2013 vegetable garden thread...

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

I love gardening and have a great garden this year again but can't even hold a candle to yours cannabeans. Looks like a full time job just tending the garden. Mine is also exposed to the elements, no green house for me. Am always fighting something. Fricken finches love to eat the beets and cukes back to a nub. They will also pull the squash and broccoli just as they break ground. Everything is doing well am eating peas, lettuce, radishes, spinach and some herbs. Just about to get overwhelmed....the neighbors are gonna love me again, at least the ones who try and eat somewhat healthy. Amazing how most don't. I will live out of my garden for the next 6 months and have some things that will last until next year.
Only thing is and outside garden and a inside grow don't mix. I am always worried about bringing in something that will start munching on the cannabis in the tent. Have to be really careful as the tomatoes have spider mites as usual.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I love gardening and have a great garden this year again but can't even hold a candle to yours cannabeans. Looks like a full time job just tending the garden.

Thanks!
Just about is a full time job....If I could only pay my rent with veggies.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Your answer would be "no." I do use ACT, in fact I'm making some right now, should be finished in an hour or two.

Apache69

Apache69

Your answer would be "no." I do use ACT, in fact I'm making some right now, should be finished in an hour or two.

I have been playing with a 5 gallon bucket for ACT but I need more so I plan to upgrade to a 50 gallon Tank. What is your most used recipe? Thank you and Best wishes!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's pretty simple, about 1C castings/5gals water, + 1tsp-1T molasses (or similar sugar)/gal water, and then I adjust from there. I may add alfalfa, or hydrolized fish, right now I'm using Surround because it's so much cheaper and easier to keep in suspension than Azomite. I generally don't use guanos in my teas, they make them super-stinky, but will do a purpose-made guano tea if I feel top-dressing isn't doing it.

cannabeans

cannabeans

I do use a combination of teas....I dont really have a favorite. I kinda go on the what vibes the plants are giving to me and go from there....I really wanted to use CAPS packs, but when I brew tea I make at least 100 gallons at a time, unfortunatley I cannot afford to add one kilo of the "root pack" and one kilo of foliar pack to my teas. I contacted Cap and he said that would be a suffice amount to add. So for now...I will have to go without them. Im not sure my greenhouse could look any better anyway.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh. My. God! For $25 you can make a single gallon of tea? Are you kidding me? Sorry, mang, that is just way too rich for my blood.
Have you seen all Arbico's list of beneficial bugs? I'm going to try out the fly eliminator, but I don't think it'll work well for the neighbor's horses (I can only hear them, I don't actually know where they are), but it should work great for the flies attracted by my new font of chickenshit.

I am reading a LOT of people using the KIS (Keep It Simple Organics) packs with great success and pleasure, too.

urbanfog

urbanfog

the latest rain has made my veggies explode, with warm temps coming this end of week should be great :D Even had a 72 starter tray full off different lettuces pop in 3 days from seed, every cell breaking ground! Man again I am running out of room llol

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sea says;
Oh. My. God! For $25 you can make a single gallon of tea? Are you kidding me? Sorry, mang, that is just way too rich for my blood.

Yeah sea i didnt catch the price BUT 1 gallon makes 5 gallons so its only 1/5th of the price you thought(5$ gallon) ;),lol.
There is a hydro shop near me with a 100 gallon vortex brewer and they sell it for more than that,what i thought was interesting was the long shelf life and convenience,some people dont know how/like to brew teas or have the time so take it fwiw,just throwin it out there.

cannabeans

cannabeans

New season 011
New season 013
New season 019
New season 017
New season 021
New season 027
New season 036
New season 035
New season 029
New season 026
The heat is finally starting to set in and everythings growing rapidly.

New season 017
New season 035
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Cue up cannabeans' theme song--Welcome to the Jungle.

That's gonna be real fun getting in there as the season progresses.

Top Bottom