BC farmer

BC farmer

Wow superb building skilzz, great set up, i`ll be on the lookout for updates
Dank je wel Krasi:winking0067: Hope to have some next week

Nice looking set up. Subbed for sure..
Welcome aboard!

Sik Bro! Doing it proper!
:happy

wow, very nice! gonna be some dank flowin' from that room. best of luck to ya. 42o
Thats the plan bro!

That is one hell of a room! The electrical is very clean. What I love to see.
Thanks for showing how it should be done brother
Peace
Thanks man, very inspiring to read this.

thanks for sharing, love a nice build out
You are welcome my friend

I'm in for the show.
Glad you can make it

Gonna be awesome to watch.
It will be for us as well. First timer on this set up:-)

Looks great man
Thank you brother

Can't wait to see it covered in green screen!

It will truly be a sight to behold...something to be very proud of for sure;)
You know it :winking0067:

legit room. nice work
Glad you like it man!

Sick ass room, BC! I can't wait to see what goes down in this setup. Keep on rockin', bro!
Am planning too!

Very nice and clean, i'm interested in your troughs?
So are we..They are designed to hold fabric inside them but leaving around 3" of space underneath for max root aeration. Will have more pics next week and show you the finished result

I like idea that you are working with.
I have been playing with rows like that and scrog.
I like a trellis per tote, you could do 1 bigass trellis per row maybe.
I did a 3' wide trellis for each bay that was 3 1/2' wide, from the home depot 6" grid from the concrete section.
I then bent the ends 90 degrees to form upright wings.
That way, horticultural trellis could be strung across the top of the wings to provide that essential 2nd layer of support for fatty colas that will want to fall down.

With a 6" gap between each scrog screen, it made it possible to slide them out of the way to access overhead reflectors more easily.

I do believe that a supported or trellised plant will on average produce more than an unsupported one.
I do like the idea of rows of tubs on a platform that is on casters. Easier to slide things to the side to access overhead, but yet a relatively continuous scrog to be lit when rows are arranged back together.
Your rows may be too heavy, but maybe could move well enough with a grip of casters.
I also intend to add low-wattage lighting in the areas between plants, under the scrog screens, to chunk up bottom and side buds, add premium weight, and cut down on the popcorn.
I really like the practice of tiling the top of the medium with reflectix, then affixing reflectix between the containers to form a reflective floor a foot or so below the metal screen. Airflow must be more carefully managed, but the benefit of having that reflective surface so close to the canopy is more weight, and better undersides due to higher light values down there.

Exciting work. May I ask how you settled on your choice of lamp wattage?

Thank you Dankworth!
Really appreciate the time you took to enlighten us a bit more about Coco and your recipe on "The Wall of Green" thread.

As far as the lighting choice question; We prefer the less radiant heat emitted
and the better spectrum the 600 provide.

Interested in seeing a pic of the system you are referring too. I am not following exactly what you are describing with the upward wing trellis idea.

Your idea of lightening underneath the screen sounds good. My question would be where to place them and what would you do about accessibility?

We have toyed with the idea of vertical trellises in order to reach that effect of being illuminated from both sides. Something we will definitely do in the future. First things first:thinking

You boys are doing some nice work. Keep it up
Thanks bro, like wise!

Dam! I want one! Awsome job BF
Thanks for the positivity man!

BC farmer

BC farmer

Woow! Excellent room, looks very well built. Thanks for sharing
Glad we are able too. This site rocks and your positive comments make it so worthwhile to spent time on this!

Good to see you got a new thread going for this new room! I could tell from those first early shots in your other thread that this would be massive and quality! Good luck getting everything in the build finished out and getting plants in there to rock and roll! Sub'd

-Meeks
Thank you Meeks. It means a lot to us.
It turned out to be a way bigger project than we initially set out to do. We were planning to have this fired up in December.
Rock and Roll is right though bro; glad you are onboard!

C

crossouttheiis

nice build... can't wait to see you get this all up and running

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Mmmm, I do love me a good build!

Nice organization and layout on the whole setup.

I will be looking forward to seeing how this thing comes together!

You go man.

-TF

BC farmer

BC farmer

Mmmm, I do love me a good build!

Nice organization and layout on the whole setup.

I will be looking forward to seeing how this thing comes together!

You go man.

-TF

Hi TF,

Thanks for the compliment . Coming from a pro like yourself it means a lot.
I just finished reading your Coco round two, Alien Dogs of Doom thread. Aside from a good grower you keep it entertaining as well.
Your room(s) looks sharp. Very impressive and despite the RA, little fuckers. your plants look healthy, seems like you are on top of it. You must have worked hard to get it like that, well done!

dankworth

dankworth

Hey guys.
Here is some stuff in a little more detail.
Some I have learned from experience, but much of it came from the big kids at this site that left behind all the clues.

Jackmayoffer here, before he was running warehouses, had a 6k room I think with co2 and handwatered 5 gal buckets of 100% coco. He shows pics of vegging, 4 weeks apart. Though some of the last veg growth was due to stretching, it still gives a very clear picture of just what sort of growth rates 100% coco gives.

Coco/perlite is of course better than that.
And I have read in several places from the big kids that coco/hydroton gives superior performance to coco/perlite.
My theory on this is that the structure of the perlite creates turbulence in the slow progressive flow of water through the coco in the mix.
Hydroton is more round and smooth, thus promoting laminar flow where the water wants to run alongside the clay pellet while in the coco. Like water droplets want to behave. So better flow along these clay pellets, creating a very halfass gravity-fed version of nft.

I have other ideas for medium and irrigation that I will need to try out myself first before I could strongly advocate them.
We either grow a bunch of roots and then feed them, or we straight up deliver the nutes to a sufficient volume of root hairs. Check out Krusty Buckets, and Krusty's rants, he explains a lot about theories with nute delivery.

I discuss the nute formula I will be using in a thread in the nutrients section, "my thread can beat up your thread" or something. I go into some detail about what kind of NPK ratio I am looking for(I was looking to copy this smart successful guy)
and how much of each salt to achieve the exact ratio we want. Then others helped fill in the gaps in my knowledge, pretty awesome of them. 120-60-300-120-60-170something for N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S.

And pretty much everybody likes 3-1-2 for a good veg food. I have not engineered that yet out of laziness and the jug veg nutes I still have.

For veg right now, as far as a readily available, cheap, 1 part nute, I like Botanicare's CNS-17 line. Their soil/coco nute has a 3-1-2 ratio. I have been using it for a while, I like it well enough for veg. It is what I would recommend. I am sure I will tweak that formula later as I learn about the veg nute ratio game.

Now coco will contribute a bunch of K and S. K will give bigger and frostier buds, and S adds to flavor and aroma, and potency due to terpene enhancement I believe.
And 100% coco contributes proportionally more K and S than the 1/4 coco 3/4 perlite mix that I did.
So the 2-2-3 Botanicare soil/coco I used for flowering on several runs did not have enough K especially. So less weight than I should have got, and not as frosty as it would have been.

Jalisco Kid, whose nute ratios I stole, explained to someone that if you use a coco mix dtw, that you would want at least a 2.5-1 K:N ratio.
So I probably should have ran Botanicare's CNS-17 hydro food, which was 2-2-5.
The 2-2-3 I ran had too much N proportionally, which grows too much leaf, and leads to more labor in trimming. Fuck trimming labor and fuck scissors and fuck a chair for a week and a half at a time, fuck puppies and rainbows and unicorns while we're at it. I need less scissor swipes per bushel.

For badass rooting, IBA/NAA has treated me very well.
There is a thread here about rooting hormones, it has the relevant info.
Long story short, I simply pour .15-.3 ml/gal of Dip-N-Grow (1%iba, 0.5%naa) into the veg res. It makes roots blow up like we want, for basically no money.
Fuck roots excelerator.
Fuck all that shit.
Dip n grow.
Until you straight up order up yourself some of that iba and naa from the internet, that is.

Then we have bennies. There are beneficial bacteria and beneficial fungi. Lots of other people around know way more about this than me. But I know some.
The beneficial bacteria does lots of cool shit, one thing they do is protect your plants by colonizing roots so bad bacteria cannot gain a foothold. Bad bacteria is usually anaerobic(do not need o2 to live) and thrive in conditions of low o2. We like a well-oxygenated root zone for performance and disease resistance.
Lots of other things they do.
If you make EWC teas and add bennies, a small amount of bennies, then the bacteria will use the molasses and humic acid as fuel for a bloom in population. So you get a ton of bacteria for free.

I like earthworm castings(EWC, I have heard that you get what you pay for with those)
soluble kelp powder
humic acid powder
alfalfa meal
fish hydrolysate
and molasses for my teas. And the beneficial bacteria.
There are good tutorials about teas. Capulator here in the nute section with the bennies has a good tea formula I think. Teas are used at the rate of 1 cup per 5-10 gallons of res.
I get all these ingredients for cheap at the legit ag store.
You may want to add some humic and kelp to the res itself, but go light.
Alfalfa is some wonder shit. Triacontanol, aminos, macro and micro nutes, more shit than that even. Do not skip the alfalfa in your tea.

Teas will get you more per light. Teas will shorten your veg time. Teas will add flavor and aroma and potency. Teas will make your plants love you back even more. The leftover tea from the tea you make will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days. If it stinks, it has gone bad and you will not want to use it. If it stinks, it does so because bad bacteria took over.

Leaving a lot of fuel, i.e. molasses, in your res with the tea having been added will cause bacteria to keep growing, eating the molasses, then dying off, leaving you with a res full of dead bacteria. Not what you want.
This will also make the res ph drift. Then you will need to purchase and dial in ph management devices to keep your res straight. And sometimes those things fuck up from interference from digital ballasts.

You don't need a constant meter.
I use the 45.00 Hanna ph meter from the NGW catalog. I have 2. I did not pay 45 each for mine. It is accurate to .01. You want that. Get a glass of nutes, set the meter in that, get away from cords. Do not dip the thing in the res, your reading will be off. Calibrate once a week, both of them. Use both for a reading when in doubt. Be sure to store with pH 7 calibration solution in the cap. Not distilled water.

I use the budget HM digital ppm meter from years ago, it was like 30 dollars. I don't even know if it is 500 or 700 scale. I probably should have calibrated it or something. I got 2/light using it. I probably should get a second one.

IR temp device from harbor freight for 15.00. I bought 2. It will teach you lots about performance and canopy temp.

Get a $50 light meter. Take measurements. It will teach you a lot about light intensity, light penetration depth, the relationships between light intensity and yield potential out of a given area.

If you get an anemometer, no one else will know what it is, but you will. You can take relevant measurements with it. It will make you seem even more mysterious.

Read Janus's treatise on growing here at this site. It is required reading for big kids.

Take the time to read as much as you can by Jalisco Kid. Less and less of it goes over your head as time goes by I have found.
We should all take a moment every day to thank JK. Thanks, JK.

I have not played with fulvic acid, but it is supposed to make nutes more available, smarter people than me have been using it for some time now.
You will want to be ordering the 70% fulvic acid powder from the internet. I have no personal experience with fulvic, but I'm sure you can get answers from someone around here.

Capulator here at this site has the straight hookup for you with the bennies.
No one else anywhere that I know of, especially not at a store, has anywhere near the colony forming units or spore count per gram that Cap's products have. His shit is literally 18,000 times more concentrated than Great White for example. And it just takes a little bit in a tea to make a whole 5 gal bucket full of bacteria.

Cap is providing a ton of value for a stand-up price. No one else is doing this.
Anybody who would try to cockblock his business and therefore our convenient access to these bennies at this price is a bitch. A fucking bitch. Not even joking.

Drip clean is essential in my opinion, I pretty much explained why.
Carefree enzymes has the pond protector stage 2 product that I have used for 1.5 years. It helps prevent any salt buildup. 15 ml/100 gallons. This and drip clean keep things from building up. Apparently buildup sucks and causes problems, I wouldn't know because drip clean and enzymes prevent bullshit like that in my life. Burnt roots from salt pockets and then the roots rot and shit.

Lots of us here are bigger fans of around 1000 ppms at most for co2. Though some still like 1500.
Do not run any co2 last 2 weeks. It will hurt quality, flavor, aroma. And make your shit leafier. And it will piss them off, they will tell you about it. And the nugs will be too hard.
It will make your plants less happy to run co2 during flush, and less happy plants produce worse quality.

At the end, the plants want lower temps than before, different lighting, dryer temps, lower co2. They do not want the same environment they grew fast in before. They want to relax more and have a more chilled out pace. They do not want to be pushed during this time. I am talking about last 2 weeks anyways.

Stimulating SAR(systemically acquired resistance) reactions beefs up your plants, it activates a previously dormant immune system within your plants. This can be accomplished with root zone or foliar application of agents like vitamin b-1(thiamine hydrochloride), aspirin(salicylic acid), chitosan(derived from crabs or something), and harpin protein(messenger is the product name) that I can think of offhand. I do not have a handy recipe for application, I have been slacking on this for a while.
SAR rx make your plant stronger, smarter, faster. Stinkier. More resistant to stress and disease. More potent. More frosty. Fuckin' sexier. I really need to work with this input again. Hella cheap if done right, big enhancer.

In the last 2 weeks of feeding, (6&7of 9 weeks) I like to cut the base nutes in half and use the hammerhead/moab combo as popularized on by greenthumbdanny here.
2.5 mls/gal hammerhead and 1 tsp/5 gallons or something(the lowest end of the recommendation on the label) for small plants, and double that for big'uns.
There is a formula for hammerhead here that is made from 2 salts. Pretty easy.
MOAB(mother of all blooms) has 2 salts, vitamin b-1, and triacontanol, but we are not certain how much. I think it will end up being 25 ppms tria for the highest recommended application rate.
Triacontanol causes a second push in flowering that will make you fucking stoked. Serious. Bigass buds. And tria is a safe pgr to use, there is so much shit that is nasty and chemmy out there. Triacontanol actually enhances essential oil content in my opinion. I would not want to use anything that diminished quality.

I have used a product called Banana Manna, and always have got better meds with it, using 1 oz/gal for weeks 7 and 8. It enhances potency and flavor. I will be substituting my own stuff for it hopefully before too long.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I always use Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt at the rate of 1 ml/gal. I do cut back to 1/2 ml/gal in the last 2 weeks of flowering. Pro-tekt is 3.something % potassium silicate. I will be making my own later.

BTW CNS-17 I think is short on micros. I feel like it would be better with micros added.

Coco should be fed at 5.8-6.0 ph. Always. Ideally 5.8 through veg until flowers, 5.9 flowering, ending at 6.0 later in flowering.

Never flush coco with water. Ever. Except when you are rinsing out the salts for the first time, and when you flush at the end.
Coco needs to lock up a certain amount of Ca and Mg before it will let the plant have any. Rinsing with water strips that away, and then the coco will get that back the next feeding. Instead of the plant. Leaving the plant with a deficiency.
You will always want to get 20% runoff with coco if you can help it. Every time you irrigate.
Monitor your runoff ppms like LEDhead. It will teach you stuff. It will tell you when you are feeding too strong.

I would advise you to do all coco/perlite in the room.
If you do soil next to a coco mix, you will be pissed because the soil plant will grow slower and will not be ready to flower when the coco plants are. And I don't know shit about soil except that it is hella slow. And it will not yield at all like the coco buds.
Coco tends to produce larger and fewer buds in my experience. Less trimming that way, less scissor swipes per bushel.
I did do sunshine mix #4 for a few years when I was starting out.
I openly laugh at people who use that stuff now, knowing what I know about coco.
I shamed my friend into coco by mercilessly dogging his wack peat buds that I wouldn't even smoke. He will never look back either.

Coco is the one you always wanted to hang out with, and Peat was her fat cockblocking friend.

And Perlite is the one who was down to hang out with you and Coco at the same time.

jojo622

jojo622

someday ill build a room that big!!!............ beautiful build looks like your gonna have plenty of room to do as you please!

BC farmer

BC farmer

Dankworth,
re-read my answer to your question about our choice of lights and need to clear something up.
What I meant was that the main reason asides from less radiant heat is better lumens per watt, not spectrum, sorry long day..
Onwards:-)
We took some pics of our AC unit. We installed a humidifier in the plenum and will dial in our RH this way.
Also on the pics the roll of cloth for which will hold our medium and the run-off material is no folded in the middle and placed on the throughs. Stoked about our fans which we will mount hopefully tomorrow. Spent the extra coin and got these, will show soon.

Need your input Fellas.. We are undecided on a recipe for our Coco +40% Perlite.
Leaning heavily towards Botanicare but all suggestions welcome. Thanks!

IMG01171 20120224 1357
IMG01173 20120224 1359
IMG01174 20120224 1359
IMG01176 20120224 1403
IMG01178 20120224 1436
IMG01179 20120224 1438
BC farmer

BC farmer

Hey guys.
Some I have learned from experience, but much of it came from the big kids at this site that left behind all the clues.

Jackmayoffer here, before he was running warehouses, had a 6k room I think with co2 and handwatered 5 gal buckets of 100% coco. He shows pics of vegging, 4 weeks apart. Though some of the last veg growth was due to stretching, it still gives a very clear picture of just what sort of growth rates 100% coco gives.

And I have read in several places from the big kids that coco/hydroton gives superior performance to coco/perlite.
My theory on this is that the structure of the perlite creates turbulence in the slow progressive flow of water through the coco in the mix.
Hydroton is more round and smooth, thus promoting laminar flow where the water wants to run alongside the clay pellet while in the coco. Like water droplets want to behave. So better flow along these clay pellets, creating a very halfass gravity-fed version of nft.

I have other ideas for medium and irrigation that I will need to try out myself first before I could strongly advocate them.
We either grow a bunch of roots and then feed them, or we straight up deliver the nutes to a sufficient volume of root hairs. Check out Krusty Buckets, and Krusty's rants, he explains a lot about theories with nute delivery.

I discuss the nute formula I will be using in a thread in the nutrients section, "my thread can beat up your thread" or something. I go into some detail about what kind of NPK ratio I am looking for(I was looking to copy this smart successful guy)
and how much of each salt to achieve the exact ratio we want. Then others helped fill in the gaps in my knowledge, pretty awesome of them. 120-60-300-120-60-170something for N-P-K-Ca-Mg-S.

And pretty much everybody likes 3-1-2 for a good veg food. I have not engineered that yet out of laziness and the jug veg nutes I still have.

For veg right now, as far as a readily available, cheap, 1 part nute, I like Botanicare's CNS-17 line. Their soil/coco nute has a 3-1-2 ratio. I have been using it for a while, I like it well enough for veg. It is what I would recommend. I am sure I will tweak that formula later as I learn about the veg nute ratio game.

Now coco will contribute a bunch of K and S. K will give bigger and frostier buds, and S adds to flavor and aroma, and potency due to terpene enhancement I believe.
And 100% coco contributes proportionally more K and S than the 1/4 coco 3/4 perlite mix that I did.
So the 2-2-3 Botanicare soil/coco I used for flowering on several runs did not have enough K especially. So less weight than I should have got, and not as frosty as it would have been.

Jalisco Kid, whose nute ratios I stole, explained to someone that if you use a coco mix dtw, that you would want at least a 2.5-1 K:N ratio.
The 2-2-3 I ran had too much N proportionally, which grows too much leaf, and leads to more labor in trimming. Fuck trimming labor and fuck scissors and fuck a chair for a week and a half at a time, fuck puppies and rainbows and unicorns while we're at it. I need less scissor swipes per bushel.

Long story short, I simply pour .15-.3 ml/gal of Dip-N-Grow (1%iba, 0.5%naa) into the veg res. It makes roots blow up like we want, for basically no money.
Fuck roots excelerator.
Fuck all that shit.
Dip n grow.
Until you straight up order up yourself some of that iba and naa from the internet, that is.

Then we have bennies. There are beneficial bacteria and beneficial fungi. Lots of other people around know way more about this than me. But I know some.
The beneficial bacteria does lots of cool shit, one thing they do is protect your plants by colonizing roots so bad bacteria cannot gain a foothold. Bad bacteria is usually anaerobic(do not need o2 to live) and thrive in conditions of low o2. We like a well-oxygenated root zone for performance and disease resistance.
If you make EWC teas and add bennies, a small amount of bennies, then the bacteria will use the molasses and humic acid as fuel for a bloom in population. So you get a ton of bacteria for free.

I like earthworm castings(EWC, I have heard that you get what you pay for with those)
soluble kelp powder
humic acid powder
alfalfa meal
fish hydrolysate
There are good tutorials about teas. Capulator here in the nute section with the bennies has a good tea formula I think. Teas are used at the rate of 1 cup per 5-10 gallons of res.
Alfalfa is some wonder shit. Triacontanol, aminos, macro and micro nutes, more shit than that even. Do not skip the alfalfa in your tea.

Teas will get you more per light. Teas will shorten your veg time. Teas will add flavor and aroma and potency. Teas will make your plants love you back even more. The leftover tea from the tea you make will keep in the fridge for 7-10 days. If it stinks, it has gone bad and you will not want to use it. If it stinks, it does so because bad bacteria took over.

Leaving a lot of fuel, i.e. molasses, in your res with the tea having been added will cause bacteria to keep growing, eating the molasses, then dying off, leaving you with a res full of dead bacteria. Not what you want.
This will also make the res ph drift. Then you will need to purchase and dial in ph management devices to keep your res straight. And sometimes those things fuck up from interference from digital ballasts.

I use the 45.00 Hanna ph meter from the NGW catalog. I have 2. I did not pay 45 each for mine. It is accurate to .01. You want that. Get a glass of nutes, set the meter in that, get away from cords. Do not dip the thing in the res, your reading will be off. Calibrate once a week, both of them. Use both for a reading when in doubt. Be sure to store with pH 7 calibration solution in the cap. Not distilled water.

I use the budget HM digital ppm meter from years ago, it was like 30 dollars. I don't even know if it is 500 or 700 scale. I probably should have calibrated it or something. I got 2/light using it. I probably should get a second one.

IR temp device from harbor freight for 15.00. I bought 2. It will teach you lots about performance and canopy temp.

Get a $50 light meter. Take measurements. It will teach you a lot about light intensity, light penetration depth, the relationships between light intensity and yield potential out of a given area.

If you get an anemometer, no one else will know what it is, but you will. You can take relevant measurements with it. It will make you seem even more mysterious.

Read Janus's treatise on growing here at this site. It is required reading for big kids.

Take the time to read as much as you can by Jalisco Kid. Less and less of it goes over your head as time goes by I have found.

I have not played with fulvic acid, but it is supposed to make nutes more available, smarter people than me have been using it for some time now.
You will want to be ordering the 70% fulvic acid powder from the internet. I have no personal experience with fulvic, but I'm sure you can get answers from someone around here.

No one else anywhere that I know of, especially not at a store, has anywhere near the colony forming units or spore count per gram that Cap's products have. His shit is literally 18,000 times more concentrated than Great White for example. And it just takes a little bit in a tea to make a whole 5 gal bucket full of bacteria.

Cap is providing a ton of value for a stand-up price. No one else is doing this.
Anybody who would try to cockblock his business and therefore our convenient access to these bennies at this price is a bitch. A fucking bitch. Not even joking.

Carefree enzymes has the pond protector stage 2 product that I have used for 1.5 years. It helps prevent any salt buildup. 15 ml/100 gallons. This and drip clean keep things from building up. Apparently buildup sucks and causes problems, I wouldn't know because drip clean and enzymes prevent bullshit like that in my life. Burnt roots from salt pockets and then the roots rot and shit.

Lots of us here are bigger fans of around 1000 ppms at most for co2. Though some still like 1500.
Do not run any co2 last 2 weeks. It will hurt quality, flavor, aroma. And make your shit leafier. And it will piss them off, they will tell you about it. And the nugs will be too hard.
It will make your plants less happy to run co2 during flush, and less happy plants produce worse quality.

At the end, the plants want lower temps than before, different lighting, dryer temps, lower co2. They do not want the same environment they grew fast in before. They want to relax more and have a more chilled out pace. They do not want to be pushed during this time. I am talking about last 2 weeks anyways.

Stimulating SAR(systemically acquired resistance) reactions beefs up your plants, it activates a previously dormant immune system within your plants. This can be accomplished with root zone or foliar application of agents like vitamin b-1(thiamine hydrochloride), aspirin(salicylic acid), chitosan(derived from crabs or something), and harpin protein(messenger is the product name) that I can think of offhand. I do not have a handy recipe for application, I have been slacking on this for a while.
SAR rx make your plant stronger, smarter, faster. Stinkier. More resistant to stress and disease. More potent. More frosty. Fuckin' sexier. I really need to work with this input again. Hella cheap if done right, big enhancer.

In the last 2 weeks of feeding, (6&7of 9 weeks) I like to cut the base nutes in half and use the hammerhead/moab combo as popularized on by greenthumbdanny here.
2.5 mls/gal hammerhead and 1 tsp/5 gallons or something(the lowest end of the recommendation on the label) for small plants, and double that for big'uns.
MOAB(mother of all blooms) has 2 salts, vitamin b-1, and triacontanol, but we are not certain how much. I think it will end up being 25 ppms tria for the highest recommended application rate.
Triacontanol causes a second push in flowering that will make you fucking stoked. Serious. Bigass buds. And tria is a safe pgr to use, there is so much shit that is nasty and chemmy out there. Triacontanol actually enhances essential oil content in my opinion. I would not want to use anything that diminished quality.

I have used a product called Banana Manna, and always have got better meds with it, using 1 oz/gal for weeks 7 and 8. It enhances potency and flavor. I will be substituting my own stuff for it hopefully before too long.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but I always use Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt at the rate of 1 ml/gal. I do cut back to 1/2 ml/gal in the last 2 weeks of flowering. Pro-tekt is 3.something % potassium silicate. I will be making my own later.

BTW CNS-17 I think is short on micros. I feel like it would be better with micros added.

Coco should be fed at 5.8-6.0 ph. Always. Ideally 5.8 through veg until flowers, 5.9 flowering, ending at 6.0 later in flowering.

Never flush coco with water. Ever. Except when you are rinsing out the salts for the first time, and when you flush at the end.
Coco needs to lock up a certain amount of Ca and Mg before it will let the plant have any. Rinsing with water strips that away, and then the coco will get that back the next feeding. Instead of the plant. Leaving the plant with a deficiency.
You will always want to get 20% runoff with coco if you can help it. Every time you irrigate.
Monitor your runoff ppms like LEDhead. It will teach you stuff. It will tell you when you are feeding too strong.

If you do soil next to a coco mix, you will be pissed because the soil plant will grow slower and will not be ready to flower when the coco plants are. And I don't know shit about soil except that it is hella slow. And it will not yield at all like the coco buds.
Coco tends to produce larger and fewer buds in my experience. Less trimming that way, less scissor swipes per bushel.
I openly laugh at people who use that stuff now, knowing what I know about coco.
I shamed my friend into coco by mercilessly dogging his wack peat buds that I wouldn't even smoke. He will never look back either.

Coco is the one you always wanted to hang out with, and Peat was her fat cockblocking friend.

And Perlite is the one who was down to hang out with you and Coco at the same time.

Here is some stuff in a a little more detail ?? lol.
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and the time you took to write this .
Going to find sometime over the weekend to re-read all of this a few times and absorb it all.
Peace,
BCF

BC farmer

BC farmer

Hey guys.

Fuck roots excelerator.
Fuck all that shit.
Dip n grow.

soluble kelp powder
humic acid powder
alfalfa meal
fish hydrolysate

Hi Dankworth,

Fuck it ,couldn't sleep, too excited. This project has been a while in the making and we are getting so close to the finish line..
Sleeping is for communists !

Was I reading correctly you might start your own line of nutes or did I misread that?
I would like to sort of put this in chronological order/recap what you wrote and create a recipe for week one, two three etc. Would you please tell me if I left something out?

Do you pre-charge your Coco? We buy the Canna Coco bags. Canna says they pre-charge them. Do you still flush the Coco before using? When we fill up our throughs what do you recommend we flush it with before putting the ladies in, if so?

If we were to go with hydroton, what ratio would you use?

You then recommend;

CNS17 . You mentioned you would like to see some added micros. Why and which kind of micro's would you suggest?

Dyna Grow Pro Tekt (cut back to 1/2ml in the last two weeks of flowering)

You have sold us on Tea's but I have never used them. How do you prepare yours? How often? In what stages?
Do you use all of them combined or individual? You mention :
kelp powder, Humic acid powder, alfalfa, fish hydrolysate and molasses+bennies(I will shoot a pm to Capulator after this post and ask if he could hook us up with some)

Drip Clean; every time you feed in combination with
Carefree Enzymes, pond protector stage 2 product?

We run our Co2 around 1200/1100 so we are close there. C02 is reduced last 1/3 of flower as well.

Same page for Foliar feeds. We have been using Liquid light / saturator combo which does pretty things for our ladies..We haven't figured out why they recommend to do the application with lights on for at least 4 hours but it works.

Last two weeks of flower cut base nutes in half, apply hammerhead/moab combo.

Not familiar with banana Manna but will look into it and get back on that.

Will study LEDHead posts for run off checks.

On the Wall of Green thread (things are on the mend there finally) you mentioned once every two weeks flush. Drip clean and Pro tekt and some B1? Or is there something more fitting?

Do you use any Epsoms salts with your regular feeds or is it unnecessary with this recipe?

Runoff between 20 and 50%.
What are your suggestions for RH and temperature?

BCF

K

kushtrees

dankworth that was an epic post, i love how much i found myself just saying yes to it haha

BC farmer super clean grow room and sweet build pics makes me want to expand!!

I use coco hydrotron currently, used to use perlite hydrotron though. you can use any ratio of coco to what ever I used to go 50/50 only had to water 1-2 times a day (2 times when they had completely rooted the pot), I like 25/75 coco hydrotron now I water 4-6 times a day usually DTW and the growth rate is amazing

personally I like hydrotron over perlite, its bigger so it drains better and theres more air pockets (for lack of a better term right now lil stoney), but make sure you wash it real good cuz the dust is very basic and will fuck with your ph, gets better as you reuse it though less dust. perlite is much easier to deal with though but wear a mask when dealing with it that dust is apparently not good to breath in

good luck with your grow looks like your going to kill it

+rep to u both

dankworth

dankworth

No line of nutes. Hopefully that G.O.D. guy on this site will see if the formula works out well, and produce it himself. That way we all win. I personally have no interest in doing a nute line, there are already too many people other than me with college educations that know more about that sort of thing. But very few of them bang out crops.

I like 3-1-2 veg food through end of wk 1 of flower. Then I switch to 1/2 veg food, 1/2 flowering food in week 2. This is because I have a strain that starts putting on the flowers in week 2. If you had a strain that put on flowers in week 3, maybe wait until then to go to 1/2 veg food 1/2 flower food.

Then I feed straight flowering food weeks 3-5. Weeks 6 and 7, I cut flowering food in half, then do the hammerhead/moab combo. I do make my own hammerhead. It is only composed of 2 different salts, so it is easy to do.
I should clarify, I simply adjust the amount of salts I weigh out to be as if I was adding hammerhead.
The new hammerhead does not share the values of the old 0-9-18 hammerhead from AN, and is stupid. Because AN sucks pretty bad for a nute company.
So I am left buying only MOAB, drip clean, and banana manna from stores, and make just about everything else.

I used to use the liquid light/penetrator combo in years back, but did not like how they got all weird with the leaf angles if I used too much. I shied away from it a few years ago. But it did seem to enhance growth rate. I found myself wondering just what was in it, if it was all regular nutrients or if it was something weird that promoted the exact effects. Wish I knew more.
Jalisco Kid knows more about foliar than I do, check his posts out. He has a foliar thread. In it he talks about taking somebody's bubba that balked at inputs, and got it to handle way more light with foliar inputs. So we can use more light earlier, cutting veg time further.
I will start playing with foliar again before too long.

Bennies in a diluted tea would be good, colonize the leaf surface to outcompete botrytis later maybe. I like a lightweight version of my veg or flowering food(1/4 strength at most) with the tea added, but no enzymes and no drip clean in the foliar application. Bio-ag has the ful-power pruduct, I would pick up a liter of that and add it to the foliar food. It is fulvic acid. Haven't used it yet.

With your planter boxes, you can vary nute and foliar formulas for each row a little bit to find advantages.

To make a tea, put like 4 gals of water in a 5 gal bucket.
I put in 2 handfuls earthworm castings
2 handfuls alfalfa
2 tsp soluble kelp powder
2 tsp humic acid powder
maybe 30 mls molasses
and 20-30 mls of fish hydrolysate(find it in the NGW catalog)

Then you get an air pump and air stones, and put them in your tea, and bubble the tea for a while at like 70 degrees or so. For 1-2 days.
It is ready when you see the big bubbles.
Tutorials in more detail are somewhere around this site.
If it stinks it has gone bad, don't use it.
It will be ready faster if you use more air.
Make sure to leave the sediment behind when you harvest the tea and store it in the fridge in gallon jugs.
There are undoubtedly people that know far more about teas than me.
But this would get you started for now.

I always add enzymes to all nutes, including the flush.
Drip clean says on the bottle to add it in from the beginning. If you start using it late in the game, it might not work out for you. Best not to take the chance, my buddy started using it mid-flower and I think it led to his material tasting off. But I could be wrong about the drip clean causing that.

I usually advocate 20% runoff with coco to be on the safe side.

But when you are correcting nute deficiencies, you want to get like 50% runoff until your shit is fixed. That way the coco will collect all the Ca and Mg it needs, for example, and stops robbing it from the plant.

Never ever get under 20% runoff in coco if you can help it. This is part of the problem that many have with coco.
Never let coco sit in its own runoff. The runoff got robbed of Ca and Mg on its way through. Sitting in runoff causes the salts remaining to build up, instead of getting rinsed out. And the runoff is short in the Ca and Mg. So plant shows deficiencies because of all these things.
Coco slowly decays. We are actually feeding the coco, and feeding the plant.

The flush should only come at the end, for two weeks. Never flush during veg or flowering with straight water. It will fuck up the coco and the plant. Always feed coco with food. Overfed? Feed with 50% runoff at a lesser strength. Never plain water.

As far as your plants in the wall of green, the ones beginning to flower, I would start using drip clean with them, and feed them Botanicare cns-17 hydro(2-2-5) with 1 gram epsom/gal added.
First pro-tekt in res.
Then diluted epsom.
Then diluted cns-17 hydro.
Then enzymes.
Then add teas(1 cup per 5-10 gallons)
Then pH to 5.8-6.0.
Then add diluted drip clean.
Wait 20 minutes until drip clean is all done thoroughly mixing in your res.
Then you can irrigate.
Some recommend res temps at 68 degrees.
Some recommend res temps at 7-9 degrees below ambient temp for best nute uptake.
I irrigate around 70 degrees when I am bumping co2.
Might have to look into separately added micros. Like a micro mix. Can't advise in much more detail than that about micros right now, but Capulator who does the bennies knows about looking for micros more than I do.

My formula already contains enough epsom salts I believe, so no more should need to be added.

I like 70% rh until flowers form, then I start backing it up progressively as flowers get bigger to mitigate disease risk. It is a fine balance to strike, the high rh promotes higher growth rates we want, but becomes riskier as the floral clusters get bigger.
What will happen is when lights go out, temp drops, rh rises, rh rises inside the bud! and that is where you can get fucked.
Beginning of night cycle and beginning of day cycle is the times where devices like dehumidifiers, if not governed correctly, will allow rh to get out of hand.
Some "preload" their air to 55% rh 1 hour before lights off earlier in flower, so when temps go down, rh peaks at no more than 70%.
Early in flower, if I run 70% day, I still shoot for like 60% at night.
I have a very strong suspicion that keeping your nighttime temps within 5 degrees of daytime temps is a critical key to optimizing weight gain.
All the bumper crops I have had have had very little variance between day and night temps.
I do allow lower temps at end of flower, day 75, night 65-68, my plants wanted this from me.
I like 78-80 during periods of high growth rate.

Canna is great coco, prerinsed, awesome. It gave me root aphids and fucked me out of a whole bunch of things in life.
Capulator's foliar pack contains beneficial fungal strains that will colonize and kill off root aphids, and can be drenched in.
Whatever you do, do not fuck around. Get that shit from Cap and drench it in. You do not need any more pest problems, or want to fuck with weird pesticides. Cap's foliar pack is as safe as houses. Ounces of prevention and all.

I have learned a ton from the plants. I get high as fuck and chill with them. Cardio opens certain things up for me.
I try to get to a point where everything else in my head goes away when I am chilling with them.
Then they communicate more.
It is like learning dogs.
It is in fact the things that the plants have told me that have driven all of my recommendations on inputs. I don't mean that I judge by leaf angles and such, and they "tell" me things by purely physical displays, I mean that they literally communicate feelings about inputs to me.
It sounds farfetched until it happens to you on a regular basis.
At a certain point in this process they will tell you things when you are miles away.
I try to hook them up, and they try to save me.
That has had more to do with me getting to .9 grams per watt so far than any other single thing. I cannot overemphasize this.
They are going to help me break a gram a watt in my room, we work as a team.

I approach this phenomena from a technical perspective like everything else.

Edit- If you have the means, I would recommend using 75% hydroton like kushtrees. Less coco=more irrigations=more oxygenation=higher growth rates=higher annual output=whiter sand on your beach=wilder sex parties held in your honor.
:banana1sv6:

Edit-I would fill up the beds with medium, and pre-load the medium by running the same nute formula you use for the vegging plants. Get 50% runoff. That should be legit. Then transplant.
Do not forget about Capulator's foliar pack that kills off root aphids. Absolutely get this stuff and drench it in with your nutes. Canna coco, while the best in many ways, is commonly known to be at risk of having root aphids. Root aphids are the devil.
Unfortunately this stuff(agents in foliar pack) is fungal, not bacterial.
So it does not propagate in teas like the bacteria. So you will need more of his foliar pack than the root and nute packs.
If you are properly funded, I would recommend having some extra of his 3 types of bennies on standby. Especially that foliar for the root aphids.
People are raving about how well their plants are growing because of applying teas made with his root and nute packs

I would recommend teas with all feedings, veg and flower.

Edit-google Integral Hydroponics Page Coco Substrate. I learned a whole bunch about coco from that page.

Edit-you can probably slack on getting the micros for a bit.
I have run w/cns-17 and no micros, but that may have been part of what was missing. Something was missing to me. Longer story about this.

hort-hog

hort-hog

Sex parties in our honor?

That's worth working hard for! Giddyup:banana1sv6:

BC farmer

BC farmer

We transplanted the girls 7 days ago. Roots are popping nicely through the cloth material and they are enjoying their new home.
There is 5 troughs in total. We are going to compare three different mediums with three different food types and one fully organic bed.
It will be between the Hydro Fuel line and GH in different soil types and the organic bed is General Organics. Check photos for the medium specs.

We ran into difficulty today with the AC. It appears some mods are in order to the ducting of the AC as we are barely able to keep our temps (day =78 F and 70 % RH, night= 71 F . The ducting we chose is 14" reduced to 12'' and arms out of 6''. Called the company we bought it off today who told us we should have used a 14" straight length piece..For now it is working but summers here get hot, desert climate in addition once the screens are up there is little we can do.

All with all this grow will be done as sustainable (ahum) as possible. We used the AWings and hope they turn out to be the shit the company claims them to be (still have yet to hear their response from our letter to them ) and the water that is being caught from the dehu and humidifier/ac is directed to a small pump which then pumps it back into the holding res.This is RO water so by the time it recirculates its distilled.
12k watts over a 20 x20 ...
Zero waste is what we are trying for. Run off will be used for tomatoes outside in the summers :-)

We watered them in with some Superthrive for the transplant and today we fed them for the first time and bumped up the Co2 to 1000. Enough said, I hope you will enjoy this grow. Here are the pics.

P3190133
P3190134
P3190135
P3190136
P3190137
P3190139
P3190140
P3190141
P3190143
P3190144
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Looking sweet! I love those planters. It looks like you are running different media to see what blend works best for you?

Keep up the great work.

-TF

Latest posts

Top Bottom