2013 Colorado outdoor grow season

• Thread starter City farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bevin

bevin

Just got the plastic on the walls of the hoop house today, hopefully tomarow the wife will help me pull the plastic over the top. Was wandering how many I should run this year, I need advice... So my hoop house is 10' x 16' . So i basically have 2 raised-ish beds inside that are roughly 16' x 4' with 2' of pathway inbetween This year I will not be rolling up the sides,.. or will only be capible of rolling up one side... I'm not sure yet... So I wanted to know how many plants should I put in each 16'x4' bed? I was thinking 8-9 on each side. So please let me know what ya think. I will be useing tomato cages or baboo cages around my plants to basically trellis train them.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

Idk if this is useful for you outdoor guys, but there is a website called repurposed materials..they're in Denver. Right now they have 40'x60' 6mil clear plastic sheets for $100
primo

bevin

bevin

Thats funny you say that. My hoop house is all reused materials except for the plastic i bought it all at a re-store in co spgs. i just picked up 4 @ 1" 20ft pvc pipe to build yet another hoop or make mine even bigger

bevin

bevin

Idk if this is useful for you outdoor guys, but there is a website called repurposed materials..they're in Denver. Right now they have 40'x60' 6mil clear plastic sheets for $100
primo
I am totally checking this place out next time i go up to denver
thanks for the info

turbo14

turbo14

(10) 250 Gallon Smarties going out at the end of may up here @ 9000'. 18 hour veg once pot out in the 30x40 Greenhouse via low wattage bulbs.

Right now they are all 2-3ft.

Seen guys up here pullin 3-5# per plant.

Good vibes

turbo

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

I moved from CO after 35 years, to grow in NOR-CAL. Now with the new laws in Co I was thinking about coming back. I only grow outdoor. I use self made 400 gal smart-pots. What I want to find out is how well do plants do outside? my normal plants are 12 to 13 feet Diameter / 10 to 12 ft tall. I would like to grow below 6000 ft southern CO or western slope. GJ area.

I would be using GH and some hoop shelters covers, spring / fall

I like grow trees not bushes lol
SS850076 800 447
SS850075 800 447

sky high

sky high

Those are definitely nice trees, powder.

Hopefully others will chime in....but from my understanding/what I've heard.... the OD thing like you are used to out there kinda stretches the law here (breaks it?) because any/all gardens here are required to be in a secured/locked facility. (4 walls and a ceiling/lockable) My guess is that a wide open garden spot like you've pictured wouldn't fall under that classification/wouldn't be "legal" here if someone was to press the issue. Water could also be a concern in certain circumstances. (you need the proper well right or water right or to be on "city" water you pay for to legally irrigate outside here) It all depends. Each property is different when it comes to water rights.

Folks definitely grow OD here....but frost is a concern...especially for those late-finishing sativas. Every year is different. Gotta believe this one was a good one for most....sans the rains and hail and fires and.... :D

Gonna give it a shot myself next year. I feel a learning curve coming... :rolleyes: Good luck

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

so are you saying in CO it is not allowed to grow OD in a fenced / locked gate area?

Johnny Redthumb

Johnny Redthumb

Western slope has better weather for OD compared to the Front Range. SE plains is also a very good and cheap area. If you are rural enough, you probably don't have to worry about the locked gate rule. I've only ever heard of them enforcing that rule in Denver metro. Plus who needs locks if you have dogs and guns?

My buddy pulls 5# bushes in GHs and he is in the high country at 8000'. I'm sure you could kill it!

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

I plan on being on acreage 5 Acers Min. been looking at one 90 Acer place near Pueblo .

I guess what is concerning me the most is with the new laws for growers. How many plants can a grower have. Also I have searched websites for hours looking for picts of good sized grow. I have been looking with google maps satellite view and found no grows. lol

you view my area and you will see hundreds of grows in a 20 mile range lol. I would really like to move back as my kids/ grandkids live there. there are over 6 million plants OD estimated in my area

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I grew a 7' tall lady at 6000'. Definitely pulled her early, but with a greenhouse it's doable. A buddy got a full season at 7000' in a greenhouse. It can be done!

outwest

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

7 foot is nice..
I have been reading

Marijuana Enforcement Division

1 CCR 212-2

Emergency Rules Related to the

Colorado Retail Marijuana Code

I really do not see what I need to do / have to do to grow in Colorado. Is there another Colorado code for growers?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

because any/all gardens here are required to be in a secured/locked facility. (4 walls and a ceiling/lockable)
Under 64 it's "an enclosed, locked area".

Now how we decide on the definition of 'enclosed' is yet to be determined.
The definition 'The Industry' wishes to adopt is that of the Title 42, Traffic Laws.
The reason?
Well because the definition of enclosed in Criminal Trespass, CRS 18-4-5xx, is very different, and is anti to wishes of the Industry and Politicians.

Take a read, find out for yourself.

The big difference is the climate. N.Cal/S. OR environment is like God's gift to pot growers. You'll be building a GH, even in the warmest zone in CO. Early finishers, by first week of Oct or really hardy bitches that can take a freeze if not, when outdoor. I had a few freeze by mid Oct. here around 7,000 ft. Got lucky, could've been colder earlier for sure.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I really do not see what I need to do / have to do to grow in Colorado. Is there another Colorado code for growers?
Yeah, the same code for ALL growers. Just not everyone is following it :)

A few routes.
1) Personal under 64 (three plants flower, three veg per adult over 21 in household)
2) Caregiver (much like Cali), except we're limited to 5 patients.
3) Get licsensed with the State. Grow shit-tons without reprecussions (so far). But gotta p$y to pl$y.

Option #2 will be the most familiar to you.

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

under option 3 can we grow Outdoor? fenced area with lock? With no restriction on plant number or yield #. I think I saw a Lic fee of 2750.00 that is cheap for 1 to 3 hundred # if the dispensatories can / will take it. AN the big question would be for what net.

Under Option 2 with 5 patients and yourself that would be 18 girls? what about yield is it limited?

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Do some searching on the CO forum, search toolbar is top left, you can also just search threads individiually.

You gotta be the 5th person in two months to ask this question.
You have a bit of catching up to do, reading wise.

But in the end, if you got away with it when it was illegal?...

Powder2burn

Powder2burn

Thank for the tip, I'm reading now. There is a ton of info there.

:oldman:

Latest posts

Top Bottom