2014 light dep, sanvanalona style

• Thread starter sanvanalona
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sanvanalona

sanvanalona

And good for your electric bill!Sanvana you have done a stellar job with this dep,congrats.
Wow, thank you so much for the props. It really means the world coming from a professional like yourself!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Here are some new photos, I'll post up finished pics very soon. My second dep looks twice as big as the first! The first photo is the new light dep, second is a sour d that just was chopped, and last but not least is my pink beauty!!!

M

mcpuffin

my light deps seem to be finishing really fast right now.
Im wondering if its from the warm temps under the tarp in the evening and morning.
edit to ad; and then all day..
I wonder this too. I've always noticed my deeps finish a week or so faster than inside, I never thought about heat being a factor but that makes perfect sense to me

I took a plant science class last year and there is a concept that was discussed called growing degree days (GGD). This is taken straight from my college text book:

"GGD is a concept to predict when a crop will be at a harvest-able stage (field crops). GGD are calculated as the average daily (24hr.) temperature above a baseline (usually 50*F). Each degree above the baseline is considered a degree day. For example a day that has an average temperature of 65*F would be the equivalent of 15 growing degree days. Days with average tempatures below 50*F would count as zero. For many crops, we know how many GGDs are required to reach harvest so we can predict, based on daily tempature recordings, when the crop will be ready to harvest when the time comes near. For example: if corn requires 1500 GDDs and there are already 1250 GDDs accumlated, only 250 more are needed. it would take only 10 GDDs for the corn to be ready to harvest in the next 10 GDDs averaged 75*F."

All I could think about when we were dicussing this all I could think about was my light dep, but I wasn't about to be the one to raise my hand and ask if that's what was happening.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I took a plant science class last year and there is a concept that was discussed called growing degree days (GGD). This is taken straight from my college text book:

"GGD is a concept to predict when a crop will be at a harvest-able stage (field crops). GGD are calculated as the average daily (24hr.) temperature above a baseline (usually 50*F). Each degree above the baseline is considered a degree day. For example a day that has an average temperature of 65*F would be the equivalent of 15 growing degree days. Days with average tempatures below 50*F would count as zero. For many crops, we know how many GGDs are required to reach harvest so we can predict, based on daily tempature recordings, when the crop will be ready to harvest when the time comes near. For example: if corn requires 1500 GDDs and there are already 1250 GDDs accumlated, only 250 more are needed. it would take only 10 GDDs for the corn to be ready to harvest in the next 10 GDDs averaged 75*F."

All I could think about when we were dicussing this all I could think about was my light dep, but I wasn't about to be the one to raise my hand and ask if that's what was happening.
Wow! This is awesome info, thank you very much!!! This really helps explain why the deeps finish so fast.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Whoa.... WHOA! whoa... AHA!!!!

Damn. I've gotta ask someone some questions now.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Does your text book mention a ceiling for temp? For instance does ggd stop or slow at a certain temp say 100?

M

mcpuffin

Negative, no ceiling at least described in the text. However, it is a pretty entry level book, so I'm sure there is way more information than I have provided.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

beautiful sour d man, what cut is that if you know? Great connection on the cola
Thank you!!This is original sour d, I only know of one cut. I'm sure people have had s1 seeds and named a cut after the product but this is the cut that has been in Cali for years. Most people end up with stringy sour outdoor, albeit very stinky or big ungassy co2 filled indoor, but I've found that depo will create the perfect blend: a sour that has great bud structure with a pure gassy smell!

SunGrown

SunGrown

Fuckin a brotha!
I am in norcal and have gone thru a plethora of sour cuts, looks like I need that cut though.

Keep growing!

Top Bottom