2nd Grow - Super Silver Haze

• Thread starter stifler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stifler

So most people who come on here will know im almost done with my first grow and im ready to get going on my 2nd...

Im currently running coco and canna nutes but i get mixed reports from you guys on it so i figured id get some advice now not later!

About an hour ago i did the paper towel method to crack my seeds. they are Super Silver Haze so should be a nice smoke and a decent yield.

What id like to know is firstly after the initial cracking can i pot to small coco pot and put in the window (its summer and plenty of light about atm) until my girls have vacated my grow room or do i need a nursery? I have some CFL lamps i was growing with at first so i could use them in the nursery maybe? I think straight to HPS might be a bit much and ive never cracked a seed before so dont want to take any chances!

Also I want to run DWC but im currently in coco... should I or do i stick to what ive got? I think my room would suit DWC and i believe id shorten the grow time averall with a DWC set up but i have 1/2 the A+B left after this one so it would almost be a waste.

Id also like to talk nutes. im thinking if they are available at my local hydro store i want to go with Advanced nutrients as the daddy DD's uses them so cant be bad! OOOORRRR do i stick with canna? all my friends use canna and to be fair ive had no issues at all with the coco A+B but i feel they all jus copy each other and everyone ends up doin the same cos theyre sheep.

Advice people please as i wanna get this bang on without making loads of changes mid grow as i have had to this one.

BTW under my 400 my girls look to be about to give me approx 2-3 oz each in coco so i know there is potential in my room for more gpw & gpsqft so am i on the right track goin with DWC? my idea is this...

2x 80l waterbutts from my local garden centre.... they have stands they are compact, cheap and even have great lids designed to be cut (for the drain pipe) and taps in the bottom for drainage.
12" airstone in each
nice pump to blow the stones
tubing and assiciated accessories
its a DIY DWC but a good one id say

Help me out i want weight not just a good smoke you know. and i dont sell any its all personal usage so its not more for profit its more for a good time lol

S

stifler

ive read that lot yea but i dont wanna spend thousands on a set up. personally i think its finding the fine line between cost to run and results that makes sense

S

stifler

Anyone done the SSH? id love to hear what u thought and maybe see some pix

W

White Widower

I start from seed quite often and I pretty much always use the paper towel method. The way I do is fold the beans up in enough wet paper towel to where it won't dry out over night, place the paper towels with the seeds in them on a plate, put that inside a plastic shopping bag then prop the plate against a wall or put it on a shelf to where the plate and paper towels are vertical. That way when they sprout the little root tails can find there way down more easily , just seems more natural. I place the seeds with the more pointed end pointing down because when they sprout the root tails will already be facing down. It's hard to explain, hoping I'm not makin myself look dumb. I also use flouros for the seedlings so you're on the right track with the cfls. Don't have much experience with hydro or dwc but you could probably use coco in a dwc system, don't quote me on that. But as far as the beans go I don't see why you couldn't stick em some coco once they sprout, that is if you are wanting/can use coco in a dwc system.

S

stifler

i did the paper towel thing and then put it in a small food container and sealed. it went on my satellite box as its like a heat pad and in 2 days potted up into a small paper pots with coco and put into window.
Now stood up and loosing the shells so its all gravy.
Im thinking ill crop my grow, refit and tweak my room and then go for the best pheno and put both my coco tubs into one big one and grow 1 tree in my lil room rather than 2 as i have now. this is sativa dominant so should be big wheras im on indica atm.
Makes sense to use up my coco nutes and be gettin my dwc shizzle together in the mean time

M

MTM

I ran Mr.Nices SSH last year,I had 6 different phenos out of 15 seeds.I kept a pheno that went 11 weeks and was pure sativa.I also had a 14 weeker that I got 9 ounces out of in DWC,that pheno was pure haze but just did not taste right.I dont like the fat leave phenos,they tend to finish in 8 or 9 weeks but its just not my kind of buzz.If I can help PM me bro,Ive got shit loads of pics but none have been sized down to load on here.Oh yea you better watch out they were some picky feeders bro,I had two phenos I believe would have grown better in plain oceans forest and just liked nutes at half strength or less.I grew Nevilles haze at the same time and it was a blast!!!
good luck
MTM

W

White Widower

Also if the canna is working for you stick with it. Then again how do you know that there's not something else out there that might work better. I ask myself this all the time. Its hard to say what's gonna work for you, and what works for someone else might not be ideal for you or your garden. You gotta experiment, do some side by side testing to see what you like and what your plants like. And if you are trying to boost yield dwc is something to look in to. But like I said there's no guarantees that what someone else does will suit you.

S

stifler

OK UPDATE

I made a bit of a booboo with the SSH as i left it in my window too long in a small pot... nearly lost her!
Got her rescued in my room tho and OMG does this thing grow!! probs 8-10" per week no BS
So i put it into flower at about 25" tall from the top of the pot and im expecting her to get to about 5' (correct me if im wrong on my estimation)
She is also quite a smelly beeach too!
Im only on week 2 of flower and im smelling her!

So ive got these feeds... are they ALL compatible??
Canna coco a & b
Canna PK13/14
Advanced Bud Blood
Advanced Liquid Carbo Load
Liquid silicon
Vitalink Buddy
Nitrozyme
Top Loader

Not keen on the nitrozyme as it seems to always burn the tips of my girls when i do use it so ive left it out. I am interested in the buddy tho... is it the same as the PK? or my top loader? got it foc

Top Bottom