24/7 Or 18/6

• Thread starter zeusk9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dan1989

dan1989

I hate to give off the impression that I'm arrogant and don't want to listen to people's ideas but here's how I look at it. Somebody who's obviously a new grower has come on here asking for ideas. They probably thinks they're bound to get some great answers because this is a reputable website with good resources. Instead they get flim flam about the plant needing a rest and not giving any credible example of what the negative side effects of using 24-0 actually are.

There is obviously no right answer to this question, it's all down to individual choice but when I see old wives tales it makes me wonder if the person is genuinely trying to help or just saying something for the sake of it.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

The final note, yes you can do it, it has been proven, you will not get more weed just a higher electric bill, I still adimitley stress plants need at least a 6 hour period of darkness.

dan1989

dan1989

The final note, yes you can do it, it has been proven, you will not get more weed just a higher electric bill, I still adimitley stress plants need at least a 6 hour period of darkness.

Hi Sno, of course I'm not saying the extra light gives you more weed. I'm saying you get six hours extra growth time, and obviously growing indoors you will have topped and tied down your dozen or so extra growth tips on each plant, which will thrive and grow larger under the extra blue light they're being treated to. They must feel so lucky because their cousins from outside don't get that.

I'm not saying you create more weed, you get the most out of your plants and space. Sell an ounce, you've practically got your savings in power back for the year.

P

PassTheJ

All you do is stress your plants, get no extra weed, a higher electric bill, im in next time i will run mine 24 7.
Running 247 is a waste of electric. But I do notice faster growth with a 247 cycle between weeks 2-4 when they're still rather small. I think at a certain stage it might be helpful. To each his own.

P

PassTheJ

Could be but when you start messing around with your light cycle not good
Actually what are your thoughts on changing light sources midway. I was going to finish my last burple harvest and get new lights but I stressed and bent then so much, my burples are taking forever to recover them.

So I was thinking about buying 2 SpyderxPlus and transitioning them into flower under something much much better.

I don't see any problems with it but I have never done it so I don't know.

dan1989

dan1989

Running 247 is a waste of electric. But I do notice faster growth with a 247 cycle between weeks 2-4 when they're still rather small. I think at a certain stage it might be helpful. To each his own.

To each his own exactly. I think beyond saying try and see, we should leave it at that, agreed? Good debate though, no dick whipping out :)

dan1989

dan1989

Actually what are your thoughts on changing light sources midway. I was going to finish my last burple harvest and get new lights but I stressed and bent then so much, my burples are taking forever to recover them.

So I was thinking about buying 2 SpyderxPlus and transitioning them into flower under something much much better.

I don't see any problems with it but I have never done it so I don't know.

I've been trying CFL then switching to LED for later veg, had good results. Not much to compare to though, always been straight LED for me in veg.

P

PassTheJ

So how can you make that statement if you've basically just admitted you've never tried it?

That's a very good point. We could chalk it up to growers orthodoxy.

To each his own exactly. I think beyond saying try and see, we should leave it at that, agreed? Good debate though, no dick whipping out :)

Bro.. This is rare. At times I'm afraid to even say something knowing every soy boy milk bar will try to out dick me for the sake of out dicking.

I dont think anything bad will come about. Especially if I'm upgrading from a dead hooker to a playboy centerfold...

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I do change lights, in veg I use a California light works veg master solar storm led chip diode light, when i switch over to bloom I use a California light works solar storm led chip diode 110 bloom booster, marijuana plants need different light at different stages of growth, these are great lights for a small grow, since I bought 2 he gave me a 50 dollar discount so for 2 decent lights I payed $550, and they sell much better models for much more mony, but for a small grow and $550 for decient lights I think I came out on top, WARNING do not buy a Mars hydro light!!!!! A cheap friend of mine bought 1 to save mony, light wont penetrate canopy cheap Chinese reversed engineered piece of crap, I think they go for under $200 spend the extra c note and get a halfway decent set of lights.

Snoleperd

Snoleperd

I may have misunderstood your question, are you saying you want to switch to a different light during your grow? If I understand you right you may be growing with metal halide and want to switch to say led is that what you are saying? I dont honestly know if I would do that, I would waite until she finished veg and then you can put any bloom light you want over her, since I never tried this I cant recommed you try, but in my personal opinion it may shock the plant a bit, but once it gets used to it it will probably be fine.

Top Bottom