2nd indoor grow having problems

• Thread starter Rmkmmmg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

I have 4 plants. 3 Cali Haze in one Juicy Fruit. I had been growing from seedlings with the M3 Michigan made mix. I transferred from that to Mother Earth Coco coir 70/30. I have been using foxfarm Trio. Started at quarter strength and did one dose of half strength over a week and two days time. Ben pH in water too roughly 6.0 with General Hydroponics pH liquid control kit. Have a 600 watt hortilux HPS. Air-cooled and so on. Relative humidity is been around 50%. After second dose of half strength newts I immediately saw the crow tips in the dark green leaves now I'm sort of starting to see a speckled like burn on my back left. I am a caregiver growing in Michigan. Normally strictly in outside person. Figured I'd try and grow through the winter this go round. First time using synthetic nutes. Please anything will help please ask me anything and please let me know what you think of my little mediocre set up . Just trying to make sure I have everything right
2nd indoor grow having problems

2nd indoor grow having problems 2
2nd indoor grow having problems 3
2nd indoor grow having problems 4
2nd indoor grow having problems 5
SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

umm... aquaman?!

i may throw another coco guy ur way. he's looking for a mentor. u guys will probably b seeking, similar advice.
as nobody has yet to arrive... water those gals, to enough run off, to collect and check with a tds, or ec meter. THOSE R THE FIGURES, as i understand it, that ur help will need. it may answer some of your own questions, for yourself, as u have prior knowledge. I'm fairly certain this is where "you people", really want to measure (I'm aeroponic & hydroponic). consider what u add, a "kissing", influence; like a buffer. so if my gal's borrowed soil, is a 7ph and 200ish ppm... that doesn't mean if i add 9ph water and another 300ppm, that I'll have an 8ph and 250ppm or whatever. i would then, re-meter, or at least understand y my garaged males, look so sad... being treated with the same indifference i had, before i start cross breeding n pollinating.

aquaman!!! diesel! ummm... mosh!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like heat/light stress. What distance is your light at. I also notice those bags aren't full and that big lip will create issues with proper air flow to the plant. What air your air temps?

How often are you watering?

I'm gonna stay away from info on feeding but @Enforcer is a coco guy and can help ya there.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

thanks aqua... mosh.
check out their stuff, if u must, but i veted EVERYONE who comes from mosh's following and they're all- SHARP AS NAILS.

Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

Understood a lot of that. I guess through probably is a significant difference in overall measurements in Corrections with the TDS. So I will go ahead and get some runoff check everything then go from there see if I can really dial down the issue also they're all females feminized from in experimental seed bank called gyo seed bank helping that they do well then I can figure this out if anybody else has any suggestions or ideas on what it really could be please let me know

Moshmen

Moshmen

umm... aquaman?!

i may throw another coco guy ur way. he's looking for a mentor. u guys will probably b seeking, similar advice.
as nobody has yet to arrive... water those gals, to enough run off, to collect and check with a tds, or ec meter. THOSE R THE FIGURES, as i understand it, that ur help will need. it may answer some of your own questions, for yourself, as u have prior knowledge. I'm fairly certain this is where "you people", really want to measure (I'm aeroponic & hydroponic). consider what u add, a "kissing", influence; like a buffer. so if my gal's borrowed soil, is a 7ph and 200ish ppm... that doesn't mean if i add 9ph water and another 300ppm, that I'll have an 8ph and 250ppm or whatever. i would then, re-meter, or at least understand y my garaged males, look so sad... being treated with the same indifference i had, before i start cross breeding n pollinating.

aquaman!!! diesel! ummm... mosh!
I’m new at this indoor game myself I try not to advise to much but yes those are the figures the masters will want definitely looks over fed to me. Personally it’s the easiest mistake to make when ur moving indoors ! Besides overwatering of course .

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

not all fems r created equal... you'll still b on the hook for stress and stalking, til u can verify. and yes- i can b difficult to track. sorry.

Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

Air temps between 75 and 85 day and night im having issues with maintaining humidity at or above fifty for about 6 or so hrs of the 18 6. Then it levels back out. I will fold down the lips in the meantime to increase air flow. Ive got the 600w hps about about 10'' from the shortest one and about 6" from the tallest. Will be moving soon hand test is still good. Not at risk of burn. I really appreciate it guys i have learned massive amounts already.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

In coco perlite 70/30 from what I have read about 400-600ppm at least once a day completely saturating the media and getting run off with a ph between 5.8-6.2

Would be my GUESS. But wait for @1diesel1 or @Enforcer on the feeding.

What are the air temps and distance from the top of plants to the light?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Air temps between 75 and 85 day and night im having issues with maintaining humidity at or above fifty for about 6 or so hrs of the 18 6. Then it levels back out. I will fold down the lips in the meantime to increase air flow. Ive got the 600w hps about about 10'' from the shortest one and about 6" from the tallest. Will be moving soon hand test is still good. Not at risk of burn. I really appreciate it guys i have learned massive amounts already.
Move that light up to about 30" above the plants. Try to get day temps of 75ish. Humidity of about 55-60% would be ideal. You will likely have to water more frequently. With lower humidity and higher temps

Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

Ok im going to order another air humidifier. Im moving the lights and will tds when i water next. What is my nightime lows that i should aim for?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The nute burn I would attribute to not watering often or thoroughly enough. That will create a buildup of nutrients. As the water comes our and the nutrients stay it becomes more concentrated so watering often and to run off is important

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok im going to order another air humidifier. Im moving the lights and will tds when i water next. What is my nightime lows that i should aim for?
65-70 I don't like to go below 65.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also there has been some recent discussions on water temp of feed... It can shock the plant and feed temp between 65-70f would be beneficial to check

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

After the plant starts recovering you can start moving the light closer again but I think 24" is about where I would feel safe. I have never used a 600w HPS so others can give you advice on that but I do know you were way to close.

Rmkmmmg

Rmkmmmg

Everything ive mostly read has said no closer than 5" or so to no less than 20". But i will def take your word for it and log everything on a daily basis

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your awesome man. So ive been watering roughly twice a day. So not enough?
Should be ok maybe 3x you can do. The more often the better in coco as long as they can handle it. I think you might not be fully saturating the entire medium and getting a decent run off?

It should take much to get run off if you have to put a lot in then your not watering often enough.

Again I'm not a coco grower and this advise is off what I have seen others do. Wait for enforcer or diesel... Or another coco grower before taking my advice on feeding.

Moshmen

Moshmen

FYI the hand trick never works fir me! Lol if I do it I raise the lights till I can’t feel any heat .
Try looking for a light meter app if ya have a smart phone ?

Top Bottom