2020 New LED opinions and suggestions ?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Your plants look kind of sad. Have you been feeding them much?

Just this morning actually. Her haircut is brand new... interesting, I measured the run thru PH and it measured a 7.3 --- not sure why. ...and thanks for noticing --- and inquiring.

What do you think is up with all that?

Jackbud

Jackbud

I looked that up. The odd thing was I saw a lumitek light at the hydro store. Not sure how their marketing works.
I was puzzling the same thing, as you mentioned before with growers choice it would seem they have a practice of rebranding/partnerships.
Thing is, under the photontek brand they've released a brand new light, similar design but different style. Photontek have just popped up as a sponsor on a rival grow forum. I'll have to check the new lights specs against the lumatek range.

Anthem

Anthem

Just this morning actually. Her haircut is brand new... interesting, I measured the run thru PH and it measured a 7.3 --- not sure why. ...and thanks for noticing --- and inquiring.

What do you think is up with all that?
Here is my opinion and only that.
#1. How often are you watering? I ask because the media looks a little wet
#2. The general color of the leaves indicates the plant is hunger.
#3. If you have an odd PH or PPM coming out that might explain what is happening. I would start with a slurry test for both PH and PPM's. There might be more going on than what I see.
Good Luck with your grow.

Anthem

Anthem

I was puzzling the same thing, as you mentioned before with growers choice it would seem they have a practice of rebranding/partnerships.
Thing is, under the photontek brand they've released a brand new light, similar design but different style. Photontek have just popped up as a sponsor on a rival grow forum. I'll have to check the new lights specs against the lumatek range.
There is something going on with their stuff, but for my needs they do not work.
Kinds has some new X light that might be interesting but based on their past I am not going to drop Fluence type prices to check them out!

BabyFarmer

BabyFarmer

Here is my opinion and only that.
#1. How often are you watering? I ask because the media looks a little wet
#2. The general color of the leaves indicates the plant is hunger.
#3. If you have an odd PH or PPM coming out that might explain what is happening. I would start with a slurry test for both PH and PPM's. There might be more going on than what I see.
Good Luck with your grow.

20200831 180902
Jackbud

Jackbud

There is something going on with their stuff, but for my needs they do not work.
Kinds has some new X light that might be interesting but based on their past I am not going to drop Fluence type prices to check them out!
I hear you there, I'm always happy to let others try the " new best thing"

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I'm using Vipaspectra va600 very happy with it's performance and a SF 2000 whick I'm doing a review on loving that light it's kicking ass .od

Jackbud

Jackbud

Do they make a SP3000? I see 2000 and 4000 but no 3000.
Also have you looked into HLG?
The sp3000 was part of mars New range this summer, I gotta be honest I think it's a great light, if it passes the time test it actually brings mars reputation up to a serious option.
Hlg seems a solid light, Pioneer for quantum, just not easy to acquire in the UK at standard price. Interestingly Hlg have just started using different drivers, introvonic* drivers which are good quality but has reduced the overall warranty I believe.

Anthem

Anthem

The sp3000 was part of mars New range this summer, I gotta be honest I think it's a great light, if it passes the time test it actually brings mars reputation up to a serious option.
Hlg seems a solid light, Pioneer for quantum, just not easy to acquire in the UK at standard price. Interestingly Hlg have just started using different drivers, introvonic* drivers which are good quality but has reduced the overall warranty I believe.
Yes that is my bad. I was thinking spider farmer. I am not going to get into the Mars issues, lets just say been there and done that. It is interesting the prices for products and how much it changes based on taxes and tariffs. Kind of a bummer.

Jackbud

Jackbud

Yes that is my bad. I was thinking spider farmer. I am not going to get into the Mars issues, lets just say been there and done that. It is interesting the prices for products and how much it changes based on taxes and tariffs. Kind of a bummer.
Yes, alot of companies like to seperate continent markets and play price games. The UK market has been starved up to now with alot of this tech. Over here on the big internet retailer they're still heavily pushing cheap nasty blurples.

Anthem

Anthem

Yes, alot of companies like to seperate continent markets and play price games. The UK market has been starved up to now with alot of this tech. Over here on the big internet retailer they're still heavily pushing cheap nasty blurples.
That is so sad. So what would happen if say someone bought the light and sent it to the UK? How do they keep this from happening?

FourthCity

FourthCity

I think you should invest into COB led because the chip can be upgraded and switched easily. Change spectrum to your liking by buying different cob 2700k_6000k. If one burns out buy another and switch it in for maybe 30-50$
COB better and brother then led diodes
The quantum board panels are just as easy to swap out or upgrade as the cob chips and they are in the same price range.

Jackbud

Jackbud

That is so sad. So what would happen if say someone bought the light and sent it to the UK? How do they keep this from happening?
If you cotacted a American or other company directly then nothing would stop you paying for the light and additional import taxes.
The problem was that if a regular person searched the usual big internet sites alot of companies are just not there, blocked or not showing up in favour of the sponsored product or the crap they want to push.
In other words, if you're a newbie just looking without knowing what companies exsist you're getting stuck with the crap no one else wants. Just until a few months ago the only 2 commercial available options were mars hydro or spider farmer.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I've found a Aussie company that makes kits there the same boards as spider farmer and a few other brands I'm going to build my own and I've got a full set of led Buddies lights for side and under lighting taking my grow to the next level .OD .

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Im having great results with the hlg 300l its like 400 and runs lm301h diodes which flowered a whole 4x4 with nice chunkin nugs I run two spider farmer 1000s in my veg tent tho and they seem to get the job done gonna look into getting the spider farmer 4000 for 550 it has a 5x5 footprint and uses lm301bs so id have the best of both in one tent love these things cant go wrong investing in a nice board hlg prob has the better warranty and customer service in my opinion ✌✌

Cracken

Cracken

I have been looking into getting my first LED grow light and there are two that stand out to me, Migro has a nice system that can be expanded and connected together for larger grow areas and the other that caught my eye was COOLED they offer a good variety of options and prices.

Miked1988

Miked1988

I've found a Aussie company that makes kits there the same boards as spider farmer and a few other brands I'm going to build my own and I've got a full set of led Buddies lights for side and under lighting taking my grow to the next level .OD .
I’ve been eyeballing spider farmer the 4000 to be exact. I saw it says it had the 5x5 flower footprint too but one of my buddies had ordered it and he says that it says 4x4 flower footprint On the something the light came with, he swears 🤷🏻‍♂️, I was going to contact sf to confirm that. Cause I would 2 5x5 in a 4x8 can’t ever have too much light! But his plants are flourishing and looking great and he loves the light so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom