1st time grower, seed problems?

• Thread starter Budw3is3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hortulanus

Hortulanus

I’ll start by saying I am no expert but I saw something like this in my plants and it ended up being ph issues at the roots.
but am I crazy to think this looks a bit like virus symptoms?

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

I’ll start by saying I am no expert but I saw something like this in my plants and it ended up being ph issues at the roots.
I think you are right on the PH front. I've been using RO water and I have adjus
Just recalibrated the ph and its 6.1 so within range.

Only started to see this when I main-lined.

Roots have grown hugely this week.

Bud

20200711 215408
20200711 215036
20200711 215032
QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

I think you are right on the PH front. I've been using RO water and I have adjus

Just recalibrated the ph and its 6.1 so within range.

Only started to see this when I main-lined.

Roots have grown hugely this week.

Bud
To me it looks like they were deficient on magnesium at one point but since the new growth looks good I would just continue with your regular nutrients. By regular I'm meaning proven goods, things you've had good results with before it should resolve nicely

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

To me it looks like they were deficient on magnesium at one point but since the new growth looks good I would just continue with your regular nutrients. By regular I'm meaning proven goods, things you've had good results with before it should resolve nicely
Thanks, its strange that it only appeared after the main-lining.

Apparently you can leave the fan leaves on to aid the plant for a couple of days, I think I'll take them off.

On the nutrient front I've followed Remo reccomendation but you may have a point, just strange that it wasn't visible beforehand.

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Nice grow so far mate..watching on with interest 🤙
Cheers @Madmax , I know it sounds corny but I really really enjoy it.... even when I'm messing up!

First time grower, I know I'm going to make mistakes etc

A good solid bunch of people on here have given brilliant advice and yesterday was no exception.

Kudos to the members 👏

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Main-lining update

Decided to get rid of the fan leaves, it's been a few days since I started the process so hopefully allowed for things to calm down.

When I purchased a propagation unit the shop gave me a bag of these 'yoyo' type things for training free of charge. I removed the ties as I was worried they could be causing damage and started to use the yoyos. After modifications I have them attached to the buckets (just means now I can't turn the pots to rotate for light). They seem good so far.

You have to be very delicate (like everything in this game), in hindsight I'd probably have left them a little longer before starting the process as I cocked 2 up 😶

This is probably the best example, she might need training again for the next split. This is also the plant that went in the larger cube.

Each plant has a huge amount of established root. It's really hard to get it back in. There is a copper drain plug in the bucket that stops the roots from going down... let's see if they work.

Bud

20200712 203733
20200711 172259
20200712 174138
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Wow, big learning today:

After reading another thread on this site I think the change in the leafs are from wind burn. After main-lining I pointed the fan directly at the plants in order to strengthen after stress... school boy error.

Also learned that having the humidifier on during the dark isn't required.

Two little things, big impacts.

Thanks

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

UPDATE - into week 4 Veg

End of week 3 veg and main-lining. Bit strange seeing the plants get smaller because of the training. I'm thinking about having an 8 week veg to fatten them up... thoughts?

I won't keep repeating myself but it's been a big week of learning, big shout out to @Aqua Man for helping out when I came running 🙌

700 ppm and 5.5pH

Hopefully see some big growth this week after two main-lining fuck ups.

Noticed the girls are drinking a lot more. By the time I changed the tank the water was almost empty. I have a 120litre tank, up to this point I have only been using 50 litres and making sure the nutrients are balanced to this volume (saves wasting nutrients).

I have got a new humidifier which is more up for the job than the last one. During the light I want to hit a RH of 72.5% so that my optimal temperature can go between 21°C - 32°C in veg (69.8F - 89.6F).

One thing I am starting to think about is clones to keep the cycle going without seeds. If I go 8 weeks veg and 8 week flower I'll either have to buy some more gear for a mother plant (which I don't want to do), buy clones (but the quality might be shit) or take the clones half way into flower which I believe is known as "monster cropping" please see below:

Please share your thoughts.

Bud

20200715 093931
20200715 102330
20200715 105035
20200715 105744
20200715 105842
20200715 105853
20200715 105901
20200715 110210
20200715 110213
20200715 110217
20200630 202015
Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

ouch that broken mainline, I did that too so I feel your pain.

plants look great this is the exact setup Im doing next, 4mainlined and hydro.

I should have topped 3+ times instead of 2!

Madmax

Madmax

When the plants are 2 weeks before going into flower room take cuttings off your own bro is the norm for continuous cycle.you will soon learn what the strain you have growing now likes..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

UPDATE - into week 4 Veg

End of week 3 veg and main-lining. Bit strange seeing the plants get smaller because of the training. I'm thinking about having an 8 week veg to fatten them up... thoughts?

I won't keep repeating myself but it's been a big week of learning, big shout out to @Aqua Man for helping out when I came running 🙌

700 ppm and 5.5pH

Hopefully see some big growth this week after two main-lining fuck ups.

Noticed the girls are drinking a lot more. By the time I changed the tank the water was almost empty. I have a 120litre tank, up to this point I have only been using 50 litres and making sure the nutrients are balanced to this volume (saves wasting nutrients).

I have got a new humidifier which is more up for the job than the last one. During the light I want to hit a RH of 72.5% so that my optimal temperature can go between 21°C - 32°C in veg (69.8F - 89.6F).

One thing I am starting to think about is clones to keep the cycle going without seeds. If I go 8 weeks veg and 8 week flower I'll either have to buy some more gear for a mother plant (which I don't want to do), buy clones (but the quality might be shit) or take the clones half way into flower which I believe is known as "monster cropping" please see below:

Please share your thoughts.

Bud
I think your under LED??? Your leaf temps are very like about 5F cooler so that chart may not be accurate

Top Bottom