2" of cola starting to dry out (un harvested plant)

• Thread starter Kush Lungs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kush Lungs

Hey everyone. I checked on the ladies this morning and noticed something very wierd going on with one of my girls tops.

About 2" of one of her main colas is dry.

The are in the same place they have been since I started flowering and they are definately not closer then 18" to a 600 w AC light. The temps are cool. in the high 70s low 80s. Humidity is over 50%.

It's pretty strange. She's up for harvest at the end of the month so I'm not worries I'll cut it and smoke it but it's like bone dry. And everything else is fine. Nice green threw out she was barely burnt at all entire harvest. She's next to a plant thats like pure yellow cuz she wilted after I couldn't water for a weak and probably the tallest cola is 6" away from the light.

Seemed weird this one would do this. Any suggestions or comments to finding the root of the problem out?

Pictures 1+2 are her other top. 3+4 are the dried top

2 of cola starting to dry out un harvested plant
2 of cola starting to dry out un harvested plant 2
2 of cola starting to dry out un harvested plant 3
2 of cola starting to dry out un harvested plant 4
K

Kush Lungs

I don't think its bud rot. Isn't the bud suppose to be wet and stink? Cuz its bone dry right to the stem and just looks and smells like a dried bud.

Also no caterpillars or chewing on the stem under the bud it was basically just 2" of a 6"ish long bud was dry.

Here's a few pics of the bud chopped off and broken up a lil

Btw the strain is shark shock from mr nice seedbank

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

After the gray mold kills that chunk of the plant it will dry out the dead part of that bud

K

Kush Lungs

Oh okay I didn't do a whole lot of reading on bud rot I noticed it like 10 mins before I had to go to work and just got home not long ago.

But so far no mold on the buds. I will inspect the rest of it better once lights are on.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

ive done that by tying to tight ....Not enough slack and stem grew castrating my poor plant.. arggg . oh wait. it was a female.hum

K

Kush Lungs

ive done that by tying to tight ....Not enough slack and stem grew castrating my poor plant.. arggg . oh wait. it was a female.hum
I did something like that my first time growing. I had zip tied labels around my potential mothers stems and forgot about it. When I found them the stem was about an inch thick and it grew around the zip ties. Musta been in about half inch I had to shove a knife into the zip tie and destroy the little tab that locks it in place. Was pretty funny.

william76

william76

I did something like that my first time growing. I had zip tied labels around my potential mothers stems and forgot about it. When I found them the stem was about an inch thick and it grew around the zip ties. Musta been in about half inch I had to shove a knife into the zip tie and destroy the little tab that locks it in place. Was pretty funny.
I'd cut that off straight away,you don't want any spores flying about,the plant can't repair that,youll probably have pink or gray mould inside,it will help not hinder if you cut it off now,and hope it's not in any the other buds,just check them for deformed leafs etc,good luck,76

K

Kush Lungs

After the gray mold kills that chunk of the plant it will dry out the dead part of that bud

I'd cut that off straight away,you don't want any spores flying about,the plant can't repair that,youll probably have pink or gray mould inside,it will help not hinder if you cut it off now,and hope it's not in any the other buds,just check them for deformed leafs etc,good luck,76

So I was inspecting the site this morning and noticed it was in fact bud rot.

I cut it down another 2" or so put my dehumidifier into the tent and I've got a 16" and a 12" fan blowing in there getting better air flow then how i had them setup.

Just to be sure should I leave them or harvest early? Most of them probably will be ready to cut down by the first week of October and actually the shark shock should be done in a week or so just started seeing ambers poopin up just waitin for a few more.

Or should i just keep my eye on them and let them go as long as possible. I got a lot riding on this harvest and don't want to lose it all.

str8smokn

str8smokn

If it is mold, you need to get fans out. The fans will blow the spores around infecting more of the plant/ plants.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I would keep a close eye on them... this happened 2 me inside 1 time on only 1 plant it had huge top buds.. giant buds r always at risk..

Hopfully that's the only affected bud..

william76

william76

Drop your humidity to 40 if you can,inspect buds twice daily till chop,look for any deformed leaves(they usually curl into the bud and are discoloured)or any brown burns on buds can be a clue,and watch how much you water them,and don't let them sit in runoff,all the best,76

S

SinisterOG

Cut the affected section off and watch for dying leaves in your buds.

Top Bottom