2016 Trim Machine Thread

• Thread starter connoisseurde420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@fishwhistle not trying to talk myself out of it. Lol. Just trying to make the right decision. My success kind of hinges on making the right choice here. I believe I'm starting to get carpal tunnel. Yay. It's hard to spend that much on a silly machine. We also figured we are losing 2k+ per week per room when we are not on 12/12 plus paying trimmers for at least a week. Then transplant time. We know it worth beating the buds a bit. Really leaning towards a dry trim at the moment. The idea of just hanging everything and dealing with trim after I have planted my room again sounds really efficient. Does anyone blast their dry trim? How does it come out? Going to try dry trimming some of this run and see how it goes..
I don't, but I have a friend who blasts it for me. He prefers using dry trim for his operation.

If you're losing that much per week I think something like a TrimPal would pay for itself with a quickness. What you're talking about is how I do it. I harvest, hang whole plants til dry AND cured, then buck down and trim.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Oh yeah its gonna pay for itself. I I run it right lol. Just nervous about the dry trim. Haven't done that since I ran a 400w 8+ years ago, and at the time I didn't like it. I cant afford to miss judge on 20k+ worth of product, we r broke. The test this run will give me an idea of what to do though. @Seamaiden nice to hear about the wax. We would not want to lose that part of pulling the room down.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just keep the RH of the product on the higher end and you won't see the buds being beaten up as happens at lower RH values. It really is key in my opinion. :)

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

im probably in the smaller yield of you all (2.5-3#), and use a 19" spin pro knock off type trimmer (salad bowl type). I have bad rh and cant hand trim more than a plant at a time then my hands are useless. I do mine wet right off the plant, then 4-7 days drying on 3x 6 level dry racks in 75* 55%rh with a small fan for air movement. I do about 15 rotations on the trimmer and my buds come out 95% perfect, with little to no hangers, and minimal sugar tips. I do pre-clean the buds, removing all fans and 90% of sugar leaves to the buds, then into the trimmer.

ive given my last batch of trim to a new local well know breeder and concentrate maker and he was very impressed with the trim compared to other trimmer machine trim he has gotten.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

@fishwhistle not trying to talk myself out of it. Lol. Just trying to make the right decision. My success kind of hinges on making the right choice here. I believe I'm starting to get carpal tunnel. Yay. It's hard to spend that much on a silly machine. We also figured we are losing 2k+ per week per room when we are not on 12/12 plus paying trimmers for at least a week. Then transplant time. We know it worth beating the buds a bit. Really leaning towards a dry trim at the moment. The idea of just hanging everything and dealing with trim after I have planted my room again sounds really efficient. Does anyone blast their dry trim? How does it come out? Going to try dry trimming some of this run and see how it goes..
Yeah i know its a hard decision and i totally agree on the price.I wasnt sold on it at first but i am now.You can rent the machines in my area for about 400 a day,might be worth it to try it out?Some dealers will even apply the 400 rental fee toward purchase price if you decide to buy,thats what my son did,dealer even came out and helped/trained to shorten the learning curve.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

you guys are lucky. the people around my neck of the woods (Detroit area), want the 400/day rental fee, but want you to bring ALL your buds to their location to process the buds (LMFAO!!!!!!!!, like im going to bring 16 6' plants to process), or bring the t4 machine to your location with a 10,000 deposit. I kindly told the guy to get bent. the damn machines are only 6k.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Have you considered renting a machine? Rent a few different types.
I'm renting a T4 next month for $400 for 24 hours.
They have dry trimmers and wet trimmers.
I think this way you could see what works for you and what doesn't.

OGPunkrocker

OGPunkrocker

how much do you take down, how long does it take? That's the important part I feel. Cool that you would buy again. The cleaning isn't bad, but looks like it needs it often with greasy buds. I do feel all trimmers are over priced cause they got us bent over with a new market and all.
bout 20 lbs

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

wow nice! Definately leaning towards the wander for now. In the future i think i will try a dry trim tumbler if i need volume or speed. For now I think I can take down the room by myself in a couple days with the wander. Thanks @OGPunkrocker

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Have you considered renting a machine? Rent a few different types.
I'm renting a T4 next month for $400 for 24 hours.
They have dry trimmers and wet trimmers.
I think this way you could see what works for you and what doesn't.
I may try renting for the next round, idk

G

Gamechanga12

Has anyone used the Twister T2 with the dry attachment? I know its around 12k but I was wondering how that compares to the trim pal dry trimmer... @miko I see you love the trim pal have you ever tried the T2?

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

Okay heres my review for the wander trimmer so far after a few hours of playing with it... Pretty much works like advertised.
Pros:
faster than by hand, probably even faster than those bonsai trimmers.
clean, trim goes to the bucket
trim looks like its done by hand
easy to clean, not as intensive as they say. I never used their crock pot method.

Cons:
loud, i use headphones so i didnt care. if someone was close they would think i was vacuuming all day.
holding the wand all day might be nicer with gloves, it is lightweight but it vibrates a bit.
trim is all munched up, no bubble hash with this one good thing we use a cls. hope the wax isnt dark.

Overall: I liked using the trimmer, way better than going at it by hand. I filled one tray of our small dry racks in a half hour. thats about a half lb. usually for me it would take atleast a couple hours probably more

Kdub

Kdub

I got the T2 twister. So far I haven't had a crop to run but I did run an ounce or so through it. Took about 1 minute and the buds look nice. I'll take some pics of em when I get to the site today. I was impressed with the look of the buds, but I have heard the trim makes dark oil.

Top Bottom