2nd Grow - Magnum 357 - OG Kush

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Thats a sick as grow you got going there. Nice nus as well. I'm setting up a 30" x 30" with 2 60wt led's while he's outta of town. He's gonna go crazy when he gets back. I was just wondering, and you've might of posted it already, and shame on me if you did, what kind of ventilation you run in that tent? I'm thinking of a 4" inline.

Actually I just got one of these though I didn't get it from this site or anything, just an example.

Then I screwed it to a square wood fitting that I had cut a 4inch circle out of and tacked a duct with a drain attached to it. In between 2 drain faces is some screen and some carbon pellets for the smell.

It doesn't pull really hard being a 105cfm fan with some carbon pellet resistance, but it pulls just hard enough to give my small tent negative pressure. An intake vent on the bottom left side is open with a humidifier right outside.

Then I just have 2 internal Walmart fans that blow over the canopy.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

So my screen was pretty much full and I was gonna switch to Flower but I decided I wanted to grow the plants a little taller before flipping. So I moved the screen up about 2 or 3 inches and will let them grow back into it.

It's so bushy I already trimmed a lot of undergrowth but still a lot of work ahead of me in that department.

V21

V22

V23

V24

V25

V26

V27

T

testez

whoa i love you tent bros. damn fine, and clean set up. notice any difference with the air pots yet? are air pots to air prune your roots? or is this superior for drainage?

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

whoa i love you tent bros. damn fine, and clean set up. notice any difference with the air pots yet? are air pots to air prune your roots? or is this superior for drainage?

Thanks a lot testez!

Yes Air Pots are for Air pruning the roots, but they do also drain very well and I have noticed they dry a lot faster too which is perfect for LED because LED doesn't tend to dry mediums very fast since there is little heat. Now I can fit more feedings in per cycle.

T

testez

right on, good work. :) I think I'm gonna look into the air pots as well for my led projects.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

right on, good work. :) I think I'm gonna look into the air pots as well for my led projects.

Ye, I was just saying in another forum that I think they would be pretty nice for flushing too since the mesh bottom drains a lot faster then the couple holes on standard pots. I like em so far, see what the end result looks like.

O

Obtuse

Very nice set up here Ca5per. I have a few questions for you.

Are you using another cab or something for veg or are you waiting for your harvest to move partially veg'd plants to the tent to continue veg for another week or so?

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

When you're doing a SCROG do you have to Veg into the screen?

Hey Obtuse thanks for checking my ladies out haha. If you look back in my journal you will see the Rubbermaid type box I made. I start clones in there and then do a little Topping and/or FIMing to try and slow the Vertical growth long enough to get my Flowering crop out of the tent to make room. It's an incomplete setup though as I want a 2nd Tent to go along with my current setup so that I will have 3 stage. Ideally plants would spend 6-7 weeks per stage.

I am currently saving up to get a Mag+ when they are released and that will be my Final stage tent, with the Original Magnum 357 as my Veg tent and the Fluro Box and my clone clipping starter and lite veg chamber.

As for how to do SCROG I have seen people do it a number of ways and I am not sure what way is best but my inspiration for my tent size was a guy named TheWaterBoy here http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/743277-thewaterboys-grow-mile-high.html

O

Obtuse

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at following your setup in a sense of size and you really turned me on to the LED. Although they cost the extra dollars they look to pay off in the long run in a smaller grow with less heat and easier ventilation.

How big of a cab/ tent are you looking at for your veg as far as height goes? You probably are only using 4' max with airpots for veg.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at following your setup in a sense of size and you really turned me on to the LED. Although they cost the extra dollars they look to pay off in the long run in a smaller grow with less heat and easier ventilation.

How big of a cab/ tent are you looking at for your veg as far as height goes? You probably are only using 4' max with airpots for veg.

Yeah I for sure don't need as big of a tent for Veg but will likely just end up getting another of the same tent. That way I have flexibility if I ever want to do some head to head battles between lights or strains.

T

testez

Yeah I for sure don't need as big of a tent for Veg but will likely just end up getting another of the same tent. That way I have flexibility if I ever want to do some head to head battles between lights or strains.

Whoa nice. Sign me up to sub those battle bros. :)

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Alright so growth has been crazy and I am a little nervous because my SCROG screen is gonna be mighty crowded but we'll see how she goes. So these are the plants right out of the tent....

PT1

PT2

PT3

and these are them after giving them another nice trim on the bottom, including making some cuttings for clones...

AT1

AT2

AT3

Here are the cuttings I took, using Rapid Rooters this time instead of the pucks, got the little trays that hold them too....

C1

C2

C3

Finally here is the tent after placing the plants back in, moving the screen down quite a bit and training as much as possible. I also just gave them their transition feeding as they prepare for the 12/12 flip......

S1

S2

S3

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 1 of 12/12

I only have the Blue Spectrum on because the Pictures look better that way.

F11

F12

F13

F14

F15

T

testez

All do respect RC, does this look like HAY? If so then I now know why the horses on the farm look so happy. :)

LMAO HERE'S SOME HAY THAT I'LL GET YA RIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work CASP3R keep it up bros. and I can;t wait to see the results with your mini scrog. Thinking of doing similar of proven beneficial.

Latest posts

Top Bottom