2 Year Cure (is Quality Improved)?

• Thread starter CanadaSeeds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

awesome to hear all the different opinions about curing and what peoples' experiences have been. It makes me think of wine and how important the aging process is and of course making sure it's done correctly. What's interesting about wine is that it's alive and there's bacteria's inside interacting with the acids, flavinoids ect... same with traditional methods for curing ham, and cheese. I recently discovered that cannabis also has many of the same bacteria's found in wine. imo even tho some trace terpenes may be lost during a lengthily cure, i believe something magical could be happening between the bacteria's and the plant. Perhaps the buds gain more medicinal qualities if these beneficial bacteria's are present in higher concentration in the final product.
I think of cannabis more like the grapes that make the wine, rather than wine itself. I have stored so many different ways, the best being nitrogen sealing and a perfect cool environment, but I have never experienced any cannabis to improve with a cure, at least not more than two weeks. I'm always open to being wrong though, I will conduct some experiments in the coming years.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

I think of cannabis more like the grapes that make the wine, rather than wine itself. I have stored so many different ways, the best being nitrogen sealing and a perfect cool environment, but I have never experienced any cannabis to improve with a cure, at least not more than two weeks. I'm always open to being wrong though, I will conduct some experiments in the coming years.
hmm but the grapes are the wine, and the wine is the grapes... but living on the grapes is bacteria which makes it's way into the wine, lets not forget the bacteria on their feet!! Bacteria is what makes the wine! As perhaps bacteria on the plant may make the strain. who knows lol

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
There's a magic that happens with fermentation, and don't limit your thinking to bacteria, yeast can be, and are in the case of wine, integral to this whole thing.

The question is what kind of fermentation, if any, is helpful here? Is it really what we're after?

Also, does anyone else pay attention to keeping their product out of direct light of any kind, as much as possible? I feel it does make a difference.

CanadaSeeds

CanadaSeeds

True @Seamaiden yeast and other microbes too. Stuff im just learning about lol. you definitely need to keep curing jars out of any sunlight.. sunlight degrades THC. it's best to cure in amber glass to be safe. I wanted to mention another thing about wine. b-myrcene is the sedating terpene in wine and imo the majority of the terpene is concentrated in the skin and is released when the grapes are crushed. The terpene behaves as an oil, the interactions from the acids in the juice causes the oils to disperse evenly throughout the grape juice. Some of the microbes in wine come from the feet, because they crush the grapes with their feet. Then with fermentation the alcohol is created and the magic starts. i believe a lot of the medicinal qualities from wine and possibly marijuana too come from how the microbes combined with the terpenes and the alcohol or thc is running through the blood. When you drink wine the beneficial microbes can pass through the organs and intestinal track and attack bad microbes. this is just a guess but i think it something like this could be going on.. the oily terpene bind and carry certain "things" with it as it passes through the body. Also the combination of the alcohol and terpenes cause havoc on the bad microbes, where as the microbes in the wine have adapted and formed a symbiotic relationship with the wine. Once the alcohol and terpenes grab the bad microbes they stand no change, they are defeated and flushed out with the wine. I would guess good and bad microbes are being absorbed into the oils but the good ones are let go. I think the microbes change from being in the alcohol during the aging processes and ultimately only the fittest survive, a sort of evolution process. that's all just a guess. I find organic wine tastes better and has a stronger effect than wine from chemically worked vineyards. It's because organic grapes have higher terpenes than modern vineyards that have depleted the soil from applying too much fertilizer over the years. Also i believe scientists just discovered that plants can eat microbes and turn them into nitrogen that they convey up the plant into the leafs. If plants are eating microbes i think it's possible there's microbes in the trichomes. It might be that plants intelligently pick the microbes to eat and some others to incorporate in the plant for immunity.

Last edited:
reeferman420

reeferman420

before my.uncle passed away he jarred gis weed for.one.year and it was fire

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

There's a magic that happens with fermentation, and don't limit your thinking to bacteria, yeast can be, and are in the case of wine, integral to this whole thing.

The question is what kind of fermentation, if any, is helpful here? Is it really what we're after?

Also, does anyone else pay attention to keeping their product out of direct light of any kind, as much as possible? I feel it does make a difference.
To my understanding, thcA and cbdA are changed into thc and cbd in the curing process actually improving the quality of the bud. I can't speak from personal experience because my bud has never lasted long enough to get a proper cure, that's just what I have read on here about curing.

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

What about hash and different types of extracts. Does the thc degrade over the years in wax or bubble hash or does it stay preserved better then weed????

Latest posts

Top Bottom