hello,i gat Quality MMJ,Moon
Rock,Cannabis Oil,Wax and shatter at
street price. Text 980 202 3034
Me too..and at much better prices ..
202-514-2000
Jeff sessions2

P

PassTheJ

I've done both. Many say 24 stresses the plants but idk. Seems like the only difference is how often you have to water. Growth rates didn't seem effected.

Try it.. it'll make little to 0 difference.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

18 0n 6 off max, look at it this way the longest day of the year is 15hours & 3min, you are running your plants 18 hours, marijuana plants need a period of darkness!!!!!!! Unless you live in the artic you dont see the sun shine 24 7, at least give your plants the 6 hours of darkness they need.

centralcoast

centralcoast

Think of it this way, how would you feel being awake 24/7 without any rest time?

There’s your answer.

G gnome

G gnome

18 0n 6 off max, look at it this way the longest day of the year is 15hours & 3min, you are running your plants 18 hours, marijuana plants need a period of darkness!!!!!!! Unless you live in the artic you dont see the sun shine 24 7, at least give your plants the 6 hours of darkness they need.
They dont actually "need" a dark period..
And idk where ur comin up w the longest dayof the year being 15hrs and 3 min. ...? It depends on where u live in relation to the equator. The farther from the equator u live the more drastic the length of the day changes.

Ive done well w both 24 and 18/6. I run 18/6 only to save on electricity.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

True, I live in the northeast we have a shorter growing season then say someone in Georgia, where I live the rule is you dont put your plants out until memorial day, you chop late sep, early oct, our longest day, June 21 the summer solstice is 15hr 3min but I still adimitley say your plants need a period of rest & darkness how would you like not being able to sleep, not even a lousy 6 hours, I have crps, I'm lucky to get 4, I feel like shit, give your plants a rest!

P

PassTheJ

They dont actually "need" a dark period..
And idk where ur comin up w the longest dayof the year being 15hrs and 3 min. ...? It depends on where u live in relation to the equator. The farther from the equator u live the more drastic the length of the day changes.

Ive done well w both 24 and 18/6. I run 18/6 only to save on electricity.

But bro... I thought pot was human.. That's why my plants sleep 8 hours a day.. 10 hours on Sunday.

Some people humanize their pot a bit too much. None of it is based on scientific evidence.

G gnome

G gnome

But bro... I thought pot was human.. That's why my plants sleep 8 hours a day.. 10 hours on Sunday.

Some people humanize their pot a bit too much. None of it is based on scientific evidence.
I agree....had a guy tell me once he wud never give his plants water from a dehumidifier cuz he himself wudnt drink it....i sed i wudnt drink compost tea neither but i give my plants that too....haha

I did 24/0 for years w/o a single noticeable adverse reaction and again the only reason i do 18/6 is to save on power

P

PassTheJ

I agree....had a guy tell me once he wud never give his plants water from a dehumidifier cuz he himself wudnt drink it....i sed i wudnt drink compost tea neither but i give my plants that too....haha

I did 24/0 for years w/o a single noticeable adverse reaction and again the only reason i do 18/6 is to save on power

Lmfao.. I enjoy a nice plate of Guam poo on a cold winters day too..

My mother n law used to work as a agricultural manager in Russia for a company that produced all types of vegetables during communist era. She said they ran their stuff 24 7 in green houses. Otherwise people would starve.

I run my room 24/7 simply because I'm too lazy to hit the switches.

Point is.. The hardest thing as a novice who's attempting to learn the trade, is managing between plant science and grower orthodoxy.

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

There was a study on this and 24/7 was found to have no ill effects. The little growth over these last few hours had diminishing returns and there for was not worth the power consumed.

Leew421

Leew421

I dare to be different at 17/7 You really aren't doing any favors above 18 hours. You pay more in electric mostly. There are no specific rules here. Basic guidelines for sure. 12 or less hours, even 13 hours of light will induce flowers. It never hurts to try.

MW7945

MW7945

IMO, I saw no difference in growth, so yeah. Unless you feel like paying for the extra 6 hours of electricity for shits n gigs 18/6 is probably the way to go

dan1989

dan1989

You've probably already got all your equipment since you're asking this question but hear me out. Let's say you decide to go with 24-0, cos regardless of whether people believe cannabis plants need a 'rest' period, the fact is that countless growers have successfully produced high quality, strong and vigorous plants under 24 hours light. The plant will get its damn darkness and rest lol when it flowers, so let's just assume for now that 24-0 is the best schedule, gives fastest growth rate, which allows the grower to do more training in same amount of time, which produces more bud sites available to blast with wattage in flower stage. Money made from either selling bud or saving money spent on weed will surely far out weigh the meagre savings you will make on power consumption.

With that, I'd get a couple cheapo LED light units like VIPARSPECTRA 600w or basically anything that will give you at least 250 true watts per unit from the wall, and run them 24/7 until flower. Then switch to HPS. Or use COB lighting all throughout. These seem to be the most popular and proven ways. CMH has a large following too, and is of great interest to me, as well as COB lighting as aforementioned.

You've not actually told us what light you're using, so you've got a hell of a list to pick from there bro. If it's cheap LED, 24-0. All of this was just my opinions and drawn from my 3 and a halfish years of fairly successful experience. I spent most of that time experimenting trying to pull as much bud as possible from a crappy cheapo Chinese '600w' LED light with true output of around 80w :D I got 1.67 ounces from that light the final run I did with it so I know what works for me and 24-0 is the best, no question.

Edit: I'm assuming you're closet or spare room tent growing or whatever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom