2000w-coco-Purple Kush-DTW-scrog-med grow

• Thread starter Raiderfan420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Raiderfan420

Damn, I'm diggin' your DIY style... I've got the SR-71 Purple Kush clone from Oaksterdam, but it's prob not 1st gen... Your girls look perfect and I just can't seem to figure her out. Any suggestions on PPM's or what nutrients she really likes such as Ca and Mg? Thx... :sign0005:

I have had great success with the house and garden nutes. I ran a real low ppm at first..like 400 ppm and built it up from there and am now at 900 ppm. I will finish around 1100-1200ppm. I start with 0 ppm r/o water. I am using coco coir medium too, so there is no question what they get for nutes as coco is a stable medium. As far as cal/mag the a/b house and garden has it in it already so I haven't had to suppliment anything, but I understand. The pk does like an extra nitrogen boost mid flower if your nute schedule doesn't already supply one. I had some minor ph issues in the beginning and dropped my ph down to 5.5 and they love it.:fixed:
If you are running soil, you would want a higher ph though. Feel free to post your ste-up on here if you have anymore questions. I'll answer anything I can.
What medium are you using?

H

HighTolerance

Looking good raiderfan420. that PK never seems to amaze me.

MtnGoat3

MtnGoat3

That's a nice cloner and a nice setup. Amazing roots after 10 days. Looks like its going to be a beautiful harvest.

S

SimplyGreen

I've got my eye on this one and it's been looking good. I've got the same size med scrog going with the same number of plants in b'cuzz under 2k watts myself. I'm about 26 or 27 days behind you so it's nice being able to sorta look ahead a few weeks. Keep it green bro!

R

Raiderfan420

Looking good raiderfan420. that PK never seems to amaze me.

Thanks I think. I love to smoke pk is why I chose it. It was more important for me to try and grow some sticky chronic than the yeild. I understand the pk isn't a huge yeilder, but it tastes oh so good.:rasta:
Mmm, nice and frosty.
Thanks Mantis, they are getting so sticky and smell like a mix of cotton candy, lemon, and skunk. lol It smells better then that would indicate. lol

That's a nice cloner and a nice setup. Amazing roots after 10 days. Looks like its going to be a beautiful harvest.
Thank you very much for the compliments. Yeah that cloner works like magic. I am going to cut some shoots off the bag seed babies aand put them in the cloner,,as soon as roots start I am going to flower undr a t-5 to find out which are packin nutz and which have the flowers...this will seperate the ladies from boys:character0103:

I've got my eye on this one and it's been looking good. I've got the same size med scrog going with the same number of plants in b'cuzz under 2k watts myself. I'm about 26 or 27 days behind you so it's nice being able to sorta look ahead a few weeks. Keep it green bro!

Sweet Bro. Do you have a diary started? I would lovr to check it out. Sounds like we are on the same page,
What nutes are running?

I have been dealing with some critters the last few day.
I am currently usung organic garlic/yacca concentrate as drench, I have see some root aphyds, but have found some of their larvae sqiurming around in the coco. nothing on the plants though so the foler spray must be working, I picked up some nemetodes that I will be wattering in after the next feeding with the garlic/yucca extract just incase the nematodes don't like the garlic.

H

HighTolerance

Thanks I think. I love to smoke pk is why I chose it. It was more important for me to try and grow some sticky chronic than the yeild. I understand the pk isn't a huge yeilder, but it tastes oh so good.:rasta:

HAHAHAHAHA, LOL. I meant to say it never seems to stop amazing me. HAHAHAH.

My bad for sounding like a jerk, the PK you are growing looks top notch man.

R

Raiderfan420

HAHAHAHAHA, LOL. I meant to say it never seems to stop amazing me. HAHAHAH.

My bad for sounding like a jerk, the PK you are growing looks top notch man.

That is too funny. I read it twice and was like "ok pal, thanks for your opinion! LOL:mad0233: I didinn't know it was you Bro..funny shit.

R

Rolln J

lol I read that too and was like hmmm - that dont seem like HT - its hard to understand what people mean - texting/forums - Im very sarcastic - so I prolly come off like an ass a lot!

H

HighTolerance

That is too funny. I read it twice and was like "ok pal, thanks for your opinion! LOL:mad0233: I didinn't know it was you Bro..funny shit.

lol I read that too and was like hmmm - that dont seem like HT - its hard to understand what people mean - texting/forums - Im very sarcastic - so I prolly come off like an ass a lot!

No joke, when I read this I literally started laughing out loud. I think I might have woken up my neighbors.

Thanks RJ for thinking positive about me. You have never came across as an ass.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I have had great success with the house and garden nutes. I ran a real low ppm at first..like 400 ppm and built it up from there and am now at 900 ppm. I will finish around 1100-1200ppm. I start with 0 ppm r/o water. I am using coco coir medium too, so there is no question what they get for nutes as coco is a stable medium. As far as cal/mag the a/b house and garden has it in it already so I haven't had to suppliment anything, but I understand. The pk does like an extra nitrogen boost mid flower if your nute schedule doesn't already supply one. I had some minor ph issues in the beginning and dropped my ph down to 5.5 and they love it.:fixed:
If you are running soil, you would want a higher ph though. Feel free to post your ste-up on here if you have anymore questions. I'll answer anything I can.
What medium are you using?
Sup Raiderfan420... Thanks for the response! She's in a 1:1 mix of Happy Frog and Light Warrior.

I'll quote myself here:
BTW, I think I figured out what was wrong with the Purple Kush in veg... Too much Ca and Mg along with tea at 6.5 pH (too high) was locking out Manganese. Here's the necrotic leaves before trimming and a flush on Friday...
http://i769.invalid.com/albums/xx335/Shady-Sativa/Round%203/Round%203%20Veg/PurpleKushFlush1.jpg

Then the 1st runoff after 2 gal was a pH of 5.8 and 650 PPM...
http://i769.invalid.com/albums/xx335/Shady-Sativa/Round%203/Round%203%20Veg/PurpleKushFlush0.jpg

I waited about 20 min and then flushed one more gallon till it was clear, but the PPM's were 500. Should I have flushed more or 3x 3 gal pot as the rule dictates?
http://i769.invalid.com/albums/xx335/Shady-Sativa/Round%203/Round%203%20Veg/PurpleKushFlush2.jpg

Then I trimmed the dead leaves and put her back in the veg station...
http://i769.invalid.com/albums/xx335/Shady-Sativa/Round%203/Round%203%20Veg/VegLevel1.jpg
Those shots were taken on 11/8/09 and part of the problem was moving the Purple Kush from the HPS into my veg station with T-8's. It was fed around 800 PPM at that time with a pH of 6.5... I've since lowered it to 650 PPM and 6.2 pH.

LMAO, it's been to hell and back, but I've kept her alive...
I am currently usung organic garlic/yacca concentrate as drench, I have see some root aphyds, but have found some of their larvae sqiurming around in the coco. nothing on the plants though so the foler spray must be working, I picked up some nemetodes that I will be wattering in after the next feeding with the garlic/yucca extract just incase the nematodes don't like the garlic.
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I posted a lot of info on Root Aphids in mine... I'm still working on them and will get Go Gnats tomorrow, maybe even some Diatomeacious Earth. I'm def interested in learning what drenches work such as Bayer Tree and Shrub...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=70503
:mad0233:

S

SimplyGreen

Sweet Bro. Do you have a diary started? I would lovr to check it out. Sounds like we are on the same page,
What nutes are running?

Yea, I just started a diary. I'm running h3ads variation for coco which is GH micro/bloom @ 6/9 along with Cal-Mag. Started using Diamond Nectar which I like and have started feeding molasses as well.

R

Raiderfan420

looking very nice.......got my eye on this

Thanks for checkin out my grow. I appreciate the props.

Sup Raiderfan420... Thanks for the response! She's in a 1:1 mix of Happy Frog and Light Warrior.

I'll quote myself here:
Those shots were taken on 11/8/09 and part of the problem was moving the Purple Kush from the HPS into my veg station with T-8's. It was fed around 800 PPM at that time with a pH of 6.5... I've since lowered it to 650 PPM and 6.2 pH.

LMAO, it's been to hell and back, but I've kept her alive...
I don't want to hijack your thread, but I posted a lot of info on Root Aphids in mine... I'm still working on them and will get Go Gnats tomorrow, maybe even some Diatomeacious Earth. I'm def interested in learning what drenches work such as Bayer Tree and Shrub...
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=70503
:mad0233:

Have you tried nematodes yet? They are supposed to do the trick. Aparently aphids are very hard to get rid off. They can re-produce like 4 different ways. I haven't seen any after drenching with the biolink surfactant and penetrant wetting agent a couple times. It is made of garlic and yucca extract. It seems to have gotten rid of everything except some larvae. So I am treating with the biolink tonight and then in the morning before the lights go out I'll water in the nematodes. Aparently, the biolinks doesn't kill them, but stops the adults from laying eggs. The nematodes should kill everything in the medium.
I'll check out your journal.

Yea, I just started a diary. I'm running h3ads variation for coco which is GH micro/bloom @ 6/9 along with Cal-Mag. Started using Diamond Nectar which I like and have started feeding molasses as well.

Nice set-up. I am envious of all the space you have around your trays. I have about 14" between my trays and the walls. So, it is a tight fit when I have to get under the canopy. How many plants do you have in each tray?

R

Raiderfan420

Hey Shady..I found a pic of what I am calling root aphids. This was 5 days ago. These little fuckers are tiny..I stared at the medium for about 15 mins(ofcourse very high), with my face right on it, moving the top of the medium back. Then I saw these little spots moving..only saw a few, but if I found them there had to be more. I haven't seen them since I started the biolink, but the larvae seems to still be there which is why I am putting the nematodes in tomorrow. Anyway here is a pic that I blew up to see the little fuckers. There are two in the pic, one on each side of the pic.

I should add I only comfirmed that they were in one pot, but are probably were in all of them if their in one.

Bugs 004 comp
R

Raiderfan420

Ok .. just a quick update.. the little fuckers are not gone..before I watered I did my 15 min stare at the top of the medium and I saw both larvae and a couple of the above bugs crawling just under the surface of the coco. So I am going to water in the nematodes in the morning right before the lights go out. Supposedly the biolink isn't supposed to harm the nematodes and it doesn't appear to harm the fuckin aphids either!

Anyway, here are a couple pics of the girls

12 4 003 comp

12 4 005 comp

Here are the babies

12 4 008 comp

12 4 009 comp

H

HighTolerance

Ok .. just a quick update.. the little fuckers are not gone..before I watered I did my 15 min stare at the top of the medium and I saw both larvae and a couple of the above bugs crawling just under the surface of the coco. So I am going to water in the nematodes in the morning right before the lights go out. Supposedly the biolink isn't supposed to harm the nematodes and it doesn't appear to harm the fuckin aphids either!

Anyway, here are a couple pics of the girls

View attachment 57071

View attachment 57072

Here are the babies

View attachment 57073

View attachment 57074

Superb job mate, looking really good. The babies are looking great, those little unhealthy leaves in the bottom, i just remove them, since they don't get much light anyways.

Seems like you're doing your best to take care of the bugs, and also doesn't seem like a heavy infestation. I think you will be OK bro, just keep at it.

I will be putting up some pix right now.

R

Rolln J

when I have bugs I really clean up the bottoms of the plants so air and light can get to the medium - and if you keep it that way you tend to notice them sooner and help discourage them from hanging out

H

HighTolerance

when I have bugs I really clean up the bottoms of the plants so air and light can get to the medium - and if you keep it that way you tend to notice them sooner and help discourage them from hanging out

that would definitely be a good call, even though i am not much experienced, i definitely believe in doing a good lollipopping session here and there, too many advantages to pass up on. a good lollipopping seesion does take some time though.

R

Raiderfan420

Superb job mate, looking really good. The babies are looking great, those little unhealthy leaves in the bottom, i just remove them, since they don't get much light anyways.

Seems like you're doing your best to take care of the bugs, and also doesn't seem like a heavy infestation. I think you will be OK bro, just keep at it.

I will be putting up some pix right now.

Thanks Man..
It isn't a heavy infestation yet and there isn't any bugs on the leaves or buds, but I want them out of the roots. I might not completely eliminate them until after harvest, but I will wage war against them the whole time.:bug
yeah I plan on cleaning the babies up tomorrow. I am lanning on taking some cuttings off of the 4 bag seed babies and throw them in the cloner..as soon as they root I will switch them to 12/12 to determine sex

that would definitely be a good call, even though i am not much experienced, i definitely believe in doing a good lollipopping session here and there, too many advantages to pass up on. a good lollipopping seesion does take some time though.

Here is a couple pics of under my screen..I am kind of afraid to thin them out above the screen. I haven't removed any fans above the screen. I only tuck some fans that are covering up lower buds. I might have to though.

Undercanopy 002

Undercanopy 003

Here is one of the side of the tray so you can see how thick the fans are on top of the screen.
Undercanopy 004

Top Bottom