feed ?

FourPlants

FourPlants

Hey mate beautiful setup . how often do you water ?? or do they constantly drip feed ?
It is a recirculating deep water culture setup so they live in my water/nutrient solution. The solution gravity feeds from my res through the four different plant sites and then hits my pump at the lowest point in the system and then gets pumped back into the top of the res. I have air stones in each site and the res providing additional oxygen.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

It is a recirculating deep water culture setup so they live in my water/nutrient solution. The solution gravity feeds from my res through the four different plant sites and then hits my pump at the lowest point in the system and then gets pumped back into the top of the res. I have air stones in each site and the res providing additional oxygen.
so they constantly are being watered ?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yeah, they just drink as much as they can handle.
yeah i see . do they have like a halo or a drip feed thing on top of the hydroton balls ? or they just drink from the bottom ? sorry im new to this and was interested in doing the RDWC for my next grow

FourPlants

FourPlants

was looking at this , its quite expensive though

Yeah, they are... which is why I built my own. Cut the cost in at least half of that. I looked at a quite a few peoples designs. An older thread on here had a guy who did great multi-vid series of how he built his that inspired most of how I built mine. I can dig it up for you if you are interested.

This is my first version... This one may get modified or even redesigned in the future. The biggest cost are your pumps which cost me about $110 USD for both my air and water pumps. I could do it for cheaper but that isn't my goal. I wanted reliability in the system.

Also they just drink from the bottom once the roots drop below the hydroton. Prior to that just top feed a cup a day and the bubbles from the airstones will splash some up there in between the top feed.

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Yeah, they are... which is why I built my own. Cut the cost in at least half of that. I looked at a quite a few peoples designs. An older thread on here had a guy who did great multi-vid series of how he built his that inspired most of how I built mine. I can dig it up for you if you are interested.

This is my first version... This one may get modified or even redesigned in the future. The biggest cost are your pumps which cost me about $110 USD for both my air and water pumps. I could do it for cheaper but that isn't my goal. I wanted reliability in the system.

Also they just drink from the bottom once the roots drop below the hydroton. Prior to that just top feed a cup a day and the bubbles from the airstones will splash some up there in between the top feed.
perfect , appreciate your help . yeah if you could find the thread when you get time and show me.

FourPlants

FourPlants

perfect , appreciate your help . yeah if you could find the thread when you get time and show me.

FourPlants

FourPlants

woke up this mornin' with the sundown shinin' in
I found my mind in a brown paper bag within
I tripped on a cloud and fell-a eight miles high
I tore my mind on a jagged sky
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

Putting on some size. Will need some defoliation before long
Bucket lids are 11 inches across for size reference.

0802A1

0802A2

TheGreek_978

TheGreek_978

She looks great and real Healthy. Waitnuntil she flowers and stretches. It’ll be beautiful, I wish I did a RDWC just don’t have the room

FourPlants

FourPlants

inhale, exhale
Inhale, exhale
Hold up, wait a minute
Let me put some kush up in it
Hold up, wait a minute
Let me put some kush up in it

Been fairly smooth sailing. Last night I did a water change and adjusted the ratio on my feed to include the Super Sonic Plant Tonic. Running at 460 PPM

This first plant is the one that has been my weekly update photo from the start. This plant was grown to the 5th node, got heavy pruning and topped twice. Hopefully it should be fun to watch this one in the next few weeks.
0809A1

This plant was grown to the 6th node and topped one.
0809D1

Here is the whole tent. One of the smaller plants is 8 days behind the big ones and has been topped once. The other is the one that didn't like the lights as much and got sunburned at the start of the grow and is the runt
0809T

Top Bottom