2000w-coco-Purple Kush-DTW-scrog-med grow

• Thread starter Raiderfan420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raiderfan420

Set-up
10x7x7 flower room under my house
I framed the room and used therma board for the walls. Since there is no subfloor( it's dirt) I leveled out the ground and used 4" of pea gravel under rubber pond liner.

4'x4'x4' veg box. I attched the frame to my floor joist. I sided with therma board and made a basin out of pond liner with a drain.
-2x 1000w switchable ballasts/air cooled reflectors with -glass/mover
-MH and HPS bulbs
-6" vortec exhaust with 3 passive intakes
- 2 12" oscilating fans
- oscilating heater
-9000 btu portable ac/de-humidifyer
-2 4'x4' trays with drain hose run outside
-R/O into 55 gal res that is gravity fed to a watering wand in the flower room and a 20 gal res gravity fed to wand for veg box.
-12 7 gal smart pots
-medium is B'cuzz coco coir
-nutes House and Garden per the H&G feeding chart

So to catch you up, I switched to 12/12 24 days ago. I added a couple dual 4' floros to the sides.

This is the before shot
Before 3 comp

Here are a couple of the progress shots
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 3

2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 4

Here is the progress so far
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 5

Trays comp

2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 7

This is when I put up the scrog screen
Scrog 001 comp

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Watering system comp
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 9
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 10
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 11
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 12
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 13
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 14
2000w coco purple kush dtw scrog med grow 15
R

Raiderfan420

I am doing a perpetual grow. I made a DIY aeroponics cloner and currently have 12 clones in the veg box and 4 bag seed plants that haven't shown sex yet.

Here is the cloner I made..it cost about $70 including the pump.

Cloner 002 comp

Here is how I hung my veg box

10 28 010 comp

These are the babies..they have been vegging under t-5s for 2 weeks and will veg for another 6 weeks.

11 22 017 comp

purpleberry

purpleberry

Dang your rocking. Cant wait to see the Purplekush done.

R

Raiderfan420

Hey thanks purple! I hear ya, it's the only Christmas present I am waiting for. :harvest:

D

DazedNconfussed

yeah the cloner is pretty sweet...I'm trying to build one myself like that....how does it work, is it a water pump with sprinkler attachments....does that differ from DWC......

D

DazedNconfussed

also, do you use a resivior (sp?)...for the cloner?

R

Raiderfan420

nice setup - looking good.

what kind of screen is that?

As you can see from the pics I framed the screen with pvc..what can't you make out of pvc..lol Anyway I picked up some plastic pultry fencing form home depot, unfortunatley I had to cut the squares larger which was a pain in the ass and took a while. Also, the screen is only 42" wide so it doesn't stretch the entire width so I'll probably use something different next time.

Nice set-up I like that cloner

Thanks, It was really easy to make. Probably took 45 mins.

yeah the cloner is pretty sweet...I'm trying to build one myself like that....how does it work, is it a water pump with sprinkler attachments....does that differ from DWC......

Here is a link to DIY cloner that I used..It works great. Roots in about 10 days. Oh, I didn't put the little cages in the holes.. not sure why you need them.

http://www.invalid.com/do-yourself/214255-diy-aeroponic-clone-box.html

also, do you use a resivior (sp?)...for the cloner?

I picked up the tub from home depot and it is the res. I also used a dome, but it isn't necessary because the roots get plenty of hum. I just dipped the stems in clone gel and slip into the neopreme circles. I used the same water for entire cycle. My buddy has one that he paid $350 for and mine works just as well. For mine, the pump was 50 bucks and the rest cost less than 20.

Here is the top of the cloner..This tub is dark so I didn't have to paint it or anything. The roots have to be kept in the dark.
Cloner 001

Here is a shot of the stems before they root

10 28 002 comp

And one after 10 days in the cloner

11 4 002 comp

And this is just the tops in the cloner

10 28 003 comp

D

DazedNconfussed

how do you like those neopreme circles...i seen those at a hydro shop and wondered how they work compared to the other mediums like rockwool....

R

Raiderfan420

how do you like those neopreme circles...i seen those at a hydro shop and wondered how they work compared to the other mediums like rockwool....

Actually I am not using them as a medium, it's aeroponics, there is no medium, just the constant water spraying on the stems/roots. The rings just hold the cuttings in place and keep the water contained in the tub.

lollipopman

lollipopman

very nice, me like..sorry for the bengal comment i just lost a bet with rolln j with that game...

R

Raiderfan420

very nice, me like..sorry for the bengal comment i just lost a bet with rolln j with that game...

Thanks Man. No worries, I just lost my ass on the Cowboy game. The spread was 13.5, we just beat the bengals, it should be a no brainer right? Not when it's the Raiders..:mad0233:

Thanks for stoppin by

R

Raiderfan420

Day 26 12/12

So this is the last week of multizym and I start budxl next feeding. I know some folks start counting flowering days from the actual start of the buds, but it is 26 days from the day I flipped the switch.
The stretch has slowed and the buds are starting to fill out a bit. I am amazed at how crystaly and sticky they are already. The smell is amazingly sweet and pungent. I am currently using a DIY carbon filter http://www.invalid.com/indoor-growing/7074-easy-build-diy-carbon-filter.html but am going to shop for a better one next week. It works decent, I mean it is definatley night and day inside and outside the room, but I would like to have zero odor.

Anyway, here are some pics tonight.

11 27 002 comp
11 27 006 comp
11 27 008 comp
11 27 009 comp
11 27 012 comp
11 27 014 comp
R

Raiderfan420

Lots of crystals last night. Here are couple pics. The second pic is a lcose up of about 8 down the clola to give an idea of how sticky the buds are getting all the way down. tommorow will be the end of the fourth week.:talking

11 28 011 comp
11 28 006 comp
11 28 015 comp
Y

yayarea

Nice! I am running PK also this round, I am noticing some deficiencies I think due to my tap water being 400ppm. Are you going with straight RO water or a tap water RO mix? Also how long do you veg and what is the expected yield per plant? Once again nice looking plants and setup. Peace

R

Raiderfan420

Nice! I am running PK also this round, I am noticing some deficiencies I think due to my tap water being 400ppm. Are you going with straight RO water or a tap water RO mix? Also how long do you veg and what is the expected yield per plant? Once again nice looking plants and setup. Peace

Thanks Bro. I run r/o with 0 ppm before nutes. I vegged this batch for 30 ,days under 2000w mh. Going forward I will be veggining under t-5's until I move them to the flower room and then I will run another 7-10 days under the mh bulbs before I switch to hps and 12/12. As far as the yeild this is my first grow, but pk is a medium yeilder. I have a friend that has had good yeilds from pk. It also depends on where you get the clones too as pk is a clone only strain. These girls are SR71 clones from a mother that is first generation from oaksterdam. As you probably already know, yeild depends on many factors though..medium, gowing envirement, nutes, veg time, lighting etc.
IMO it doens't get much better than pk smoke though:smoke

R

Raiderfan420

Day 30 flower

Thought I would throw a couple more pics up. Feel free to comment.:)

12 1 008 comp2
12 1 008 comp
12 1 014 comp
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thanks Bro. I run r/o with 0 ppm before nutes. I vegged this batch for 30 ,days under 2000w mh. Going forward I will be veggining under t-5's until I move them to the flower room and then I will run another 7-10 days under the mh bulbs before I switch to hps and 12/12. As far as the yeild this is my first grow, but pk is a medium yeilder. I have a friend that has had good yeilds from pk. It also depends on where you get the clones too as pk is a clone only strain. These girls are SR71 clones from a mother that is first generation from oaksterdam. As you probably already know, yeild depends on many factors though..medium, gowing envirement, nutes, veg time, lighting etc.
IMO it doens't get much better than pk smoke though:smoke
Damn, I'm diggin' your DIY style... I've got the SR-71 Purple Kush clone from Oaksterdam, but it's prob not 1st gen... Your girls look perfect and I just can't seem to figure her out. Any suggestions on PPM's or what nutrients she really likes such as Ca and Mg? Thx... :sign0005:

Top Bottom