Canada

Canada

Thanks for help bro. Is pro mix with 12-6-6 ok for veg it too much

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for help bro. Is pro mix with 12-6-6 ok for veg it too much
that’s a little strong to me though if theirs dolomite in their than your probably good

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I also have some 50 gallon grow bags does anyone know how much soil I need for each??
If you google how much soil do I need for 50 gal.it will tell you how many cubic feet you need. I did the same thing for my five 3 gal.smart pots & it was dead on with the amount.

whata

whata

hey ... so far outside goes .. 40 days in ill always roll with 10 10 10 --> dig hole 10inc deep - first 10 horsesalad 10 allmix(perlited) 10 mixed soil

keep walkin

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thanks again. So I fill to top of grow bag?
I fill to top but that's just me. I dont think it would hurt leave an inch if you want tho. With the way it worked out for me I had to buy a bag that was slightly more than what it estimated on site but that's fine cuz I just used to top off the soil I'd lose from watering the plant.

Last edited:
Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Thanks again. So I fill to top of grow bag?
I fill to top but that's just me. I dont think it would hurt leave an inch of you
I also have some 50 gallon grow bags does anyone know how much soil I need for each??
I couldn't find 50 gal.bags but for 45 gal.bags it said 6 cubic ft. So I'd figure 6.5 cubic feet for each pot maybe?

Rooke

Rooke

I fill to top but that's just me. I dont think it would hurt leave an inch of you

I couldn't find 50 gal.bags but for 45 gal.bags it said 6 cubic ft. So I'd figure 6.5 cubic feet for each pot maybe?
sounds about right ph your water and premoisten your soil moist not wet before you transplant I let mine sit in warmth for a day less shock that way!!

Canada

Canada

sounds about right ph your water and premoisten your soil moist not wet before you transplant I let mine
sounds about right ph your water and premoisten your soil moist not wet before you transplant I let mine sit in warmth for a day less shock that way!!
I am using jiffy pots. Says Ican transplant whole pot

Rooke

Rooke

Dunno I’ve never used them. I’m straight into my soil works for me

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yes in grow pots
it should be ok as it’s probably ph buffered..
i’d just make sure my plant that is be putting in it was close to 10 inches tall.. you know has a good start..

Canada

Canada

it should be ok as it’s probably ph buffered..
i’d just make sure my plant that is be putting in it was close to 10 inches tall.. you know has a good start..
Thanks for your help

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

Last yr.I used fox farm ocean mix but when i sent my girl to pick up soil she got the wrong stuff & brought back promix soil moisture potting mix so I used both. The plants were indoor & weren't started in that soil but were in veg state and it worked fine. It had weird consistency kinda spongey but it was ok.

Madbud

Madbud

Last yr.I used fox farm ocean mix but when i sent my girl to pick up soil she got the wrong stuff & brought back promix soil moisture potting mix so I used both. The plants were indoor & weren't started in that soil but were in veg state and it worked fine. It had weird consistency kinda spongey but it was ok.
I got two compressed bags at walmart, its 90% peat with some perlite and dolomite. Seems ok so far, i added more perlite and some leftover happy frog.

Bib4tuna

Bib4tuna

I got two compressed bags at walmart, its 90% peat with some perlite and dolomite. Seems ok so far, i added more perlite and some leftover happy frog.View attachment 1122948
Yeah,I didnt add perlite last yr. Ill be adding to my soil this yr. since everyone seems to recommend bcuz I had my fox farm ocean mix & it held water forever & really threw me off when watering. But I mixed my promix moisture mix with ocean mix last yr too. Mostly to top off with what I lost i run off from watering but like I said it seemed ok. I know alot of ppl swear by fox farm ocean mix but it seemed like the plants performed well in both. I wasnt checking pH & all that so I cant speak on that but they seemed ok. This wil be my 1st yr.dealing with pH & nutes. Fingers crossed I dont mess it up,lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom