20 light, 25 plant, Screen of Green

• Thread starter BC farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Great 1st time. You made it threw! I say to Veg longer or place maybe another row in to pack all that area in. Sure some of those buds where size of your head!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wish we could,plant max is 25 so unfortunately that is no option..

Clearly, you don't need more plants. You've done extremely well, and the yield increases from here will be incremental. Getting your strain more dialed in so you know when it fills the screen fully, plus working the details; adding in some MH or other spectrum enhancements, maintaining humidity levels at optimum, etc.

One more thing to be careful of, and that is to be sure that whatever improvements you make, you don't end up doing more harm than good!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

the finished product looks an awful lot like sour diesel. Have you come across any b.c. hashplant? Once again great grow, looking forward to the next. 23 is nothing to mess with.

purpleberry

purpleberry

You killed it with 600s, I think the biggest gaim you will see is if you can add 1000s instead of a extra row of lights. Youd add %40 and put you at 30 easy. I do the screens also, and if you can get a stretchy og you will cut the veg time down, You only need the screen half full and you can fill it the first 7-10 days of 12/12 and they will go 24" over the screen. Really works out nice.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Forgot to ask - How many days into stretch before you let them grow through the screen? I usually fill the screen about 70%, then flip, and then let them thru with about 7-8 days of stretch left. You can also let them thru early & fix them along the top of the screen with twist ties or pipe cleaners. This works well for detailed placement where desired.

BC farmer

BC farmer

the finished product looks an awful lot like sour diesel. Have you come across any b.c. hashplant? Once again great grow, looking forward to the next. 23 is nothing to mess with.
We have in the past yes, phenominal producer.
I agree it has a lot of similarities of the sour diesel.We obtained this strain from a small hippie community in the interior of BC who have been using it for some time now. Not sure where it originated from before them

BC farmer

BC farmer

You killed it with 600s, I think the biggest gaim you will see is if you can add 1000s instead of a extra row of lights. Youd add %40 and put you at 30 easy. I do the screens also, and if you can get a stretchy og you will cut the veg time down, You only need the screen half full and you can fill it the first 7-10 days of 12/12 and they will go 24" over the screen. Really works out nice.

Sounds like you have it down. Thank you for the advice Purpleberry.
We have been toying with the idea and decided not too on this round as we feel we could do well/improve what we have without adding. Likely on the next round though. We were thinking 4 x1000 spread out evenly.
Sticking with MM as the smoke is quite unique..Feedback has been really good.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sounds like you have it down. Thank you for the advice Purpleberry.
We have been toying with the idea and decided not too on this round as we feel we could do well/improve what we have without adding. Likely on the next round though. We were thinking 4 x1000 spread out evenly.
Sticking with MM as the smoke is quite unique..Feedback has been really good.

'Feedback has been really good.' That's the sound of music (Ka-Ching!) right there, and a strong argument for not changing a damn thing for the next run. I think a few minor tweaks may be in order, but first I'm gonna weigh in on the 1000w discussion and go thumbs down, at least for your op.

Why? First, you have very limited vertical space; it's taken up with troughs and screen, etc. So, you've compensated by creating- at great expense of time and labor, if not materials- an excellent level canopy, finely matched to the intensity and penetration of the 600w lights you're currently using. The even distribution of light created by all those 600w lights combined with your canopy management approach is most responsible for the fabulous results you just got.

The level canopy style you've chosen is perfectly matched with the light penetration characteristics of the 600s you have, because of its limited depth from kola tops to bottom buds of about a foot. What 1000w lights will do is allow for taller plants, but you can't use- and frankly, have no need for- taller plants, as your level canopy is already producing both top quality and excellent yield. This will cost a shitload of money and my bet is you'll just have more larf to show for it. The other thing 1000w lights will do is screw up that awesome light distribution pattern you've already spent all the money on. Without plenty of vertical height, you'll get hot spots and dark zones all over the room... useless. If you still wanna go with 4x1kW instead of your array of 600s, let me know, I'll trade you!

BC farmer

BC farmer

'Feedback has been really good.' That's the sound of music (Ka-Ching!) right there, and a strong argument for not changing a damn thing for the next run. I think a few minor tweaks may be in order, but first I'm gonna weigh in on the 1000w discussion and go thumbs down, at least for your op.

Why? First, you have very limited vertical space; it's taken up with troughs and screen, etc. So, you've compensated by creating- at great expense of time and labor, if not materials- an excellent level canopy, finely matched to the intensity and penetration of the 600w lights you're currently using. The even distribution of light created by all those 600w lights combined with your canopy management approach is most responsible for the fabulous results you just got.

The level canopy style you've chosen is perfectly matched with the light penetration characteristics of the 600s you have, because of its limited depth from kola tops to bottom buds of about a foot. What 1000w lights will do is allow for taller plants, but you can't use- and frankly, have no need for- taller plants, as your level canopy is already producing both top quality and excellent yield. This will cost a shitload of money and my bet is you'll just have more larf to show for it. The other thing 1000w lights will do is screw up that awesome light distribution pattern you've already spent all the money on. Without plenty of vertical height, you'll get hot spots and dark zones all over the room... useless. If you still wanna go with 4x1kW instead of your array of 600s, let me know, I'll trade you!

You are making a very good point as usual.
I think to clarify, It should be mentioned that our idea of the 4x1000 was to add to the exsisting array of 600's, not replace them. That being the case after reading your comments, If we were to be adding more light, perhaps one other row of 5x600's might be a better option?

For now yes some tweaking is all we will do. My bro installed a 4g an hour humidifier fed from the RO res which appears to be keeping the room where we want. Still to be determined if it does the trick when the ac fully kicks in. (right now not running all lights)
We also need another dehu for night time, on the hunt for that now.

ttystikk

ttystikk

You are making a very good point as usual.
I think to clarify, It should be mentioned that our idea of the 4x1000 was to add to the exsisting array of 600's, not replace them. That being the case after reading your comments, If we were to be adding more light, perhaps one other row of 5x600's might be a better option?

For now yes some tweaking is all we will do. My bro installed a 4g an hour humidifier fed from the RO res which appears to be keeping the room where we want. Still to be determined if it does the trick when the ac fully kicks in. (right now not running all lights)
We also need another dehu for night time, on the hunt for that now.

You'd mentioned 'way back at the beginning of this thread that you were leaning towards a 600 for each plant site. In your shoes, I would try that first and see if you get the results you want. I'm betting you will. Another advantage; staying with one size of light helps keep the spare parts requirement down, too.

Also, I'm getting lots of good feedback from people running 50/50 chow mix with hydroton and either a very light fluffy soilless mix or coco. I'm one of those people; my stuff is growing as fast as anything else ever did for me, and it's soooo trouble free...

I have a Panasonic 70 pint dehuey and it's adequate for me, but you'd need at least two of them. Keeping your day and night temps close together is also helpful in keeping control of RH. Perhaps your biggest issue here is your use of AC units, which dry out the air, forcing you to add more, which loads up the dehuey... vicious circle. As an interim measure, try shutting off all humidification a few hours before lights out, to help get ahead of the curve. That might help your current dehuey soldier on long eongh for you find the unit you want.

Top Bottom