2021- Best Cobs on Market

• Thread starter PiffinOut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No panel light makes a conopy 2 feet thick or thicker. For the same watts out the wall than Cobbs with lens.

im glad you said that. I like to grow bushes. A scrog would not work for my perpetual garden. I still look at the timber cobs as a replacement for the hps

1badcell

1badcell

sorry what?
Screenshot 2021 01 21 20 23 00
Screenshot 2021 01 21 20 22 06
my crew

1badcell

1badcell

No I don't use 3000k in flower room. It's to purple blue, I use 3500 for seedlings and early veg though. The first picture I posted is 6000k full spectrum 50 watt ac chips. They work for a 4 x4 tent. Like the sun🎓👑🥶🥶🥶without the nuclear furnace

Keymaker

Keymaker

I love my timber cobs. the Vero29 cobs I have no complaints the perform better than my strip lights and my hlgs

1badcell

1badcell

for the price i would still choose those to replace my hps lamps.
For the price there is no chip to compare . Look at my 1 st post on this tread. That's bright as the sun in a 4x4 tent . The light array is built out of a combination of lens and 9 50 watt 110v 6000k full spectrum chips...
The whole array with fans pulls 525 watts of 110v out the wall continuously . You will have to learn how to build such a thing. That's where the time will be spent. Growing is just the reward 👾👾👾

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

For the price there is no chip to compare . Look at my 1 st post on this tread. That's bright as the sun in a 4x4 tent . The light array is built out of a combination of lens and 9 50 watt 110v 6000k full spectrum chips...
The whole array with fans pulls 525 watts of 110v out the wall continuously . You will have to learn how to build such a thing. That's where the time will be spent. Growing is just the reward 👾👾👾

oh not for me. I want to buy the timber. ;-)

I do tinker with mountain bikes and guitars though.

1badcell

1badcell

The chips are smart. Depending on heatsink they self regulate chip temperature. That does effect light output. These chips are not new to the market I've used them for 2 years. The light output is >5500 lux . That's+ 1.5 lux per watt used @ 110v ac. These are not dc chips that require power supplys . I am not saying these are the best, just what works for me.

1badcell

1badcell

Most of us noobs. Don't understand how much power is required to flower. Compared to veg. It took me 5 + time's for me to see a satisfying result. And I'm still going to keep trying to be better. If you use any type of incandescent bulbs the watts used are @110v ac. Most LEDs are watts at 36v dc or less. That's 10x less power so you would need 10x as many to do the same as 110v. YOU NEED 50 WATTS PER SQUARE FOOT FOR FLOWERS.
10-25 watts sqft for veg. That's why 1 light is hard to recommend for a multitude of use. IF IT DON'T PULL 400 WATTS OF 110V AC u need to buy enough to end up at 50 watts per square foot of your space. Or the light output of the sun at noon.

Unhinged

Unhinged

I'm not criticizing you. I'm just expressing my knowledge of strips and cobs.
For a guy with minimal experience growing (particularly with more than one method) it's extremely painful watching your condescending "advice" you dole out around here.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
For a guy with minimal experience growing (particularly with more than one method) it's extremely painful watching your condescending "advice" you dole out around here.
Just because I haven't grown as many plants as some people, that doesn't mean I can't know the physics of light and it doesn't mean I can't read studies on plant physiology and growth.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
for the price i would still choose those to replace my hps lamps.
I like this chatter, it gives me what I'd need to make a decision on lighting to replace my hps. I'm not in the market yet but energy costs are getting to me. That would be my only reason to get off my 1000W hps.

There's no mention of t5's here other than used to use them and came from the Aquariums. I first encountered them in the elect. field in the 80's used for under counter or valance lighting. I new nothing of indoor growing at the time. I like the t5's, why the change to led's or cob's?

1badcell

1badcell

I like this chatter, it gives me what I'd need to make a decision on lighting to replace my hps. I'm not in the market yet but energy costs are getting to me. That would be my only reason to get off my 1000W hps.

There's no mention of t5's here other than used to use them and came from the Aquariums. I first encountered them in the elect. field in the 80's used for under counter or valance lighting. I new nothing of indoor growing at the time. I like the t5's, why the change to led's or cob's?
It's all about the heat. For me in the deep south . How much heat does a 1000w mh bulb make 200+ with a hood?
Cobbs with heat sinks and fans are around 125 and use 1/3 the power or it takes 3 50 watt 110v Cobbs to replace 1 1000w mh bulb. I use 9 Cobbs in my 4x4 tent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havent changed. I went and bought new hortilux 600 hps’ bulbs for flower room and ge 6500k t-5 ho tubes for the veg tent. I will see about new lights next year at this point. I really still like the timber cob lamps but may benefit from good bar lamps so i still dont know. I might get the itch to just start collecting parts and build later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom