2013 Colorado outdoor grow season

• Thread starter City farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
City farmer

City farmer

Oh yea bevin, macksmack, and top rock good to have ya on board this season! Dont forget to take some pics and post em up here so we can bounce ideas off each other....

M

Macksmack

On this feminized blue hashplant seedling im going to setup a geometrical scrog starting with topping at the 3rd node. It has 6 side branches and ill prune the bottom two then train the four tops at 90 degrees to each other and horizontal to the edge of the pot. Each time this happens i will transplant and root prune, while letting all shoots grow upwards 4 nodes, topping and prune all side shoots on each branch except 4. Doing this process mathematically will make 64 tops in 4 transplants. Theory isnt how long or how much, only testing if cannabis can do math at the 3rd grade level. Too scientific, not enough green thumb?

IMG 20130303 220641
T

TopRock

. But think im going with some 1 yard holes dug out of the ground and adding my own compost dirt mix into the holes.!

the only thing i dont like about holes in the ground is they act like a pool here as we have heavy clay soil at 8.5 ph. the clay acts like a container, and holds the water to long and drains very slow.

so when usin holes in the ground ensure they drain real well. id dig a test hole a goodsized one, fill it and see how long it takes to drain.

T

TopRock

On this feminized blue hashplant seedling im going to setup a geometrical scrog starting with topping at the 3rd node. It has 6 side branches and ill prune the bottom two then train the four tops at 90 degrees to each other and horizontal to the edge of the pot. Each time this happens i will transplant and root prune, while letting all shoots grow upwards 4 nodes, topping and prune all side shoots on each branch except 4. Doing this process mathematically will make 64 tops in 4 transplants. Theory isnt how long or how much, only testing if cannabis can do math at the 3rd grade level. Too scientific, not enough green thumb?

topping and pruning can and will increse your yields. just be sure not to go overboard as each top will compete evenly for the sun. if you have to many tops you will have alot of small buds comparatively on the plant with alot of larff underneath.

it may outweigh your other plants, but your sacks will be full of popcorn after drying.

T

TopRock

Does anyone veg longer than 3 months?

just started takin cuts out of the cloner for this years crop, any seed im doin will be germed first of apr.

i like to plant a 3 footer into the pots first week of june. clones of course dont have the vigor of a seedplant hence the later start on those.

like to keep the plants at 7/8 feet at finish

M

Macksmack

Heres a lil update of the mother room. Theres 3 4x4 sections of trellis, each contains a mom. Walkways on both sides, however the trellis goes almost wall to wall and is very adjustable. This setup can produce 300 cuts per week. Cheers to 2013 :-) .

IMG 20130310 220707 1
M

Macksmack

Heres an update on the blue hash feminized. Pics one week apart. Lots of sun today so i put her out in the back yard for an hour. Other then that i keep the tops 1" from flourescent lights and she is 4" tall in a 6" pot with approximately 20 total nodes of growth. :-)

IMG 20130303 220641
IMG 20130311 210457
K

kolah

Got me some Blueberry x Alien4 seeds soaking and going in soil ups today. Thanks (to you know who!) ;)

I already have Purple Hammer x Alien 4 started and they are about 18 inches tall in 1 gallon soil pots. These fuckers are gonna be trees by the time May comes for outdoor planting, lol. I also have 3 leftover Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 in 1 gallon pots as well. I was lucky to share space at a buddys grow-house. In exchange he'll take some cuts from them.

QUESTION? Since these are all regular seeds I have thought about putting them in my friends flower room to force-flower them to determine sex and then dump the males. Then put the fems back into veg. I know this stresses them and could increase the chance of hermies so I am a bit undecided. Thoughts?

QUESTION: I also have concerns that when I do want to plant them outside (probably mid to late May) and if there is a possibility that they will be shocked into flower. I am thinking that because they will be coming out from my buddys place with 18 hours of light and then hit the ground here and only get 13. Will they go into flower mode because they will sense the shorter light exposure?

M

Macksmack

Try to be scientific is my recomendation. Keep a few inside and maybe the seedlings you put out will preflower some for sexing before a long summer veg. I prefer night temps in the 50's and by then the day length is much longer. Afghan #1.. nice, male/female? Take a male and cross everything with it. ;-) ;-) . ( going to order fresh afghan 1 seeds myself**)

M

Macksmack

Btw, from my experience, the plants from seed will show flowers in one week if you put them in 12/12 as long as they are 4-6 weeks old. I remove them after 7 days and back to veg cycle to prevent the "stress"... they will still show flowers if they havent yet. High potassium will promote activity of flower sites aswell.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

WHILE IN VEG:
Usually at the 7th node, they start, after it has grown into the 9th+ node. The preflower will be located at the base of the node behind the stipule (the thorn looking like thing, going vertical).
If I had pics I would, there are some on another mag, by Pinecone. "Sexing" in the thread title.
The females will be slender and may have a hair or two, the males will start out fatter and claw like.
It may take a month or so of veg, but they usually show, just tiny...Took me a long time to figure out I wasn't looking at the budding leaves but instead the little space in between.

With a little practice you will be able to accurately sex most plants without stressing them or taking extra cuts. A jewelers loop would probably be helpful, and you can peel off the stipule to get a better look at it if you want.

Good luck, if I ever get a camera handy, I'll take a pic.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Low cost smart pot.

Need:
Roll of landscaping fabric
Sewing machine
Lots of time

But for $50 you get tons of pots. Just be careful when moving full, requires a little more finesse.

T

TopRock

Got me some Blueberry x Alien4 seeds soaking and going in soil ups today. Thanks (to you know who!) ;)

I already have Purple Hammer x Alien 4 started and they are about 18 inches tall in 1 gallon soil pots. These fuckers are gonna be trees by the time May comes for outdoor planting, lol. I also have 3 leftover Sensi Seeds Afghani #1 in 1 gallon pots as well. I was lucky to share space at a buddys grow-house. In exchange he'll take some cuts from them.

QUESTION? Since these are all regular seeds I have thought about putting them in my friends flower room to force-flower them to determine sex and then dump the males. Then put the fems back into veg. I know this stresses them and could increase the chance of hermies so I am a bit undecided. Thoughts?

QUESTION: I also have concerns that when I do want to plant them outside (probably mid to late May) and if there is a possibility that they will be shocked into flower. I am thinking that because they will be coming out from my buddys place with 18 hours of light and then hit the ground here and only get 13. Will they go into flower mode because they will sense the shorter light exposure?

here on the western slope, i put outdoor plants in the GH first weeks of apr, run compact floros till june first, then plant in there respective pots/holes.

plants put out from a indoor op in mid may will start to flower here, they may not ever make much of a bud before reverting back, but you will have lost valuable veg time.

T

TopRock

theres a few buddies about that have plants from rouge seed in there plots sprouting thru the snow here. these seed plants will grow normal with no adverse growing problems due to um bein from seed and sprouting innatural conditions.

id even think they would be more robust haveing withstood the early adverse weather conditions.

M

mendel

I have started seed in the ground here in Co in early may and ended up with 1 lber's by harvest w just some water and organic type ferts topdressed and scratched in. I put 3 seeds per station, and cull down to 1. if its still a bit cool ill put a milk jug w bottom cut out over the planted seeds.

M

mendel

Your plants will show sex on their own, I wouldnt go stressing em if you can help it, just cull as they show.

I think youll have heavy preflowering if you run em 18 veg and put them out. If you cant turn down the lite cycle, id put them in the biggest pots you can find. Rootbound plants seem to have more of a tendancy to preflower, esp heavy indicas. Have your buddy run em 16/8 and put em out june 1 if you can. If you have to put out sooner put em on 15/9.

If youve ever had to cut the larf (preflowers) off an outdoor plant youll loath the day. Its a total pain in the ass, and not really even worth the time imo. It will set you back bigtime vegwise.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Thinking maybe put plants in pots with rollers, roll em out at 7 am back inside at 7 pm.
Shore up well with netting so they don't bend and break.
Being inside at nite dark and warm.....safe from cold...and mold.....
What do y'all think?.....

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I got unwanted outdoor bugs when I moved plants in and outdoors every day

Top Bottom