25 Years Growing Indoors by DJ Short - 1999

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

aaxxeell

thanks for the history, it was a good read tex :cool

"The first indica buds entered the market in 1979. They all came from one source in Northern California who had imported the seed directly from Afghanistan. Short, stout, dark, compact and skunky, these plants were totally different from what the industry had been accustomed to. The most desirable features of the pure indica varieties were their compact productivity and short growing season. Indica plants produced large, dense potent buds very quickly. They soon became the variety of choice for growers, especially those on the indoor scene. The pure Indica head was generally much more of a narcotic and sleepy/dreamy body high, as opposed to the soaring cerebral buzzes of the sativas."

you probably allready know tex but the very 1st guy (we will call him the "european gentleman") to fly over to afghanistan and bring back seed was in 1976 and kept it under tight wraps for a few years and shared it with a select few in his close circle up near mendo'...

funny what you mentioned about the head highs back then... as all the local guys that were introduced to the afghan indicas couldnt explain the strong body stone back then and started cross pollenating their fav' sativas like acapulco gold and panama red to try and make the best of both worlds and the rest is history as they say :rock

S

strictlyOG

afghanistan has some really nice cuts thats in our very fine medicine now a days. such as skywalker og.. ahhh that makes my mouth water everytime i think of their medicine. we are so lucky to have all of these cuts and equiptment available to us so easily now.:rollj:

N

noharmnofoul

much respect shoutout to the pioneers(short) n thanks again tk im new to the forum but i gotta pay homage i c u on the threads n u always drop mad knowledge

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
DJ short is great. What breeding should be

Top Bottom