2 1/2 gallon pots and I have to water them every day

• Thread starter JimfromA2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

About 2 cups of nutrients or PH water depending on the day. The water is draining out the bottom.
When I run Happy Frog, I water slowly to full saturation, only when the pot is very light. That typically takes between a quarter and a third of the media volume. For a 2.5 gallon pot, I'd prep a little less than a gallon of water per watering.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
So everything is on par... however I would not recommend flipping until you get them in bigger pots... your going to go into root lock soon... as when you flower the root zone will basically double in size.... also you should be watering with about a half gallon of water for 2.5 gallon pot.... ideally 20% pot size is amount of water you SHOULD be using in general... hope this helps

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

Transplanted all but one into 5gal. The one I did not move is in a 4-gallon. My 2 biggest plants went into 7 gallons.

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

I want to raise the shorter plants to have a level canopy but I am not sure how to do it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You did it with that milk crate! Just put them up on something!

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

You did it with that milk crate! Just put them up on something!
Yeah, that was the one that I did not transplant. The other ones got transplanted into taller containers, they would be too tall on milk crates

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You can find something! One by ones, two by twos, two by fours, cut the milk crate in half with a saws, all, etc. Use your imagination! Want to try and keep a little airflow underneath and it will probably make cleaning up messes tougher, but it ain’t rocket science! Plants are looking good! Outdoors I will raise my 40 gallon pots up on 2 inch PVC I had laying around and cut to length!

JimfromA2

JimfromA2

You can find something! One by ones, two by twos, two by fours, cut the milk crate in half with a saws, all, etc. Use your imagination! Want to try and keep a little airflow underneath and it will probably make cleaning up messes tougher, but it ain’t rocket science! Plants are looking good! Outdoors I will raise my 40 gallon pots up on 2 inch PVC I had laying around and cut to length!
The two bigger plants are almost 4 months old. The one in front on the right is the mother of three of the other plants.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ouch! A masochist! I’ll bet the plants like it! And that’s all that really matters in the end!

Last edited:
Top Bottom