1st Time Grower - RDWC - Kosher Kush

• Thread starter FourPlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FourPlants

FourPlants

I must say you are doing an EXCELLENT job so far. Everything looking real nice! A big šŸ‘ to you!

Thank you. I am excited to finish out this grow and have a few more mistakes to make along the way. I really can't wait to be sampling the product and really being able to start to push the gas pedal on the next grow

FourPlants

FourPlants

Won't be around tomorrow to snap my weekly update so will do it today. Had some pest and deficiencies I worked through earlier this week so the older growth is showing it. Will be doing some scrog and trimming this week and perhaps thinking about starting to transition to flower.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Looking good, that growth is crazy. Two of those plants just exploded. What time frame are you considering for flipping?

FourPlants

FourPlants

Looking good, that growth is crazy. Two of those plants just exploded. What time frame are you considering for flipping?
Hopefully this weekend I will adjust lights. Iā€™m out of town until the later half of the week or I would already be putting the scrog up today

Lights have been at 40% and high trying to keep them slow until I get back lol

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Oh wow, so you're going to be flipping that soon. Mind if I ask why now? I only ask because I so frequently see growers trying to fill their canopy in veg before a flip.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Oh wow, so you're going to be flipping that soon. Mind if I ask why now? I only ask because I so frequently see growers trying to fill their canopy in veg before a flip.
It really depends on how they look and will be making the judgement call. The smaller plant in the back left corner is 8 days behind the two big ones just to get an idea of how fast they have been putting on size. All but the runt had been recovering from toppings, one of them was topped twice.

I really donā€™t know what to expect when I get back lol. If they arenā€™t ready yet itā€™s fine I will let them really spread into the scrog

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Damn, what a difference 8 days can make. Look forward to seeing what they look like when you return. šŸ˜ šŸ‘

FourPlants

FourPlants

Plants survived me being out of town. Did a res change and some defoliation of the older growth. I lowered my lights right before lights out so should have some higher intensity.

Built my scrog frame out of 1 inch PVC and weaved in 5x5 squares out of twine so I have 100 squares. Should be hanging the scrog tonight or tomorrow morning.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Weekly update picture

I have the scrog in and trying to open them up some. In the last post I said my PVC frame was 1 inch which was a mistake. I forgot I had choose to go with 3/4. I tied the net up to get a feel for what I like spacing wise and will be installing post to make stringing up the net easier in the future.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I see marijuana trees blowing in the breeze

Day 1 of flower

The ladies have been flipped. This is them about half an hour after lights on. Yesterday morning was a few hours of prep running water through the system flushing and giving them a fresh res. Feeding 650PPM right now which is what I was feeding last week as well. We will see how they eat and make adjustments as needed. Will be doing another res change in a week which reduces me from a 2:1:1 on my three part to a 1:1:1

I just bumped lights to 60% which puts me between 30 and 40 DLI throughout the canopy. I'm worried that may be a tad high though.

@Schwer Do you know how high and how you had your lights set first week of flower? What PPFD you were running at?

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I'm using this calculator for DLI for this post so I hope its right, heh. https://www.waveformlighting.com/horticulture/daily-light-integral-dli-calculator

I kept light intensity where it was for a couple of days post flip (~350-450 PPFD, or 15-20 DLI) and then increased the intensity by a couple of percentage points a day for another week until I got to the 700-800 PPFD range (30-34 DLI) for the majority of my canopy. I adjusted the light height to keep them ~20-22 inches away from the top of the canopy.

I think I ended up a bit high on my PFFD and a bit low on my light height. I may have a some light burn and a little bleaching to deal with, but this was also during a time in stretch where my "canopy" was more a conceptual average than an actual plane šŸ˜…. Some taller bud sites were getting over 1000 PPFD (43DLI) because I was trying to make sure the majority was closer to 800 PPFD (34 DLI)

I ended up increasing my lights to nearly 20 inches from even the tallest stems and I have it set to 81% on the master controller. That's giving me 500-600 PPFD (21-25 DLI) on the lowest flowers that are still in light. The tallest are getting 900 PPFD (39 DLI) and the majority are still getting 700-800 PPFD (30-34 DLI). They seem pretty happy there but time will tell.

FourPlants

FourPlants

Yeah I was running them at like 28-35 DLI before flip, didnā€™t adjust height just intensity. After I made the post above I actually turned them back down to 40%

I have been trying to err on the side of under driving them as oppose to over

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

Apologies sure this was posted long ago but what strain is it? I've done Green Crack for my first grow, it looks a lot like this and smells for all the world like pine needles and key lime pie! šŸ˜…

Latest posts

Top Bottom