2014 light dep, sanvanalona style

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

2014 light dep sanvanalona style

This is a stacked light dep, primarily sour d but also some star dog, romulan, sfv og and blue cheese. Buds just started showing so pics will be much cooler in a week

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Right now I'm running about 95 percent organic: 90 percent coco and 10 percent vermifire for a top dress of nutrients. Speaking of nutes I'm using a mix of age old grow, liquid karma, cal mag and a bi weekly dose of compost tea that just kicks ass. I use mycos and azos along with gh root stimulater. These have doubled in size since Memorial Day and I will try to keep up photos at least once a week. There are some new strains I'm working with this year too: top 44, blue cheese from big Buddha seeds, the original romulan, star dog, and two strains from mt, sour tip and vicsfruit! Hope you guys enjoy!

Mogrow

Mogrow

so sanvanalona, how long did you veg these ladies? When you put them out, do you keep them at 12/12 or do you start at like 13/11 and drop down to under 12 hours of light? Is this late in the year for a light dep?
Subbed up fer sure, rock "em bro...
peace mogrow

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

so sanvanalona, how long did you veg these ladies? When you put them out, do you keep them at 12/12 or do you start at like 13/11 and drop down to under 12 hours of light? Is this late in the year for a light dep?
Subbed up fer sure, rock "em bro...
peace mogrow

Thank you! I started vegging around April 10, they were in a little green house with 2k lights that came on every night in order to ensure that they would not go into flowering. These ladies began flowering on memorial day, I simply transplanted them the week before and then started throwing a tarp over them at 7 p.m. and then take it off at 7 a.m.. They filled there positions so quick. It is totally not too late for a light dep, I like to go all the way up til the third of July, meaning if you want pull a dep then July 21st is the latest I would start. I think the buds that are flowering by June 21st and then harvest in August are the best of all time, so actually right now would be a perfect time to be tarping!

Dunge

Dunge

Looking great.
Do you have problems getting the tarp on and off?
Does the wind confound the cover?
Anything trouble preventing the covered environment from getting too hot and wet?

Your tarp looks better than the black plastic I attempted this with.
I got giant flowers but had to chop early due to a full spectrum of problems.
Mold, nanners, and the finished product lost its smell and broke my heart.
That was years ago, and I haven't attempted it again.

This project looks on track to go mad with goodness.

Mogrow

Mogrow

Thank you! I started vegging around April 10, they were in a little green house with 2k lights that came on every night in order to ensure that they would not go into flowering. These ladies began flowering on memorial day, I simply transplanted them the week before and then started throwing a tarp over them at 7 p.m. and then take it off at 7 a.m.. They filled there positions so quick. It is totally not too late for a light dep, I like to go all the way up til the third of July, meaning if you want pull a dep then July 21st is the latest I would start. I think the buds that are flowering by June 21st and then harvest in August are the best of all time, so actually right now would be a perfect time to be tarping!
good idea, keep it simple with the 7am to 7 pm thing.
with me being in a non-medical state i was thinking about doing it earlier to keep people and LEO off track...as they would not think about buds in April or May...

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

good idea, keep it simple with the 7am to 7 pm thing.
with me being in a non-medical state i was thinking about doing it earlier to keep people and LEO off track...as they would not think about buds in April or May...
That is a great idea, the only thing is it will depend where you are located in regards to the intensity of the sun. If you're down south u will be very happy. If you are too far up north it becomes difficult to get proper bud formation, not impossible but difficult for sure.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Looking great.
Do you have problems getting the tarp on and off?
Does the wind confound the cover?
Anything trouble preventing the covered environment from getting too hot and wet?

Your tarp looks better than the black plastic I attempted this with.
I got giant flowers but had to chop early due to a full spectrum of problems.
Mold, nanners, and the finished product lost its smell and broke my heart.
That was years ago, and I haven't attempted it again.

This project looks on track to go mad with goodness.
Thanks! This is actually the easiest tarp I've had in yeArs! I simply use gorilla tape and a piece of PVC to tape at the end and then throw it over. The plastic is basic black plastic from Home Depot, it works great but I do have to get creative at the end to make sure it stays mold free.

SpiderK

SpiderK

sweet ....

do you have space for air flow already ?as the tarp is pulled over during sleep it will help them .... they need the fresh air 24/7. maybe something breathable on each end .. ? a breathable blk cloth ...

& if needed, try filling a bucket with rock salt 1/4 full, w/ holes drilled in the bottom then put it into another bucket. it will pull the water out of the air and it drips through into the second bucket. i used it in my tent real high humidity in my area like 50% plus most of the time so it was needed the last few weeks ....

Last edited:
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

sweet ....

do you have space for air flow already ?as the tarp is pulled over during sleep it will help them .... they need the fresh air 24/7. maybe something breathable on each end .. ? a breathable blk cloth ...

& if needed, try filling a bucket with rock salt 1/4 full, w/ holes drilled in the bottom then put it into another bucket. it will pull the water out of the air and it drips through into the second bucket. i used it in my tent real high humidity in my area like 50% plus most of the time so it was needed the last few weeks ....

That is an awesome idea, I will totally try this if I start having humidity issues. Thank you! The nicest thing about living where I do is that there little to no humidity until October. I did learn a few tricks too, one is to not trim up too much. I am used to doing this with indoor because of the need for large nugs, but outside the sun penetrates so well that there is little need for pruning as I harvest in threes, which allows full sun penetration to all the little buds that do not get it normally. There are also a few other things I do as well, I switched my time to 6-6, this allows almost no morning mist as the plants rise with the sun and are just simply forced into night a little earlier. I also have ample wind movement and electricity for fans so when the time comes I will add those, but for right now the first few weeks of flower having a little higher humidity at night is a bonus. I have also learned that when you have the tarps on overnight it keeps the temps from fluctuating too much which ensures great internodal spacing.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Awesome Sanvana!:woot: I love it!
I missed this thread till now:confused:
Im subbed now though... Great to see other light deppers :)
Great growing man!
I am honored to have you along for the ride Ken, hopefully these will be something very nice. I have a few tangies in there and they are already making the hill smell like oranges!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I am honored to have you along for the ride Ken, hopefully these will be something very nice. I have a few tangies in there and they are already making the hill smell like oranges!
ohh! :wideyed:.Oranges ..yumm .Now you got me excited:woot: .
.Im growing some orange strains for the 1st time this summer
Gotta wait till august to smell those though..Too big to cover!! :p

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

ohh! :wideyed:.Oranges ..yumm .Now you got me excited:woot: .
.Im growing some orange strains for the 1st time this summer
Gotta wait till august to smell those though..Too big to cover!! :p
That is awesome! Something about orange strains grown in the sun brings a smile to my face! Like a glass of orange juice in the morning. It seems that all the orange strains I have grown do amazingly well outdoor, must be a sativa thing.

Top Bottom