240 volt timer for Gavita 1000...?

• Thread starter shaker1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hank

Hank

Shake1 check out my thread "Moving Indoors" I have some pictures, let me know what you think.
Im seriously thinking about upgrading the fan. The store I bought my fan from said I could bring it back if I didnt like it. I think a 8 inch would be better. But I also heard its not good to go anymore than I exchange per hour because it dehydrates the plants.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I had to put holes in the wall to bring in winter air, lol...low 80's at 1150w, about 2ft above canopy...with a 12" fan and 400cfm, 6" to 8" exhaust...in a 3.5 x 3.5 space....if you have the chance to upgrade now, I would go big on the exhaust fan with speed control....I'm going to a vortex 8" next time! Good air movement is critical with high heat, imo. Here's a little pic of what I got goin' on........

Shake1 check out my thread "Moving Indoors" I have some pictures, let me know what you think.
Im seriously thinking about upgrading the fan. The store I bought my fan from said I could bring it back if I didnt like it. I think a 8 inch would be better. But I also heard its not good to go anymore than I exchange per hour because it dehydrates the plants.

I just put a 1000w light in my 4'x8'x7.5' tent. I placed a swamp cooler on the floor at the entrance and zipped the tent flap closed as well as I could around it and run it on medium, with water. This A. ventilates the tent by pushing air into it, B. cools the air, and C. humidifies it. I run an 8" muffin fan on a variable fan speed controller, turned down nice and low! With the tent all sealed up and the swamper running, the temps stay about 70 even in the tent, and humidity is around 50-60%. Turn up the muffin fan and it will suck air out too fast for the swamper and the tent will heat up. Try this without a swamp cooler and the temps will be higher and the RH a lot lower. Smaller tents will work the same way. It's not about the size, it's about how efficiently you're managing your heat buildup- small tents just react faster.

Hank

Hank

It would be nice if I could get away with this 6in fan, its nice and quite. Thanks for the info ttystikk but could you elaborate on how to construct a swamp cooler.

Top Bottom