2018 First Time Organic Garden. Humboldt, Ca.

• Thread starter SmokeyMcBowl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokeyMcBowl

SmokeyMcBowl

I got a thread going right now using just 400 gallons of composted amended cow manure. (Growing some monsters outdoor scrog)
Since I switched to just manure I've never seen growth like this...and mind you I live in northern Wisconsin...Southern states would do much better with warmer night temps. (We still get in the 40s at night.View attachment 819652

I have checked out your thread. You got some monsters trunks there! I want to try one next year and see how it does up here. I have some local organic dairy farms in the area so I was going to try and score some here soon for next year. Also wanted to make a worm bin or two out of some old bath tubs left on my property. Throw that in there with it too and see what happens. Also amend my current pots at the same time. Can wait to see how your girls turn out!

Greatlakes

Greatlakes

I have checked out your thread. You got some monsters trunks there! I want to try one next year and see how it does up here. I have some local organic dairy farms in the area so I was going to try and score some here soon for next year. Also wanted to make a worm bin or two out of some old bath tubs left on my property. Throw that in there with it too and see what happens. Also amend my current pots at the same time. Can wait to see how your girls turn out!
Yeah the manure I get is thriving with red wigglers so there is no need to add any worm castings. It's amazing.

Ecompost

Ecompost

I got a thread going right now using just 400 gallons of composted amended cow manure. (Growing some monsters outdoor scrog)
Since I switched to just manure I've never seen growth like this...and mind you I live in northern Wisconsin...Southern states would do much better with warmer night temps. (We still get in the 40s at night.View attachment 819652
yeah but manure is hot, so the night temps are countered by the heat in the manures, this is why you get better growth i suspect. Lovely by the way, just a great picture

Ecompost

Ecompost

have a look at Bokashi fermenting the cow manure too if you havent already

Ecompost

Ecompost

I actually use a lacto ferment mix in my tea that I brew.
yes i have a serum option in liquid, but i find by pre fementing the manures, i dont need the teas and can focus solely on a BIOL for pest reduction as a foilar. Only problems I have found it that i need to add more boron, potassium and calcium where I use higher amounts of manures in the summer here where the soil temps exceed the norm. i just add the B and Ca ahead of time but the K I add every 8-14 days depending on the rates of evaporation. I put this down to the higher operating temps of KSB's who fizz through the soil K and so deplete it faster in higher temps. The Ca is typically a struggle where we drop moisture but i find adding gypsum works so long as the drought isnt too extended, but where i get this headache i foliar a nano CaO I make every 8 days and this seems to help

SmokeyMcBowl

SmokeyMcBowl

Try just wrapping the cage around the smart pot instead of the T posts it's much easier. Nice job tho man
Yeah I really want to re design the cages next year. I really want to build a frame around them and use hemp rope or something of that sort. But yeah totally easier that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom