!!21 hrs of light during flower!!??

• Thread starter risingsunpharms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

risingsunpharms

So, i'm wrapping up week 6 and my plants are basically giving me a huge boner all the time. I mean they are sexy! Lights on from 7pm-7am. 5k. 16x6 space. Multiple strains

This is how today went:

Hmmmm....its 3:55 pm and the temp in my room is 77 degrees. Whats going on in there?? My plants better not be partying without me. Lets go investigate.
Black out the house-check. Grab my fancy green light-check. Dress like a ninja-check. Time for a grow room invasion......

WTF!!!!!! ORANGE LIGHT!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! MY LIFE IS OVER!!!! WHY MEEEEEEEEE

Ok. Enough feeling sorry for myself. To make a long disturbing story short I was moving timers around and did not notice the programed times on one of my titan control timers had cleared its settings without losing the set time. I move these things around with no problem and they always usually keep the settings with the battery backup. Not today though. Instead of 12 hrs one 1k bulb stayed on for 21 hrs!!

I've got some advice from a few sources. Some are saying proceed like nothing ever happened and retain your original cycle. Another says start your new 12 hr cycle from the point you noticed the light on and turned it off, making my new daylight period from 4am-4pm(yeah pretty ridiculous). My grow partner, who is some self proclaimed organic chemist master gardener tells me i should implement some extra darkness. Like 27 hrs worth. Until 7pm tomorrow when the light would normally turn on.

What do you guys think?? I know that light interruption is a somewhat common issue. What have some of you done in situations like this? At the very least just stroke my ego and tell me it's gonna be fine.

Now i'm off to go grab some tissues for my issues....
-RSP

J

johndeere

Always usually.... Just keep your regular cycle and watch for nanners. Any kind of crazy fipping and flopping around would just make things worse by providing a healthy dose of stress.

squiggly

squiggly

I'm an organic chemist and think your bud should read more. Move on with your normal schedule begging your 12 hrs of dark right after u turn that light off.

Top Bottom