2020 New LED opinions and suggestions ?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

I know these threads pop up all the time with topics like, what light should I get, cheapest led etc..

BUT

my question is, since LED lights are constantly getting better with companies like Luxx Lighting, PhotoBIO, HLG AND all the other million companies following along with LEDs and QB’s Samsung diodes etc, What companies are you guys happy with and What lights would you suggest in this day and age of 2020 LEDs?

I see a lot of people suggesting and saying good things about the king brite lights, so I’ve been researching and speaking with them A little bit and there prices seem pretty good.

Reason I’m asking is because I’ve been wanting to switch to LEDs for the past year but everytime I get my mind made up, a new and better LED comes out, I’m currently growing in a 4x8 with two 1000w HPS. So I want something Full spectrum that can penetrate like the hps or better, And something that doesn’t heat up with the HPS do, and obviously energy efficient.. who doesn’t like saving money on the electric bill lol

all replies appreciated!

Jackbud

Jackbud

Most lights are going the same direction at the moment, Samsung diodes and meanwell drivers. So it comes down to little differences like price range , spectrum and warranty.
Also little subtle differences like boards or the becoming more popular bar lights.
Mars hydro have released 2 new light styles that have raised their game in the budget section.
One of them is the sp3000 that includes sumsung / meanwell combo aswell as additional uv diodes that make this light interesting.
Mars also have released the fc bar lights with Samsung diodes.
Lastly the lumatek zues bar lights come with a 5 year warranty.

KDB42

KDB42

How do I get one of those lumatek lights in the U S? I want the attis 300w but can't for the life of me find anywhere that sells them here.

Jackbud

Jackbud

I know in the UK the lumatek attis are available on ebay, i don't know if that translates to the US.
I'm looking at one myself. £247 on ebay.

Miked1988

Miked1988

Most lights are going the same direction at the moment, Samsung diodes and meanwell drivers. So it comes down to little differences like price range , spectrum and warranty.
Also little subtle differences like boards or the becoming more popular bar lights.
Mars hydro have released 2 new light styles that have raised their game in the budget section.
One of them is the sp3000 that includes sumsung / meanwell combo aswell as additional uv diodes that make this light interesting.
Thanks for the info bro! Do they sell the lumatek 600 or 1000w in the states? I’ve been checking a lot of those bar lights like the growers choice and The gavita pro.. a lot of those look like good built quality lights.. I came across one where you could separate the bars as you’d like to fit your space so if you could do that, it would be a bonus! and it could fit my space a lot better vs getting 4-8 different lights to fit up the space

Miked1988

Miked1988

I know in the UK the lumatek attis are available on ebay, i don't know if that translates to the US.
I'm looking at one myself. £247 on ebay.
Nvmd bro you just answered my question I just now saw your post lol

Anthem

Anthem

Thanks for the info bro! Do they sell the lumatek 600 or 1000w in the states? I’ve been checking a lot of those bar lights like the growers choice and The gavita pro.. a lot of those look like good built quality lights.. I came across one where you could separate the bars as you’d like to fit your space so if you could do that, it would be a bonus! and it could fit my space a lot better vs getting 4-8 different lights to fit up the space
For what it is worth, Growers Choice and Lumitek have had the same light in the past. Growers Choice was marketing it as the ROI-680. I had a pair of these and I no longer have them. They were replaced with Fluence Sypder 2I.

Miked1988

Miked1988

For what it is worth, Growers Choice and Lumitek have had the same light in the past. Growers Choice was marketing it as the ROI-680. I had a pair of these and I no longer have them. They were replaced with Fluence Sypder 2I.
Those sypder fluence lights look dope.. the price tag for 2 Of them though! Lol, that’s a commitment for me.. and I remember the days when I though 200-300 a light was a lot Haha.. that’s funny you mention the roi because they’re always the first ones that pop up when I’m looking at lights and it’s always right next to the growers choice and I was just thinking they look identical lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have the kingbrites you spoke of , I am happy for the money I spent but will look to hlg or gavita for my next light - biggest complaint I have with my king brights is the heat sinks! Poorly designed and to small

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ho
How do you like the fluence compared to the roi

Anthem

Anthem

Those sypder fluence lights look dope.. the price tag for 2 Of them though! Lol, that’s a commitment for me.. and I remember the days when I though 200-300 a light was a lot Haha.. that’s funny you mention the roi because they’re always the first ones that pop up when I’m looking at lights and it’s always right next to the growers choice and I was just thinking they look identical lol
You are right the price on the fluence is no joke. I have noticed substantially frostier flowers with these lights. To the point to where some of the fan leaves close to the light are developing Trichomes as well. I would not recommend them to the hobby grower. Nutrient demands are different as well.

Moshmen

Moshmen

You are right the price on the fluence is no joke. I have noticed substantially frostier flowers with these lights. To the point to where some of the fan leaves close to the light are developing Trichomes as well. I would not recommend them to the hobby grower. Nutrient demands are different as well.
My personal opinion is any quality led will change your nutrient requirements as compared to hps

TheKushie

TheKushie

I think you should invest into COB led because the chip can be upgraded and switched easily. Change spectrum to your liking by buying different cob 2700k_6000k. If one burns out buy another and switch it in for maybe 30-50$
COB better and brother then led diodes

Jackbud

Jackbud

I just found out that lumatek have rebranded for the American market as photontek. Same company but a new light under the photontek brand.

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

I second that!

I got the tsl2000 and I love it. My only regret is not splurging for the SP3000!

20200831 063313
R

redshift75

Ive went through a few lights setting up tents this year with blurples and quantum. Honestly seeing lots of crazy ones sold at the grow store and what i have and the value. Im more about the value in the components then the brand. for some of those brands i can buy 2x the lights of the same quality, driver etc. Sure i might not have as much brand coverage at face value in terms of warranty. But with how much i save i can offset that with more lights.

i want to do a tent next in sunboards. But my problem again with those is largely the value. When i can pick the up the 288s and fill out more space at a greater value.

Ive gotten some random deals this year that i buy 8 lights to test them out. Havent found one that i've been truly disappointed in. When buying based on components and price.

What i care about is how the light tests out and the value. for the price of that one light. Lots of great options. Such a broad subject. Largely its subjective. You can know from a hardware standpoint which is superior, etc. But as far as certain aspects about blends, layouts, etc, etc. largely are individual preference. Speaking to the broad generic sense of "full spectrum marketing". Lights are like Nutrients Lots of ways to achieve the desired effects.

What my situation demands will change to anothers. My price of electricity dictates what im willing to use. So to me its the same response i got when starting the LED journey. It breaks down to what you feel will be the best light to work for you vs what is actually the best light. if 5 different style lights have different layouts and all use samsung and the same meanwell driver. There isnt much to separate them at that point but warranty and preference.

IMG 20200825 182622
Top Bottom