24k Gold - My 2nd Grow Ever - Cfl Stealth Indoor (cheaply)

• Thread starter PurplePlants
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Plants dont need fertilized pHed water until after the first set of round leaves dies off.
Thank you for that... Was never sure... although i have read that those round leaves have enough nutes for the first 2 weeks? not 100% sure on the time frame... but usually they will die off.. but yes thank you for that info...
Have been feeding normal water since i saw the nute burn 1st appear... (glad to see all new growth is pure lol)

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My cotyledons usually feed mine for the first month. I don't feed mine at all in coco until they start to lighten in color after the cotyledons start to die. Not only am I cheap, I live a days drive from the nearest garden store and when I first started here someone told me not to feed early, been doing it that way from the start and never had problems with seedlings. (Aside from soil or pest related problems) I feed straight water sometimes straight from the tap, un pHed, in coco, until the cotyledons die with no nutrient problems.....every time I pop a seed....

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Good afternoon everyone...

So i took some pics again today... (she has grown quite a bit that she is touching the one side...)
20170721 100536

20170721 100549

Glad she is growing nicely now... her round leaves have died... so does that mean i should start nutes?

This is a pic of one of the colas or heads on one of my outdoors (1st grow ever)....
She is White Widow... very cold outside so she is changing....
20170721 150335

The first time i put them outside was for 4 days... being noob and all that... they were dying... Phosphorus def....
But then i put them inside for a few nights... only during the night... then i got sick... they were left outside but were not dying... changing colour yes.. but not dying anymore... so they must have gotten used to the cold... all the heads are these pink/red colour pistils...
Just thought it was kinda cool so i shared... won't do this again for my 1st grow... that was a bad grow but they grew anyway. even with all my errors.... they just kept on... amazing plants (not mine, just the cannabis plant in general.)

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I would also say you should try to not get drops of water on the leaves. Even cfl can burn the leaves if there's drops on it. It's like a magnifying glass
Thanks for that info... i only purposefully did it because our humidity here in PTA right now is less than 9%... even my lips are drying out...
Will not do that in the future... easier to water them without wetting them :)

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Thanks for that info... i only purposefully did it because our humidity here in PTA right now is less than 9%... even my lips are drying out...
Will not do that in the future... easier to water them without wetting them :)
If you do that or foliar treat anything donit whenbthe lights are off

Traviscorzin

Traviscorzin

Good looking grow bud! Love your choice for genetics. good luck battling the weather. Doin the same thing, halfway around the world. Much love from socal.

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Good looking grow bud! Love your choice for genetics. good luck battling the weather. Doin the same thing, halfway around the world. Much love from socal.
Thank you so much for the compliment.
I decided to take a few more pictures. These are taken 9 hours after this mornings photos. She is standing so proud...
20170721 191433

20170721 191419

Then i decided to look deep inside under all that growth.... I must say i was surprised. (only reason i say i am surprised is because my first grow... they did not do this!!! Could be that i have much more light now than i did on my previous grow...)

20170721 191611

20170721 191718

Is that normal for so small? She popped on the 5 July 2017... Doesn't matter much... i am proud of her... (getting back into my grows now... i don't feel like i did 3 weeks ago up till last week.)

Anyway... here is the Northern Lights... She popped out the soil on the 13 July 2017:
20170721 191453

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Hey good looking farmers...
I am in such a good mood today.
My baby has grown... a lot... for CFL's and mud... lol landscapers choice...
Anyway... check how big she is... had to take the picture from further away than i thought...
20170722 193152

She is covering her entire pot... as if to say... it's mine!!! haha... i am struggling to keep the temps up in the hi-tech box...
It is staying around 20-22 degrees Celsius, but she is showing amazing growth for what i have...
Here is the Northern Lights... I will move her closer to the lights tomorrow like i did with ... not sure what to name her yet.. Probably Betty... If anyone wants to name her drop a name... It will be put on her pot for the rest of her life...

I have a funny story... this really happened... and it happened during my first grow... 7 April 2017...
I named all my plants... gave them the names of my girlfriends female friends.. One was my girlfriends name... one was Clarien... one was Mary (random name made up on the spot)... one was Eunice... one was Tharina... and the last one was Elizabeth... My girlfriends idea... so as time went on... i started to notice something strange... the plants i named... took on the personalities of her friends...
Eunice in real life is tiny... so was her plant... she was also once upon a time into girls... i saw her as the man... now she dates guys... but her plant was the only one in the whole bunch to hermie... i still laugh about that...

Anyway... here is the Northern Lights...
20170722 193259

Enjoy your night my fellow farmers...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Good evening fellow farmers...

So today was a slow day for... relaxed and snapped some pictures...
20170723 192737

She is growing so nicely... She feels very planty... lol for our humidity that is amazing. I have her elevated out the drip tray so any water that runs off... i leave to allow it to evaporate during the day... seems like that is keeping the humidity up.
20170723 192643

I know its blurry but haven't trained her yet. Seems she will have many colas... Can't wait...
Here is the Northern Lights...
20170723 192632

Enjoy your night my fellow farmers...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Good morning fellow farmers...

Today i woke up, read a few journals and thought... "fuck it, let's grow some plants"
Went through all my seeds and found out i have way to many unknown seeds... but i do have a few known ones...
Have some AK-47 (19 seeds), Northern Lights (20 seeds), White Rhino (roughly 45 seeds), Silver Haze (2 seeds), 24k Gold (23 seeds), Lemon Haze (6 seeds), Cali-O (4 seeds)... those are the ones i know the names of....

The sad thing is i never documented the ones before... Only have dates on when i got them... But they were cali-o and some others... but no names... bleh!!!
I will probably mass plant those unknowns once i have moved in December...

So to cut this long story short... I am going to grow White Rhinos!!! (31 May 2017 seeds) Seeing as i have about 40+ seeds... i think i will be germinating roughly 10 of them at once...
Going to be using the plate method i saw @rmoltis use in his grow journal... Great to see the experience of the growers grow in each journal as time goes on...

Have all 10 in a plate with carton roll.... layers as the base... wet, not soaking... and the top to put over is carton roll as well, wet not soaking.
Not going to soak any of them in water as they are fairly new seeds.

Will post pictures of my Northern Lights and 24k soon. Just need to finish some work quickly.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I have done ak 47 and lemon haze they stank so good the ak loves cooler temps makes the nugs turn to rocks your grow is looking good for sure

when I do seed I soak tell they all sink then on paper towl then in to something to keep the Rh up u don't want them to ever dry out or get cold or they done best of luck with your new seeds

Last edited:
PurplePlants

PurplePlants

I have done ak 47 and lemon haze they stank so good the ak loves cooler temps makes the nugs turn to rocks your grow is looking good for sure

when I do seed I soak tell they all sink then on paper towl then in to something to keep the Rh up u don't want them to ever dry out or get cold or they done best of luck with your new seeds

Thank you for the info on AK-47 loving the cooler temps... Will definitely germinate 6 of them now as well... Separate plate...

The glass method... i tried that, none of them popped... it might be 2 cold my side... everything has this chill feeling to it... even when i stand in the sun...

So now i have 10x White Rhino and 6x AK-47 germinating.... 1x 24k and 1x Northern Lights growing already...
1x White Widow (was indoor, now outdoor) and 2x Cali-O (was indoor, now outdoor)

Thanks to everyone who comments and helps me out with information. Love you all........

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ww I have done as well mine all wanted to turn in to a bush and I loved that the smell is in a class of its own

Im so jelly id love to try northern lights

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

ww I have done as well mine all wanted to turn in to a bush and I loved that the smell is in a class of its own

Im so jelly id love to try northern lights
I have only smoked Northern Lights about 6 times in total... Can't really give you info on it since all my sessions are blurred into one big memory... lol

My semi-outdoor WW smells amazing... Although i did chop her the least out of all the ones in my first grow... (still to much i guess)
But here is a few pics of my WW with some noobish LST:
20170724 085507

20170724 085535

20170724 085802

She has 5 colas... Had more... but chopped them off... told you it was noobish... lol

Definitely the last time i post her... Her sisters... the new ones coming up will be all documented... My outdoors was a test run / free smoke for when they are done...

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

u all ways have some crazy colors lovely

on the green tie id not put it on so tight I have that stuff my self and have 1 or 2 times cut in to the plant with it as the plant swells with growth

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

on the green tie id not put it on so tight I have that stuff my self and have 1 or 2 times cut in to the plant with it as the plant swells with growth
Yeah i know about the green ties... lol it's all the plant shop near me sells... I have cut into them with those ties... So what i do now, is i go out every morning and just place the tie in a different spot on the stem... Bought a 10m roll of the stuff...
I will modify them for the next grow (place some fuzzy material where it touches on the plants or something)

Every bit of bad growing i could have done on my 1st grow... i have done it... defoliated to much... stressed them... made them 2 cold... you name it i have probably done it...

That is why my grow that is in progress now will be much better. All thanks to everyone's comments and help...

PurplePlants

PurplePlants

Thank you once again for that.... I have now placed some material between the green tie down and the plant.
Will be doing this to all future plants..
20170724 131621

Top Bottom