2nd Grow - Magnum 357 - OG Kush

• Thread starter CA5P3R
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Hey Casper!!!

Amazing grow man! I just finished reading your entire thread and I have to say that I am very impressed and very inspired by your grow :)

I attempted to send you a PM, but since I am still a newbie I guess I need to get my post count up before I can have a chat with you haha.

Either way, great job so far... and I really look forward to seeing how your awesome grow progresses over the next few weeks.

I hope to be PM'ing you soon. Take care brother :)

Thanks a lot man. Feel free to ask any questions. I am still learning and it's best to get a good discussion going to get new ideas.

T

testez

lol, caught up with the updates in your thread CA5P3R. Sorry for the lack of comments recently just been insane busy with re organizing some spaces. Sucks that you had a spill, but luckily it wasn't something over like 50 litres lol. I've been there, not fun, funny yeah but not fun.

In regards to the plug adn play aspect i never saw it that way. It's intereting though to see it like that. I have been in some shady places were you wouldn;t want to spend more then 15 minutes in non the less leave the stuff alone. That's the drtaw back with HID's is when they fail it can be catastrophic (i've had a light malfunction, explode, and mercury was all over my set up about 14-15 years ago.) Not fun @ all and this one isn;t funny either. scare the shit outta me. Don;t get me wrong, i still used and still am using HID;s but the ballasts's are safer (digital), the bulbs are safer. everything is safer so not such a concern anymore. If I had to honestly say would i leave a place running LED's rather then a HID's I would definitely say yes though.

Training can be a pain for sure, especially if you gotta get em back into the screen, Iy's the drawback of a scrog, also no rotation can be made. I'm a big fan of getting in there and turning stuff around once a week so that all angles are covered. To each his own though and in my view your doing very well. Keep up the good work and pics.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

lol, caught up with the updates in your thread CA5P3R. Sorry for the lack of comments recently just been insane busy with re organizing some spaces. Sucks that you had a spill, but luckily it wasn't something over like 50 litres lol. I've been there, not fun, funny yeah but not fun.

In regards to the plug adn play aspect i never saw it that way. It's intereting though to see it like that. I have been in some shady places were you wouldn;t want to spend more then 15 minutes in non the less leave the stuff alone. That's the drtaw back with HID's is when they fail it can be catastrophic (i've had a light malfunction, explode, and mercury was all over my set up about 14-15 years ago.) Not fun @ all and this one isn;t funny either. scare the shit outta me. Don;t get me wrong, i still used and still am using HID;s but the ballasts's are safer (digital), the bulbs are safer. everything is safer so not such a concern anymore. If I had to honestly say would i leave a place running LED's rather then a HID's I would definitely say yes though.

Training can be a pain for sure, especially if you gotta get em back into the screen, Iy's the drawback of a scrog, also no rotation can be made. I'm a big fan of getting in there and turning stuff around once a week so that all angles are covered. To each his own though and in my view your doing very well. Keep up the good work and pics.

Welcome back! Don't sweat the no comments recently, everyone has their lives to tend to, can't expect my thread comes first haha.

Yeah other then the one issue with having to remove the SCROG, SCROGing has been a dream for training. Also I am loving that I only have 2 plants now instead of 4, those back to plants on my last grow were a real bitch to water sometimes.

Yeah without the SCROG last time I was doing the rotation a lot too, until the end when some of the heavier buds needed to be tied to the top of the tent. Suppose I could have used a tomato cage or something but that grow is old news now. Don't think I will have much worry with buds falling over this time.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 13 of 12/12

This is last night's update. Things are starting to look pretty nice.

F131

F132

F133

F134

F135

S

schismsociety

for a single DWC bucket would a Illuminator UFO 90W would be sufficent?or what are your thoughts?

O

Obtuse

Super full screen in that tent. Looking good Ca5per. Keep up the work.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

for a single DWC bucket would a Illuminator UFO 90W would be sufficent?or what are your thoughts?

I can't really say as I have no experience with that model. Does it have 3w chips? If not I wouldn't waste my time.

I have always been of the mentality to go big or go home when it comes to buying Technology. Nothing like a little overkill to make sure you get the job done right.

I have never been a fan of any UFOs, but that is mostly because the early ones were proven to be effective Veg units but not so effective with flowering. Since those I have really not kept up on any newer UFO models.

I spent a few solid months doing hours and hours of research a day on all the LED options but now that I have my Magnum and I know it works really well, I have not been doing any further LED research so I likely wouldn't be the person to ask.

Good luck with your search for the right unit for you though. Just remember you get what you pay for.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Super full screen in that tent. Looking good Ca5per. Keep up the work.

Thanks Obtuse! The magic weeks are incoming, I am getting excited. Once you start to see the sugar coating, everyday looking in the tent is like Christmas morning.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 14 of 12/12

Well 2 weeks are in the books. I got hammered last night so I only took a few pics and was way to wasted to upload them so this is from last night.

F141

F142

F143

F144

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Day 15 of 12/12

Alright the start of week 3 and I kept busy. Lots of pics today.

So I was playing around with the taking pictures with a flash in the different Spectrums that's why the different coloured shots.

So I gave them a watering today. First day I don't have to worry about any leaks, yes!

Gave the big girls another under trim.

Did a whole lot of tucking and repositioning today and I am hoping that is more or less it. I moved the light up from about 11 inches to 14 or 15 inches from canopy. I am hoping some of the smaller Flowers reach for the light while I do my best to control some of the stronger flowers. I at least have the flower spacing pretty nice now.

Also a look at the cuttings. I thought I was going to go 6 for 7 here but looks like the little one I refused to give up on finally pulled through. For sure going to use the one on the bottom right and still need to decide which my second one will be.

Oh and look at the close up, the start of sugar :)

Not bad for what should have been a hangover day.

F151

F152

F153

F154

F155

F156

F157

F158

F159

F1510

F1511

F1512

T

testez

Looking good wall to wall. I hope though that the ones closest to the wall won;t mildew up on you. make sure you keep a close eye on that for sure cause moisture can definitely build up there.

In regards to your cupped clones ... I like the fact that you don't user rooters or starter pucks but I would advise against putting them into stryrofoam ... In styrofoam you run the risk of having them (the plants) be poisoned I've had a batch in styrofoam and they tasted a bit odd and grew a bit weird. The best adn what most people use is food grade beer cups. Sturdy, you can poke holes all over to mimic your air pots and it's encourages partying just by the look of the cups lol. Oh I forgot to mention most beer cups can fit about dbl the grow medium as opposed to the styrofoam cups.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

Looking good wall to wall. I hope though that the ones closest to the wall won;t mildew up on you. make sure you keep a close eye on that for sure cause moisture can definitely build up there.

In regards to your cupped clones ... I like the fact that you don't user rooters or starter pucks but I would advise against putting them into stryrofoam ... In styrofoam you run the risk of having them (the plants) be poisoned I've had a batch in styrofoam and they tasted a bit odd and grew a bit weird. The best adn what most people use is food grade beer cups. Sturdy, you can poke holes all over to mimic your air pots and it's encourages partying just by the look of the cups lol. Oh I forgot to mention most beer cups can fit about dbl the grow medium as opposed to the styrofoam cups.

Thanks for stopping in. Actually I did use Rapid Rooters as you can see quite a few updates back. Never heard about the Styrofoam before but good tip. They don't stay in the cups for long though.

What I do is I start in RR, then when they start looking like they are recovering or I see roots poke out then I put them in these cups with some Pro Mix HP to get them accustomed to the new medium. Then once they have taken root in these cups and I can see new growth I give all the extra ones I don't need away and transplant my 2 into small pots the size that you will see this grow started with. Then once my tent becomes free I transplant them once more into 12.5L Airpots and move them to my tent.

One thing I do like about these little cups is that I can just peel them away when I am ready to transplant making no really pressure or anything on the root mass.

For those ones against the wall, I was thinking the same thing. I did have one or 2 buds on the last grow that did that and they turned out fine but I had that same concern. I have an AC unit and the climate is really dry here so I think I have a climate in there that won't promote that sort of thing but once they start budding up I can't stop looking them over because they look so beautiful so I will for sure be checking in on them a lot.

Thanks for the tips Test, always welcome. :)

datDANK

datDANK

i'm heading into week 2 with LEDs.. which day do you think the prebuds start stinking? right now i can squeeze the buds and almost no smell at all

my plants look to be right behind in line with yours in period and structure.

T

testez

DOH! put my foot in my mouth, or rather a rapid rooter lol. My bad, lol it's been awhile since I've been to the front of the thread. F.Y.I. you could directly put the cut into the cup right after making it instead of using a rooter ... saves on costs and 1 less transplant to do right? Also be aware that transplanting in itself stresses the plant. Vitamins are used to reduce that stress. I recommend Superthrive.

About the cups, in regards to size. come to think of it, smaller is probably better in your circumstances. We keep them for up to 2 months in beer cups and if they aren't in there long for you then yeah i can see how the size of the styrofoam cup would be better, also since they aren't in there for long i'm not sure if they would have time to get contaminated by the styrofoam. I now understand why you use(d) them and I agree that for your need it might be better. We have rows and rows of the beer cups going and sometimes while we wait for the final days of a room to be decontaminated we got 2 batches even in beer cups lol.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

i'm heading into week 2 with LEDs.. which day do you think the prebuds start stinking? right now i can squeeze the buds and almost no smell at all

my plants look to be right behind in line with yours in period and structure.

Nice I would be interested in seeing them. Do you have a journal?

I think a lot is strain dependant as far as smell goes. My tent was reeking by this time last grow and now I know for sure that was all the other Bag Seed strain I had in there with this current strain. The bagseed one even had a strong aroma during veg.

I wouldn't sweat it cause I stayed with this strain because it turned out to be the better weed and smelt a lot better once dried, whereas the one that had a big aroma during growth didn't end up having as nice a smell as the other even after they had both cured for over a month.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

DOH! put my foot in my mouth, or rather a rapid rooter lol. My bad, lol it's been awhile since I've been to the front of the thread. F.Y.I. you could directly put the cut into the cup right after making it instead of using a rooter ... saves on costs and 1 less transplant to do right? Also be aware that transplanting in itself stresses the plant. Vitamins are used to reduce that stress. I recommend Superthrive.

About the cups, in regards to size. come to think of it, smaller is probably better in your circumstances. We keep them for up to 2 months in beer cups and if they aren't in there long for you then yeah i can see how the size of the styrofoam cup would be better, also since they aren't in there for long i'm not sure if they would have time to get contaminated by the styrofoam. I now understand why you use(d) them and I agree that for your need it might be better. We have rows and rows of the beer cups going and sometimes while we wait for the final days of a room to be decontaminated we got 2 batches even in beer cups lol.

Yeah I thought about doing the straight Promix cloning but thought I better try something that's sole purpose is for cuttings just to be safe as I was new to it. I think I will build a mini bubble cloner with maybe 6-10 slots.

I see a lot of people use the beer cups, they are a little tall when I transplant to the first small pots I use. Right now I try to stunt my growth a bit as well because the plants currently have to spend a long time waiting on the tent to be empty, and not letting the roots go to crazy to fast help me keep it in control in the Rubbermaid box for a couple months. This will of course no longer be the case once I have another tent setup.

K11NG

K11NG

looking great tons of tops, deffinately gonna get a scrog going on my next set, seeing how good yours is turning out is giving me the push i need lol

O

Obtuse

The tent is looking great right now. Everything is reaching up real nice. Can't wait to see this one finished.

CA5P3R

CA5P3R

looking great tons of tops, deffinately gonna get a scrog going on my next set, seeing how good yours is turning out is giving me the push i need lol

Yeah I am liking it. I believe it is going to help me out in yield and if nothing else it will be one hell of an eye candy in a few weeks.

Top Bottom