2 Oz Per Plant?

• Thread starter dorjewright
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
brazel

brazel

I guess I'm doing it all wrong. I'm going to start moving my plant around and cutting it. Might punch it too. Maybe take it's lunch money. I heard it makes them grow.
I don't care who you are, that shit right there is funny!

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

That's what I'm taking about! Most excellent job! High five!
Thanks, but the plants do most of the work. I just help them along their way. veg feeds are 0.8 ec, flowered with feeds at 1.0 ec.
DSCN0629

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

Some good advice, 4lbs nice. You have the skills to pull a proper harvest, why are you getting the about same yield with half the plants? That's a big variable! Overcrowding?
Cheers
You give some well thought out advise . A art that has seemed to have left the forums.
I don't necessarily agree with a few things but I feel as though I can learn from that.

Transplanting or germinating is the plants one/only container to not induce stress ?
Would you not be waiting a super long time for a cut to veg up in a 5 gal ?
I find that transplanting is not a bad thing if done properly with little disruption to root.
Interested in your thoughts ?
Someone above stated to bend as apposed to top (weak branches) or stress in your post ?
This also has me thinking about apex dominance (maybe worded wrong ) those weak branches do suck but with a quality light and avg veg time they can also gain support.

I find the between 4 to 8 tops works best

brazel

brazel

You give some well thought out advise . A art that has seemed to have left the forums.
I don't necessarily agree with a few things but I feel as though I can learn from that.

Transplanting or germinating is the plants one/only container to not induce stress ?
Would you not be waiting a super long time for a cut to veg up in a 5 gal ?
I find that transplanting is not a bad thing if done properly with little disruption to root.
Interested in your thoughts ?
Someone above stated to bend as apposed to top (weak branches) or stress in your post ?
This also has me thinking about apex dominance (maybe worded wrong ) those weak branches do suck but with a quality light and avg veg time they can also gain support.

I find the between 4 to 8 tops works best
No transplanting is not needed if it was we'd have no plants growing outside. It makes no sense to confine it's medium for cannabis. When you transplant you slow growth. You start in a one gallon and then you transplant it, why do you have to transplant it? Because it out grew its container so growth has slowed, correct? If it didn't you'd have no reason to transplant, correct? So you transplant it, does it start growing right away? No. Why do people suggest transplant and wait a week before introducing flower? Well my plant has never stopped growing plus the soil food web is solid in my container. Every time you disturb the soil you're destroying the SFW. I have less work to do, my plant has built a better home in my container. You hear after transplant my growth took off... yeah well mine never stopped.

Apical dominance promotes growth and increases yield. It's the same idea, more tops I just don't have to cut my plant. Anyone who thinks it won't induce stress to cut its head off needs to read books about plant science and put the high times, ed and Jorge books away.

I don't understand the weak branch part because I don't believe topping causes weak branches but I understood what he was getting at.
Any questions feel free to holler
Thanks man

People are afraid of change. People wanna believe what they were told, taught or read without fact checking or experimenting. How many were taught in school we have 5 senses and all that other stuff we were lead to believe and we get older and fact check it and find out that's not right.

Last edited:
Organikz

Organikz

No transplanting is not needed if it was we'd have no plants growing outside. It makes no sense to confine it's medium for cannabis. When you transplant you slow growth. You start in a one gallon and then you transplant it, why do you have to transplant it? Because it out grew its container so growth has slowed, correct? If it didn't you'd have no reason to transplant, correct? So you transplant it, does it start growing right away? No. Why do people suggest transplant and wait a week before introducing flower? Well my plant has never stopped growing plus the soil food web is solid in my container. Every time you disturb the soil you're destroying the SFW. I have less work to do, my plant has built a better home in my container. You hear after transplant my growth took off... yeah well mine never stopped.

Apical dominance promotes growth and increases yield. It's the same idea, more tops I just don't have to cut my plant. Anyone who thinks it won't induce stress to cut its head off needs to read books about plant science and put the high times, ed and Jorge books away.

I don't understand the weak branch part because I don't believe topping causes weak branches but I understood what he was getting at.
Any questions feel free to holler
Thanks man

People are afraid of change. People wanna believe what they were told, taught or read without fact checking or experimenting. How many were taught in school we have 5 senses and all that other stuff we were lead to believe and we get older and fact check it and find out that's not right.
The perceived growth taking off is not imagined. Brazel knows this and I'm not correcting just adding. The sudden lateral growth is a stress response hormone being activated. Is the growth that is being forced in order to survive while actually attempting to repair damage going to be healthy, strong, growth? There are many other ways to release apical dominance such as lst or simply adding cytokinin. Something as simple as adding 1/4 cup cold pressed aloe per gallon of water can activate the stress hormones that cause this sudden growth while not actually inflicting damage on the plant. You're actually building it's SAR.

MW7945

MW7945

Tbh my first grow I used a viparspectra light, had no fuckking clue what I was doing so no scrog, lst, or any of that. I had two plants. My smaller of the two got 2 oz. I think I vegged for about 4-5 weeks. 2oz shouldn't be that hard to attain tbh

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yo, unfortunately it doesn't work like that.
No one can tell you how long to veg, there's too many variables.

If you're growing in amended soil and you're transplanting, then you missed the boat!
After you plant the seed, sprout or clone, there's absolutely no reason cannabis needs to be transplanted. Why induce stress?

Once you get the clone, drop it in its forever home. You're gonna want bigger containers, but while it's not ideal, five gallon will work.
What's in your soil? That's gonna be your first obstacle.
Your watering skills will be your second obstacle. Best to use a pressurized sprayer. Chapin 1949 is the best.

Maintain a proper environment.
You already have premium clones, I'm guessing that means they're pest and disease free, good genetics, nice roots and good structure.

No reason to top when you can control apical dominance. Why induce stress?

IPM & foliar spray

Follow good practises, don't go from outside straight to your room. Be cautious if you're planning on having other growers/people/pets in your room. I prefer not to have them in my room.
Grow away from buying clones. Make your own or start from seed.

You get those on lock and you're riding on cruise control.
Sit back and let the soil grow the plant for you.
1 1/2 pound per light is not far from HID lighting goal which is one gram per a watt.

Start a grow journal so you can get guidance while honing your skill.
If any of this sounds good, lemme know and I'll give you a hand.

Cheers and happy growing
I'm in agreement with @brazel on the forever home. The fastest root growth occurs during the vegetative state. If you place your cuts in their forever shoes whilst in veg you should get better root development provided your watering regime, correct pot size, media used is solid and also strain selction comes into play here. Some strains are slow veggers. Once you transplant as stated you are inducing some stress and it takes a few minutes for the rootzone to rebound. Then when flipped to flower the hormonal balance in the plant shifts to bud set and the plant starts gearing up for floral development rather than developing the root zone.

All that aside, there is some truth to the claims that bigger roots throw bigger fruits but I think more of your yield depends on nutrition and watering enough for that pot size. Water to me is the main determining factor on plant size and growth. This is why dwc rdwc and ebb n flo nft produce yields that indoor soil cannot rival. Its all about the H2o and nutritional needs being met. Plus a good hand with the training of the plant and canopy management.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Most of the data I have seen states GA is capable of 16 zips per m2 indoors and 28 zips outdoors. YMMV

brazel

brazel

I'm in agreement with @brazel on the forever home. The fastest root growth occurs during the vegetative state. If you place your cuts in their forever shoes whilst in veg you should get better root development provided your watering regime, correct pot size, media used is solid and also strain selction comes into play here. Some strains are slow veggers. Once you transplant as stated you are inducing some stress and it takes a few minutes for the rootzone to rebound. Then when flipped to flower the hormonal balance in the plant shifts to bud set and the plant starts gearing up for floral development rather than developing the root zone.

All that aside, there is some truth to the claims that bigger roots throw bigger fruits but I think more of your yield depends on nutrition and watering enough for that pot size. Water to me is the main determining factor on plant size and growth. This is why dwc rdwc and ebb n flo nft produce yields that indoor soil cannot rival. Its all about the H2o and nutritional needs being met. Plus a good hand with the training of the plant and canopy management.
Excellent detail!
Yeah dwc turns it up! @EventHorizan & @Wisher619 love to remind me ha

Rcubed

Rcubed

The perceived growth taking off is not imagined. Brazel knows this and I'm not correcting just adding. The sudden lateral growth is a stress response hormone being activated. Is the growth that is being forced in order to survive while actually attempting to repair damage going to be healthy, strong, growth? There are many other ways to release apical dominance such as lst or simply adding cytokinin. Something as simple as adding 1/4 cup cold pressed aloe per gallon of water can activate the stress hormones that cause this sudden growth while not actually inflicting damage on the plant. You're actually building it's SAR.
Do you use aloe juice or gel?

M

MamaBear

Maybe take it's lunch money. I heard it makes them grow.
Some strains really do better if you just leave them alone and neglect the hell out of them.

Sorry guys, I should have said I get almost 3 oz. DRY buds. I don't weigh them when I chop so I have no idea what my "fresh" weight is. I would guess at least double that. Buds lose at least 1/2 their weight when drying if not more.
Since I grow in greenhouse, I get them going in the Spring and they get the whole summer. I let them bloom on their own time (fall) - I don't use lights. So yeah I have a long veg time.
My GDP IBL has very small buds but they are incredibly potent. Definitely worth the time and space in my GH.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Some good advice, 4lbs nice. You have the skills to pull a proper harvest, why are you getting the about same yield with half the plants? That's a big variable! Overcrowding?
Cheers
Strain dependent. I usually round out around 3 and a half pounds with 2k watts.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I tickle my roots when up potting. doesn't seem to slow them down in coir. Roots are in an ever evolving cycle, that's part of the learning curve to container growing.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Still good. I'm more interested in how you harvest the same rather you have 10 plants or 20!
It's about wattage, you can get as much off 3 plants under a 1000 watt lamp as you can 10 under a 1000 watt lamp.
Do you want 3 monster plants with dense buds or do you want 10 plants with so so buds, it's all light distribution.

brazel

brazel

It's about wattage, you can get as much off 3 plants under a 1000 watt lamp as you can 10 under a 1000 watt lamp.
Ok I'm confused, the watts are the same.
Please, explain more! Not being rude, just wondering if you came across something

Latest posts

Top Bottom