1st Time Grower

• Thread starter tallcool169
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tallcool169

Here's my girls, germinated on 3/4, sprouted 3/6. I've turned the fan on 24/7, working dialing the heater. My other issue is next week I have to leave them unattended for 3-7 days due to some surgery. What are your thoughts on how to handle that? Was thinking about letting them get nice and thirsty leading up to it, drenching them pretty good, and hoping for the best???

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Just one thing (at the moment..LOL)

Ditch those peat cups..they leech water away from the seedlings..
I made the same mistake many moons ago and lost a few because I couldn't get home in time to water..Solo cups with drainage holes work much better imo.

T

tallcool169

Just one thing (at the moment..LOL)

Ditch those peat cups..they leech water away from the seedlings..
I made the same mistake many moons ago and lost a few because I couldn't get home in time to water..Solo cups with drainage holes work much better imo.
Good Eye, those are my cover plants...(i.e. tomatoes/peppers) I did start my Auto Blueberries in Peat cups. What I did was just let them sprout for a few days then I cut the bottom 1/3 away and dropped the cup in the center of the 3 gallon fabric pot. I did this(my newbie rationale) was that I didn't want to transplant and I didn't like the idea of burying a Solo cup...Better odds getting the roots down with the bottom cut away??? Again, total newb so......

T

tallcool169

Thumbnail 20180404 230123
Thumbnail 20180404 230133
Thumbnail 20180404 230127

Top Bottom