1st Time Grower

• Thread starter tallcool169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tallcool169

I think I've got the jist of things so far....My 2.5xx4x5 tent had two 300w led's running 20/7. I have a small radiator heater, and two small fans. I've kept the lower vents open to help with air flow. My question is that I currently have my extractor fan attached to a controller that also controls my heater. Typically, when the lights go out the heat gets too high and the extractor kicks on. My concern is that should be running more often? Should I disconnect it from that same timer and put it on a dedicated timer but then my concern is what happens when the heat does rise, what will cool it? Seems like a double edged sword but perhaps I'm over thinking it...Thanks

DGP

DGP

How cold does it get at night outside of the grow enclosure, do you really need a heater especially at night?

Dee

T

tallcool169

I'm probably getting to a point where I don't and I have my lights scheduled off during the middle of the day. So would you suggest changing it over to it's own timer? How often should my extractor run? I'm already thinking about smell as they're just entering their 4th week and I've noticed a musky smell starting to become evident, can't imagine what it's gonna be like in a few more weeks....

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm probably getting to a point where I don't and I have my lights scheduled off during the middle of the day. So would you suggest changing it over to it's own timer? How often should my extractor run? I'm already thinking about smell as they're just entering their 4th week and I've noticed a musky smell starting to become evident, can't imagine what it's gonna be like in a few more weeks....
Personally I leave my extraction fan running 24x7..helps control RH, provides new and moving air..
Smell is not a problem for me (legal state)..but if you think they stink now..try growing some Cheese..Pheeew!
Stink

DGP

DGP

Growing Cheesequake here and there is no way to control the lovely fragrance. I was going to say the same thing about leaving the ventilation on 24/7 but that's why I asked how cold the ambient environment is as well as the night time temps in the tent because I didn't know how cold they would get.....

Dee

Leew421

Leew421

Running 20 hours of light is a waste. 16-18 hours of light but more like 17. Plants grow more in the dark. If you never give them that rest you will stress for no reason

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Running 20 hours of light is a waste. 16-18 hours of light but more like 17. Plants grow more in the dark. If you never give them that rest you will stress for no reason
Anyone tried running 6 on and 2 off and repeat..
Saw an article somewhere claiming this is way more beneficial for plants than 18/6 etc?

Leew421

Leew421

I have heard of that. Almost like a slow strobe. My only issue with that is that would never happen in nature plus I don't want to fix what's not broke

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Was thinking that too..But we are messing with nature using artificial everything ..Soo..
TBH, I don't want to take a chance with my veg room..could really cause me a mess if it is not good for the plants.
My clones/ seedlings and vegging ladies are all in that room and I have no other space to experiment..

Perhaps when my Making Feminized seeds is done (about another 10 days or so), I may try 6/2 in the current breeding tent on a few plants. Even though it is only a 2x4x6 tent..cleaning is gonna be a bitch!! Had a true Male The Deputy (Greenpoint Seeds) in there making pollen as well

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I suggest a short cycle timer all that point
I have one (only $15) from my failed DIY Aero cloner..(went back to a simple propagator and heat mat/dome)..

SORRY OP FOR JACKING YOUR THREAD..

Monster762

Monster762

I think I've got the jist of things so far....My 2.5xx4x5 tent had two 300w led's running 20/7. I have a small radiator heater, and two small fans. I've kept the lower vents open to help with air flow. My question is that I currently have my extractor fan attached to a controller that also controls my heater. Typically, when the lights go out the heat gets too high and the extractor kicks on. My concern is that should be running more often? Should I disconnect it from that same timer and put it on a dedicated timer but then my concern is what happens when the heat does rise, what will cool it? Seems like a double edged sword but perhaps I'm over thinking it...Thanks
I run extract/exhaust fan 24 hrs. I would run exhaust 24 hrs n just slowly dial heater where you want it to stay at. Unless running co2 then 24 hr exhaust not good. If working with natural air you want as much flow as you can get. Exchanging o2 and co2 constantly.

T

tallcool169

Growing Cheesequake here and there is no way to control the lovely fragrance. I was going to say the same thing about leaving the ventilation on 24/7 but that's why I asked how cold the ambient environment is as well as the night time temps in the tent because I didn't know how cold they would get.....

Dee
The temp seems to drop down to the upper 60's but that's not running the fan 24/7. I guess I'll turn it on 24/7 and try and dial in the heater....

Monster762

Monster762

The temp seems to drop down to the upper 60's but that's not running the fan 24/7. I guess I'll turn it on 24/7 and try and dial in the heater....
Just keep fan on. Put the heater in there. Start on like 1/3 hot Once you hit your temp cut the knob back til it just clicks off n should be good. Maybe turn just a notch past where you hear it cut off. And don’t run on high just sucks extra power for nothin. High 60s in dark ok but if you could put low 70s til flower it be better. In flower you can slowly lower temps n all at the end. A lot of people don’t though. It does make a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom