25x25 Room Drain To Waist Drip Feed Ideals 150 Feeders

• Thread starter iceman3000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
iceman3000

iceman3000

hi looking for input from everyone with good ideals
want to build a system that will feed 150 pots top feed drain to waist want any and all ideals for set up will be using 3x6 trays in 3gl pots with coco.. if you have pics post them or input post it
rez size
pump size
layout
pvc or 1/2 inch tub
drippres or open 1/4 line
manifold or main artery with feed lines off of it.
ect.. you get the ideal so lets get to posting
thanks iceman

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

I saw this trick where they put a funnel in your pants and drain water through it from your waist

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

I have built about 10 systems exactly what u are describing. I run them on a dig propagation timer. It runs the pumps and sprinkler valves. And 1 valve for a recirculation line to mix the rezi before it waters. I built 2 24x20 rooms with 6 zones each. Each zone has about 50 micro sprayers coming off each zone. I just thread in 1/4" micro sprayers into drip line and hang them upside down with sprayer stakes. 2-4 gallon pots get 1-2 sprayers the 20 gallon pots kick ass with 3 sprayers. Fully automated rooms. Just keep the rezi full and the filters clean. I can get a whole parts breakdown if u are interested. I haven't done it yet but I wouldn't even have to mix nutes if I got a couple few dosatron dosers and a ph doser

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

http://www.amazon.com/Galcon-12-Station-Outdoor-Irrigation-Controller/dp/B00ES8NXRM
They market the timers as "dig" or galcon. You have to get a pump start relay. (About 80$) the timer will tell the psr to turn the pump on. We run a sump pump out of the rezi to a harbor freight pressure booster pump(160$) to get about 50 psi. All other brands are like 500 and u can get a warranty for 3 years. The psr runs both pumps simultaneously. Then run out to your valves. I use 1" pvc for all transfer lines 1" valves and then go to 3/4 after the valve. Some of the new rooms I go to drip line after the valve and then you don't need manifolds. Manifolds are nice to put a manual valve in front of and have a Lil more flow control on each zone. Run a in line filter in the recirculation line that mixes the rezi before it waters. Them another filter on the main transfer line. The recirculation filter should get most of the shit before it goes to the main transfer line filter. 100 gallon rezi lasts 11 lights about 3-5 days. Sprayers are simikiar to ez clone sprayers but only .06$ at the irrigation store. Use the highest flow sprayer to prevent clogs. It took me a while to figure out all the necessary parts but I have it figured out and this system working in 6 different customers rooms right now and a light dep greenhouse. All coco all drain to waste. Oh yeah and all the rooms only have 8' ceilings so there was no room for trays. We build sloping wood floors that all drain to a rain gutter that either drains or pumps out to a drain. The wood all gets covered with this fancy thin 4'x8' white pvc sheeting you can get from home depot. Works great. That timer is the only one I found that you can program to the second good luck I can get some pics tomorrow

Reactions: MSH
Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Dosatrons are sick but without a 15k ro filter you will always need a rezi I have the 800$ evolution ro and it would never run the drip system without a rezi and a pump. It only flows like 10 gallon per hour or something like that. How are you doing it?

The Terps

The Terps

Ah I'm blessed I live in Shasta county we have top notch water my spot is 40 ppm on a bad day so I'm just connected to the main.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

If I had water like that I would be doing it. I'm still thinking about just a fresh water rezi and dosatrons. Are they pretty reliable for you? Do you run a ph doser with the system as well? So Cal water is like 300-400 ppm dog shit

The Terps

The Terps

No my buddy almost did cause my buddies spot is on a well good water extra iron and high ph. He just switched to the AN sensi ph perfect base and his water is now 6.2. I run mills with hydroplex swaped with c4 and my combo meter ran out of batteries 8 months ago so I quit fretting and reap the rewards my yeilds are steady 2.5-3 a light so I don't plan to change a thing. Buddy also mills and hydroplex just an base now. No vitalize or start r I may add the start r I've tried the si everything I thought I could take it or leave it so I left it. That 1 ml per gal doser is a g so I just have the 14 gph that do 3.5 to 35ml per gal. I've had to dilute some stuff to get the right ratios but ya dosers are dope.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

As long as you can do some basic wiring and glue pvc, irrigation is a simple and fun project. I build or help build 1 or 2 irrigation systems a month, I don't have a preferred brand or setup, every situation has been different. If you can't use tap I would advise against dosers, unless you can supply more ro than you need. Will you need to hand water any plants with this setup? About how much water do your plants drink a day, and how many times do you water in a day?

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Do you use a pressure pump on your system soladarity? I never did when I had manual valves. Then when I started using sprinkler valves I couldn't get the sprayers to spray for shit. Like you said though, some really basic wiring and some pic glue and a day of labor. Pretty simple to build once you figure out what you want to do. Every system is always a Lil different then the last depending on the room.

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

Drain to waste in coco is my favorite method I've tried so far. Interested tk see where this goes

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Do you use a pressure pump on your system soladarity? I never did when I had manual valves. Then when I started using sprinkler valves I couldn't get the sprayers to spray for shit. Like you said though, some really basic wiring and some pic glue and a day of labor. Pretty simple to build once you figure out what you want to do. Every system is always a Lil different then the last depending on the room.

yeah I usually use a pressurized pump, I'm about to experiment with a low pressure drip tape system for some organic plants in a greenhouse. I almost always use the cheapo jet pumps from home depot, I put an expansion tank on them to help maintain pressure, plus it's extremely helpful because you can leave the pump on standby so it only turns on when there's a loss of pressure in the tank (i.e. when a valve opens) and you can skip having to wire a pump start relay.

good info here as far as emitters go:

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/what-sprayers-are-these.78730/#post-1617105

Top Bottom